tufts housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ra54

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any advice about where to live? is posner hall really that bad? it seems like its a good option because its cheap and close to the school. rent in boston seems to be really expensive!

Members don't see this ad.

I have one thing to say about Posner Hall, it SUCKS. I mean ROYALLY SUCKS. There are prostitutes behind the building during the early fall months late at night, the neighborhood is not particularly safe at night and there is only one very convenient Chinese place to eat at if you don't want to cook every night, and more than 20 people share an atrociously small kitchen which is not kept very clean. I lived there my first year, and found the majority of the people who lived there to be immature, cliquey, and competitive. I generally like my classmates and wanted to get to know people outside the dorm, but those who lived in Posner seemed to have no interest in socializing outside the dorm. Unfortunately, most of the individuals I am speaking of will be returning to Posner this year, so if you live there you will have to put up with them. The only advantage of living in Posner is that it is close to school and you can hop out of bed 10 minutes before class and still make it. If this advantage outweighs all of the disadvantages I mentioned for you personally, then I would consider living there. If not, I would suggest looking for a roomate or two and getting a place in Brookline, Somerville, or the South End. These seem to be the cheapest areas, though there are certainly other options too. Good luck in your housing search.