Tufts Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baracuda

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any inexpensive hotels in Boston around the school? All the hotels listed in their packet is 200-400/night!! And also Does the blue line have a direct route to the school from the airport or do I need to hop on a different line.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi baracuda, the blue line stops a few blocks (Maybe a 10 minute walk) from Tufts at State Street. I'm not sure which building they interview in but its such a small area that it can't be too far. If you want to go right to the NEMC stop, you can hop on the Orange line, but it only takes you a few blocks. From the airport, you can also take the Logan Dart directly to South Station. Its a bus, takes about 20 minutes and is 5$. As for hotels, I can't think of anything much less expensive than 200. Maybe call around and ask for best rates. If they aren't filling rooms, you might be able to do better.

In their packet they sent me last year there was a hotel for about $100 that is right around the corner from the dental school. I forgot what it was called - does anyone here know which hotel I am talking about.

The rooms pretty much sucked, I could practically spread my arms out and reach from one side of the room to the other. And dont even get me started about the bathrooms.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you expect for 100 in downtown Boston, GoatBoy :D :D

Considering that Chinatown is the city's red light district, I don't even want to think about what might have been in the bathroom. . .

I stayed at Milner's Hotel. It is about 10 minutes away from the school. I paied $89 which includes a free shuttle from the airport and continental breakfast. It is not the nicest hotel, but I would highly recommend this place since it is really affordable.

Originally posted by DragonFly9:
•What do you expect for 100 in downtown Boston, GoatBoy :D :D

Considering that Chinatown is the city's red light district, I don't even want to think about what might have been in the bathroom. . .•••

Hey give me a break, I didnt know what the prices are like in Boston.

I ended up staying with a friend in Malden anyway.

I stayed at Sheraton for $50/night. Got the deal from priceline.com
The hotel is right next to the Prudential shopping center, close to Newburry street and only a block away from the T system.

I actually stayed at the same exact Sheraton, also for about 50 per night using Priceline...it's a very nice hotel and perfectly located if u wanna also walk around and absorb some of the boston city life too....In general, I've had good luck with priceline when it comes to hotels. You can choose what specific part of the city you want a hotel in and I've usually saved anywhere from 50 to $100/night using it...

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll give priceline a try. how far is that sheraton from the school? If not, then milner hotel it is.