Tufts lost my reference letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jase133

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alrite..anyone else had this happen to them?

All my references have arrived at OTHER schools (they were all sent out at the same time to ALL schools). Tufts sends me a postcard today and says they don't have ANY of my references.

What's the deal? I have tracking codes that prove otherwise.

Anyone else having similar problems? Either at Tufts or some other place?

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. At USC (my own school) and OHSU. You have to realize the quantity of paperwork these schools get, and factor in the quality of most campus mail services. It's a pain, but it happens.

Andrew

so what happened? did you had to get your refs to resend?

Members don't see this ad :)
It didn't happen to me, but the schools are going to want to see the letters even if it was their fault for losing them. They can say, "I'm sorry", but they can't make up fake letters or just assume the letters were wonderful. AMCAS lost one of my transcripts and I had to send a new one. The sooner you re-request them, the sooner the new ones will get to the school.

yes, my letters were lost at sinai, jefferson and one other school i can't remember right now after my school had sent out all of my letters at once. i just resent them and both schools called when they had been filed.

My letters were lost at OHSU, Jefferson, and MCP-Hahnemann. I just had my recommenders resend letters.

For those schools that don't send "your app is complete and under reciew" postcards, how did you find out that your letters were lost?

My letters were lost at Stanford and misplaced at Michigan and Buffalo. Basically I had to contact all three schools to fix the problem. Only Stanford required me to resend the letters.

I had something similar happen and I can't quite figure out what happened. I called NYMC last thursday at about noon because their status website never said anything about my letters. They said they had never received them. So I went to my pre-med office and they said that they did send them but would resend them by mail that afternoon. Now the status page on NYMC says that the letters were received on 11/29...which was the day that I called them and the afternoon that the letters were put in the mail...seems odd to me..i can't figure it out..i just hope it doesnt put me a step behind everyone else..hopefully not...

Yeah, that BS happend to me too. First MCP tells me they don't have my LOR's or transcripts, which were supposedly sent by AMCAS in OCT. :rolleyes:
, and today I got a post card from Tufts saying they don't have my LOR's either. I have a theory that they send half the stuff they get down the trash shoot, hoping to clear up their desks! ;) :D

EllieR,

Did you send them an e-mail?

Cheers

Heh...
Contacted Admissions in the end... only one letter is missing now =)
Yay!

The guy on the phone was very nice about helping me out... Cool!

Cheers

Originally posted by jase133:
•Heh...
Contacted Admissions in the end... only one letter is missing now =)
Yay!

The guy on the phone was very nice about helping me out... Cool!

Cheers•••

I think it's a Canadian thing
;) WashU said they hadn't received one letter, and my referee sent it in over 3 weeks ago. Then all of a sudden, it appears on the status check.

USC lost my LORs. TWICE!! :mad: