Tufts vs. TAMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woofmeowpurr

Reaction score
Hello! I am deciding between the vet programs at Tufts and Texas A&M, which are both OOS for me. Neither are cheap options and they end up being around the same cost. There are many pros and cons for both schools that are making it really hard for me to pick between them.

I’m currently interested in small animal medicine but am not set on it. I am from California, so both are pretty far away from home.

Tufts:
  • Great community
  • Cold
  • Grafton is in the “middle of nowhere”
  • New curriculum this year
  • Wildlife clinic
TAMU
  • Really nice, new facilities
  • Hot and muggy
  • College town
I would really appreciate any personal insight on either of these schools and their cultures! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

From what I read, TAMU OOS is like 220k compared to 358k for Tufts. Not exactly equal. But maybe you have a Tufts scholarship or something. I don’t think anything on your pro and con list is really a make or break either way. I wouldn’t particularly want to be the guinea pig class for a new curriculum, if I could avoid it. But you’ll be fine either way and you should choose whatever is cheapest.

Reactions: 1 users