Much like Cleetus on a previous thread, I am in a very similar predicament. I also got into the MD/MBA program at Tufts a week ago. I also received admission to Chicago Med. The dilemma I have is that the program for Tufts starts at the end of the month, whereas I am still waiting to hear from a few schools especially UCI. However, all waitlists start moving in June and if I start school at the end of the month at Tufts I forfeit my position at all other schools. Tufts has a great name so I am very hesitant to give it up, but the cost is astronomical. It is going to be about 280k for four years which translates to 560k in 10 years with interest. In comparison UCI is only going to cost me 100k. The other schools I am waitlisted at also run about 80k cheaper than Tufts. Given that the May 15 deadline is upon us, I have two choices. 1) Accept Tufts and give up all other opportunities 2) Decline Tufts MD/MBA program, accept Chicago Med, and wait it out for the other schools until Chicago med starts I would go to UCI over all other schools. Problem is if I give up Tufts and accept Chicago Med and then don't get into any other school off a waitlist, I am gonna kick myself that I gave up the Tufts acceptance. However if I go to Tufts and forfeit all my other acceptances, I will always wonder how much better off I would be with so much less debt at UCI. I am a nontraditional applicant that is 27 years old. I would have taken Tufts if I was still an undergrad. However, considering that I will graduate from residency around the age of 34 and that it will require me 10 years to live a very meager lifestyle with an inability to save much and own very little until the age of 44, this seems very unappealing to me. As much as I want to be a doctor, realistically it is important to consider quality of life as well for me. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem or any helpful advice. I am seriously considering rejecting the MD/MBA program and thus being thrown back into the Tufts MD traditional pool, where I will be waitlisted. Any advice would be welcome.