1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Tufts Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by baracuda, Dec 19, 2001.

1. baracuda

baracuda Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone know of any inexpensive hotels in Boston around the school? All the hotels listed in their packet is 200-400/night!! And also Does the blue line have a direct route to the school from the airport or do I need to hop on a different line.

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dragonfly9

dragonfly9 Frickin' Chicken
    7+ Year Member

Hi baracuda, the blue line stops a few blocks (Maybe a 10 minute walk) from Tufts at State Street. I'm not sure which building they interview in but its such a small area that it can't be too far. If you want to go right to the NEMC stop, you can hop on the Orange line, but it only takes you a few blocks. From the airport, you can also take the Logan Dart directly to South Station. Its a bus, takes about 20 minutes and is 5$. As for hotels, I can't think of anything much less expensive than 200. Maybe call around and ask for best rates. If they aren't filling rooms, you might be able to do better.

4. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

In their packet they sent me last year there was a hotel for about $100 that is right around the corner from the dental school. I forgot what it was called - does anyone here know which hotel I am talking about.

The rooms pretty much sucked, I could practically spread my arms out and reach from one side of the room to the other. And dont even get me started about the bathrooms.

5. dragonfly9

dragonfly9 Frickin' Chicken
    7+ Year Member

What do you expect for 100 in downtown Boston, GoatBoy :D :D

Considering that Chinatown is the city's red light district, I don't even want to think about what might have been in the bathroom. . .

6. Bruin2k

Bruin2k Member
    7+ Year Member

I stayed at Milner's Hotel. It is about 10 minutes away from the school. I paied $89 which includes a free shuttle from the airport and continental breakfast. It is not the nicest hotel, but I would highly recommend this place since it is really affordable.

7. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

8. I stayed at Sheraton for $50/night. Got the deal from priceline.com
    The hotel is right next to the Prudential shopping center, close to Newburry street and only a block away from the T system.

9. waiting

waiting Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I actually stayed at the same exact Sheraton, also for about 50 per night using Priceline...it's a very nice hotel and perfectly located if u wanna also walk around and absorb some of the boston city life too....In general, I've had good luck with priceline when it comes to hotels. You can choose what specific part of the city you want a hotel in and I've usually saved anywhere from 50 to $100/night using it...

10. baracuda

baracuda Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll give priceline a try. how far is that sheraton from the school? If not, then milner hotel it is.

11. using the subway, it's about 10-15 minutes.