Tufts c/o 2026!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

captainfelixxx

That's rough, buddy
Reaction score
Hey Everyone! Let's get this thread going! OOS second time applicant with an interest in conservation medicine <3

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all :) I'm a first year at Tufts. Happy to answer any questions you may have about the interview process, wIldlife here, Massachusetts etc.

Good luck to you all!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I'm a second year at Tufts. Happy to answer any questions big or small (my PM box is always open)! :giggle:

Excited Water Sports GIF

Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopping on to say I'm a third year at Tufts! Feel free to ask me any questions as well:)

Hi! I just applied for the first time IS. Just wondering when does Tufts let people know they got an interview?

Hi! I just applied for the first time IS. Just wondering when does Tufts let people know they got an interview?
I found out mid-January and had my interview early February. If I remember correctly, the interview invites were sent out in waves last cycle so some people found out earlier than I did and some people found out a little later.

Historically there's a smaller first wave of interviews followed by acceptances in December. Then they send out the majority of their interview invites in January for January-February interview dates and acceptances for those go out all at once in February.

I don't know how much has changed since COVID, but would recommend checking the Tufts threads from the last two years

Historically there's a smaller first wave of interviews followed by acceptances in December. Then they send out the majority of their interview invites in January for January-February interview dates and acceptances for those go out all at once in February.

I don't know how much has changed since COVID, but would recommend checking the Tufts threads from the last two years
Like Dina and max_wildlife said! Don't get stressed if you don't hear from Tufts in December about interviews/acceptances since a really small number of people are invited during this time period for the first interview dates. Most applicants do not hear about interviews until Jan/Feb and for these interview dates you hear about application results in Feb. I didn't get an email from tufts until New years eve about my interview in Jan and found out about my acceptance on Feb 26th.

@Dinashadow I love how the first thing applicants see in this thread is some random user claiming to be the Supreme Goddess of the Universe and seemingly a scary rodent based on profile pic.

• Haha
Like Dina and max_wildlife said! Don't get stressed if you don't hear from Tufts in December about interviews/acceptances since a really small number of people are invited during this time period for the first interview dates. Most applicants do not hear about interviews until Jan/Feb and for these interview dates you hear about application results in Feb. I didn't get an email from tufts until New years eve about my interview in Jan and found out about my acceptance on Feb 26th.

Yes soooo much this. Don't be discouraged when some people get invites and acceptances before the end of the year

@Dinashadow I love how the first thing applicants see in this thread is some random user claiming to be the Supreme Goddess of the Universe and seemingly a scary rodent based on profile pic.

Maybe it'll entice people to come play WW :laugh:

• Haha
Hey y’all! I’m also a first year at Tufts! Happy to answer any questions, I know this process is tough❤️

I always get a mini heart attack when we get update emails :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for that peace of mind. I’ve been freaking out since Tufts is my first choice. What are interviews like and what do you think is the best way to prepare for them?? Your insights are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Thank you for that peace of mind. I’ve been freaking out since Tufts is my first choice. What are interviews like and what do you think is the best way to prepare for them?? Your insights are greatly appreciated!
The interview is conversational. Some schools have a list of questions they need to ask each applicant but Tufts doesn’t seem to do that and definitely came out of left field with some of the questions that I was asked. I’ve heard some funny stories from classmates about their interviews like talking mostly about how they play the banjo or enjoy rock music. My advice to prepare for any interview is to refresh yourself on your application - thats what the Tufts interviewers look at prior to talking to you and can give a framework of what the interviewers may talk to you about. Possibly think about non-veterinary related things that you enjoy doing since that could come up and possibly can trip you up if you are so focused on vetmed related things.

The interview is conversational. Some schools have a list of questions they need to ask each applicant but Tufts doesn’t seem to do that and definitely came out of left field with some of the questions that I was asked. I’ve heard some funny stories from classmates about their interviews like talking mostly about how they play the banjo or enjoy rock music. My advice to prepare for any interview is to refresh yourself on your application - thats what the Tufts interviewers look at prior to talking to you and can give a framework of what the interviewers may talk to you about. Possibly think about non-veterinary related things that you enjoy doing since that could come up and possibly can trip you up if you are so focused on vetmed related things.
Thank you so much 😊

• Care
Has anyone contacted the financial aid email account? I had some questions about the institutional aid but no one responded.

Has anyone contacted the financial aid email account? I had some questions about the institutional aid but no one responded.
I did too and they responded pretty much immediately, but this was early in the morning. I’m sure they’ll get back to you 😊

I did too and they responded pretty much immediately, but this was early in the morning. I’m sure they’ll get back to you 😊
They emailed me back today! It was the holidays last Thursday so they were not open. Thanks for answering my concern tho

So my interview was a little unusual compared to many of my classmates; it was 80% okay but 20% or so stressful. I was asked very directly about my prior struggles with organic chemistry. I felt a little cornered, but I was prepared for this. It was only frustrating only as my most recent withdrawal had occurred 3 years prior to the interview. But yeah we spent a good chunk of time on that. It was uncomfortable, but not fatal.

But the remainder of the conversation was related to my interests in wildlife and pathology. I'm non-trad (I'm 29) so I had plenty of stories to tell to make up for the less great discussion on academics. And I still got in. And I actually know the person who interviewed me now -- they're an okay person. If you find yourself in this situation just remember I think they're trying to see how you react to pressure.

And for some reassurance, the professors here are widely very mellow, conversational and genuinely friendly. I chose this school more or less for proximity to the ocean lol which I do take advantage of -- I've been to Maine as many weekends as I can -- but I ended up choosing it over Ohio. I still don't regret that.

Just curious--has anyone had any video views of their essay on YouTube analytics? (provided you did a video essay)

I found the interview to be a really good experience, and I’m not just saying that! My interviewers genuinely seemed interested in the things I had done prior to applying to vet school, and they were really kind and easy to talk to. My biggest tips are to a) be ready to talk about yourself and your accomplishments! And b) do some research of your own before interview day. I prepped just by googling “vet school interview questions” and picked a few that I felt might be asked (ie. What are some challenges in vet med today? Why Tufts? Etc.). Regardless of what they may ask, just remember that they’re rooting for you! Every tufts faculty member I’ve met so far has been so supportive and genuine. I’ve heard from a lot of people that their Tufts interview was their favorite one during the application process.

Is anyone else feeling impatient? Especially with the first round of interviews occurring December 20th! Less than a month out folks!

Hey all! I'm OOS 1st time applicant. Very anxious to hear back!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! First time OOS here too! Definitely a little bit more nervous now that December is right around the corner!

Looking at last years thread, it looks like they sent out interview invites December 8th for December 21st. I imagine people will start hearing back on a similar date since we were told December 20th. But the thread also confused me because some people heard back about being accepted before Christmas?!?! Do they really have that quick of a turnaround for the first set of interviews?

Looking at last years thread, it looks like they sent out interview invites December 8th for December 21st. I imagine people will start hearing back on a similar date since we were told December 20th. But the thread also confused me because some people heard back about being accepted before Christmas?!?! Do they really have that quick of a turnaround for the first set of interviews?
The first set of interviews in December hear back right away while interviews after that (ie Jan and Feb) hear back in late Feb. As a few of us mentioned already, don't worry if you don't hear from Tufts in Dec. Majority of applicants including myself did not hear about interviews in Dec.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, I was reviewing the timeline and saw that application evaluations are conducted September — November. Now that we are in December I was wondering if anyone else is waiting for their video to be viewed (for the essay portion)??

Hey everyone, I was reviewing the timeline and saw that application evaluations are conducted September — November. Now that we are in December I was wondering if anyone else is waiting for their video to be viewed (for the essay portion)??
I honestly wouldn't worry. They are probably just running behind since the app was due two weeks later this year. I still only have one view. When I was stalking the old threads...I think it was 2023 (I know what's wrong with me), someone mentioned that their video essay was viewed multiple times around November 15th and then two weeks later they received interview invites for December interviews. So it's probably a waiting game. I submitted super early so maybe that has something to do with it? At any rate, I think it would pretty uncool to not look at the entire application...

I honestly wouldn't worry. They are probably just running behind since the app was due two weeks later this year. I still only have one view. When I was stalking the old threads...I think it was 2023 (I know what's wrong with me), someone mentioned that their video essay was viewed multiple times around November 15th and then two weeks later they received interview invites for December interviews. So it's probably a waiting game. I submitted super early so maybe that has something to do with it? At any rate, I think it would pretty uncool to not look at the entire application...
Do we think that they'd only view the videos of apps they're actually considering? Or would they look at every video if you meet the minimum academic requirements?

Do we think that they'd only view the videos of apps they're actually considering? Or would they look at every video if you meet the minimum academic requirements?
I hope they would look at everyone's! But I have no idea. It just seems like it would be fair to look at the candidate in their entirety. I guess we will have to see. And maybe they looked at mine and went "ehhh nope!".

I hope they would look at everyone's! But I have no idea. It just seems like it would be fair to look at the candidate in their entirety. I guess we will have to see. And maybe they looked at mine and went "ehhh nope!".
I'm hopeful too! I'm just feeling discouraged by how many OOS schools don't even actually look at any of your app if you don't meet a certain cutoff they determine that year (even if you meet the posted minimum to apply)

I'm hopeful too! I'm just feeling discouraged by how many OOS schools don't even actually look at any of your app if you don't meet a certain cutoff they determine that year (even if you meet the posted minimum to apply)
Yeah, I'm confused by that as well. Rejecting people based on GPA for initial assessment even though they meet the minimum GPA. Just seems unfair. Unless they just rank everyone and cut it off at a certain number each year but then you would think they would post what that minimum cut off would be? Who knows. I'm hopeful though!

Yeah, I'm confused by that as well. Rejecting people based on GPA for initial assessment even though they meet the minimum GPA. Just seems unfair. Unless they just rank everyone and cut it off at a certain number each year but then you would think they would post what that minimum cut off would be? Who knows. I'm hopeful though!
My thoughts exactly. Just raise the min for OOS, like some other schools have done. But $$$

Thanks for that, that is definitely reassuring! I submitted early September so maybe they haven’t gotten to mine yet 🤷 I would certainly hope they view everyone’s video since they do a “holistic overview” rather than just basing their decision on a specific GPA like some other schools. I spent a lot of time working on mine so even if I don’t get in I would at least want them to watch it lol. This waiting game is killing me!

Thanks for that, that is definitely reassuring! I submitted early September so maybe they haven’t gotten to mine yet 🤷 I would certainly hope they view everyone’s video since they do a “holistic overview” rather than just basing their decision on a specific GPA like some other schools. I spent a lot of time working on mine so even if I don’t get in I would at least want them to watch it lol. This waiting game is killing me!
Agree! I'm impatient as can be. I wonder if the extension on the financial aid deadline will affect interviews...

Agree! I'm impatient as can be. I wonder if the extension on the financial aid deadline will affect interviews...
Yeah I got that email too. Seems like things are definitely weird this year so who knows when we’ll hear anything at all.

Hi everyone! OOS applicant here. Do we send our fall transcripts? I do not see information about that on the admissions page. Thanks!

Hi everyone! OOS applicant here. Do we send our fall transcripts? I do not see information about that on the admissions page. Thanks!
I believe that you only need to send it if you get accepted.

Hey, I was asked to send my fall transcripts back when I was applying to Tufts - though I did have pre-reqs in progress back then. They did e-mail me and ask for them when I did not send them the first time I applied, so I sent them automatically the second time.

The main admissions people are super helpful and not judgmental. I definitely recommend emailing them and asking for some clarification on that.