Tufts News????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But you don't understand what I am up against...TIME. The medical school that I have been accepted to starts June 1st, and I don't want to go. :( This should be considered illegal by AAMC. It's entrapment I tell you. And as of right now, I am on two waitlists, yet, I still have to plan to move by the end of this month. I have not even purchased a plane ticket or put a deposit on housing. This is why the admissions people at Tufts told me their decision and refuse to talk to anyone else.

Members don't see this ad.

Does Tufts send the final decision letter to the temporary or permanent address? I received my delayed decision letter at my temporary address so should I also expect to receive my final decision letter there too?

I just talked to the Admissions Office at Tufts and they said a letter was sent to me today. I assume it is a waitlist letter. Does anyone know if acceptance letters were sent today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Izalco, I spoke to the admissions office just now, she told me that all the letters went out today. When I told her that some people had gotten their acceptance package already she told me that all kind of letters went out today. NOT JUST WAIT LIST LETTERS.

Hope this helps

pyroporphrin said:
Izalco, I spoke to the admissions office just now, she told me that all the letters went out today. When I told her that some people had gotten their acceptance package already she told me that all kind of letters went out today. NOT JUST WAIT LIST LETTERS.

Hope this helps

While I clearly don't know the admissions officers and don't want to offend anyone by passing judgement on their characters, I wouldn't put it past them to tell us this information just to get us off their backs and so that they could stick to their policy of not giving out final decisions over the phone. Why is that we've only heard of people getting acceptances? Why would they only send out a couple of acceptances and not all of them last thursday and then send nothing out on friday and then resume mailings on monday? I think we all should just be realistic and understand that the information given to us by the admissions people may not necessarily be the truth. As for me, I'll still be expecting a waitlist or a rejection. If you have no expectations, you can't be dissapointed.

Does anyone know how many applicants are put on the waitlist and if the waitlist at TUFTs is known to have a lot of movement?

precisionplus said:
While I clearly don't know the admissions officers and don't want to offend anyone by passing judgement on their characters, I wouldn't put it past them to tell us this information just to get us off their backs and so that they could stick to their policy of not giving out final decisions over the phone. Why is that we've only heard of people getting acceptances? Why would they only send out a couple of acceptances and not all of them last thursday and then send nothing out on friday and then resume mailings on monday? I think we all should just be realistic and understand that the information given to us by the admissions people may not necessarily be the truth. As for me, I'll still be expecting a waitlist or a rejection. If you have no expectations, you can't be dissapointed.

I tend to agree with you precision. I still havent heard anything, although I am way out in virginia, but I should have gotten a letter by now if it was mailed thursday. So I am waiting for my waitlist or rejection.

I just got this email right now from TUFTS:

I am writing to let you know that you have been offered a position on the
Wait List at Tufts University School of Medicine. Your official letter is
now in the mail. Your letter is dated May 10, 2004 and your reply is due on
May 24, 2004.

Your letter was sent to the following address:

We realize that some applicants change their address at this time of year
and may have difficulty receiving mail and replying by the deadline.

If you expect a delay in receiving mail sent to the above address, you can
access a sample of our wait list letter complete with a Candidate Reply Form
at:

http://www.tufts.edu/med/admissions/selected/may_04_wl_letter.html

Please note the underscores (_) in the last section (may_04_wl_letter.html).

Simply print the entire PDF document (the letter and the reply form),
complete the Candidate Reply From by hand, and mail it to us at:

Tufts University School of Medicine
Office of Admissions/Candidate Reply
136 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111

If you have any questions, please email us at:

[email protected]

Just got the waitlist invitation. I will not be accepting a spot on the waitlist. I'm tired of waiting.

Does anyone know if Tufts ranks their waitlist and if they disclose the rankings to us?

I too got the e-mail of doom. Well not really. I got better places to go

Hey guys,

I interviewed on 3/16 and just got the admissions letter from Tufts today! :D :love: :D :love: It came in the same type of envelope as the interview invitation and contained something like 5 pages. I also got the acceptance email this afternoon.

I had called them this morning before my acceptance letter and the secretary had told me that by this afternoon (5/10/04) ALL the decision letters will have been sent out for those on delayed decision or who had spring interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Arsenic! Hopefully, us waitlisters will be as lucky. Did anyone receive a rejections?....just sounds like a bunch of waitlists.

You know what kind of annoys me is the wording in the wait list letter. It says "you have been offered a position on the Wait List..." You read it and you see the phrase "offered a position" and your eyes light up and you get a big grin until you continue reading and see "Wait List." It is a real tease and they need to rethink their wording a bit. They might as well start it off with "Cogratulations ...you have been offered a position on the Wait List."

It is a shame. I liked Tufts, but I don't know if I liked it enough to keep waiting for a couple of more months. I am impatient and I want to get my life settled.

ForensicPath said:
You know what kind of annoys me is the wording in the wait list letter. It says "you have been offered a position on the Wait List..." You read it and you see the phrase "offered a position" and your eyes light up and you get a big grin until you continue reading and see "Wait List." It is a real tease and they need to rethink their wording a bit. They might as well start it off with "Cogratulations ...you have been offered a position on the Wait List."

It is a shame. I liked Tufts, but I don't know if I liked it enough to keep waiting for a couple of more months. I am impatient and I want to get my life settled.

Ahhh, this stupid email, the wording is terrible, I read the "you have been offered a position" and stopped, I was on the phone with my girlfriend, I started freaking out, ran down stairs, screamed to my parents that I got into Tufts. Then came back upstairs to finish the rest of the email. Freaking humiliating to go back and say, oh wait, I was wrong, I got waitlisted. On a brighter note, I got my first acceptance from NYMC, however, I would much rather have gotten it from Tufts.

I got waitlisted too. I interviewed in early January. I guess I'll have to keep waiting...this is a school I really want to go to.

I agree with you guys on the horrible wording...I heard that last year, the waitlist letter did start with "Congratulations!"....just plan mean

I just got the waitlist email and I totally agree with the awkward wording. So sorry for the guy that humiliated himself by telling his family he was accepted.

I don't understand why they are giving us the link to a sample waitlist letter. Do they want us to know what it looks like before it arrives via snail mail or do they want us to print it out and send?

Tufts has this nasty habit of making people wait and little do they know that they are only hurting themselves because people are getting frustrated and will opt to go somewhere else.

The link is for the form that you have to send back to stay on the waitlist. Like they said, people move and if the snail-letter doesn't get there fast enough, you can print out the form, fill it out and send it back to them to indicate that you want to stay on the waitlist.

MD2, I noticed that too....that is a scary thought. In fact, I haven't heard of anyone getting rejected post-interview during any of the decision periods. I know last year there were some. What do you guys think?

fyi, the waitlist letter comes in a big envelope too. it has the letter, candidate reply form, and an envelope to send the reply back.

here's to more waiting...good luck all!