Hey fellow waitlisters. I just got off the phone with Patty, who is so nice I literally want to cry every time I talk to her and remembered me not only from this year, but my whole situation on the alternate list LAST year and my deciding to defer at Edinburgh to try again here. As of yesterday (which was the response date for alternates called to respond), the class is full. I'm going to go cry now. 🙁
She told me that IF more spaces open up, with people getting pulled off waitlists at their first choice school, or deferral requests and whatever, they will call alternates. They send out a letter to all of us in early July to ask if we wish to remain on the alternate list and until what date (ie if you will be starting at another school, or leaving the country, etc).
So if anyone is thinking of deferring or accepting elsewhere....feel free. 😀