Tufts c/o 2016 Applicants

Started by NStarz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been called off the wait list (alternate)?

Because Tufts doesn't rank their alternates, they usually don't start making calls right away. When I talked to Ford (the admissions counselor), he said that most of the calls would probably be made at the beginning of May.

That being said, there were a bunch last year about a week from Apr 15. So who knows!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
..saying I was in off the waitlist. I'm pretty sure my decision is already set to do a Ph.D., but I am certainly thinking it over. Good luck to everyone waiting! Vaca--I'm pretty sure we were chatting @ the interview day, at least in the morning session... I hope you hear soon!
 
I'm going to make a WILD prediction and guess that I will NOT be getting a phone call from Tufts. Let's wait and see...shall we?
 
I'm going to make a WILD prediction and guess that I will NOT be getting a phone call from Tufts. Let's wait and see...shall we?

don't bet against yourself!
have you spoken to any of the admissions counselors? i don't expect a call either but it might be helpful to hear what they have to say about your application, interview, credentials, etc. as a whole. even when discussing my weak points, Ford's comments were encouraging and constructive.
but for both of us... :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

(this cold/cold medicine must be addling my brain because i really am the biggest pessimist usually...)




...also, taigadog, congratulations. may i ask how long they gave you to make a decision?
 
I actually called admissions about this and they called about 6 people off the list on Thursday to fill the class. As of now, no one else is being called. They have two weeks to decide. So, someone needs to defer, not accept the waitlist acceptance, or let go of their deposit for more spots to be offered. Sorry for the bad news to everyone on the waitilist. I am one of you 🙁