TUFTS Waitlist (dental): Any word?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FloridaStudy

El Capitan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I found a thread about this in the Pre-Dent section but thought that I'd ask if anyone has heard if Tufts Dental is close to making decisions on the Fall 2004 waitlist/acceptances? Anyone? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

how long have you been on the waitlist? have you called and asked them when you will be hearing?

Thank you so much for your all kindness. I've been on waitlist since March as i applied mid Feb with my stat of 19 and GPA 3.84 and an interview with a 4th year student who tried to stun me hard. I"m really anxious for the result to come out, I heard Chris say that there's no decline on seats yet. How sad!!! I really want to go to TUFTS. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
my1molar said:
Thank you so much for your all kindness. I've been on waitlist since March as i applied mid Feb with my stat of 19 and GPA 3.84 and an interview with a 4th year student who tried to stun me hard. I"m really anxious for the result to come out, I heard Chris say that there's no decline on seats yet. How sad!!! I really want to go to TUFTS. :(

How are you on the waitlist????? Your gpa is amazing, whats your major??

I was on the waitlist last year, and got deferred acceptance for this year. They'll mail you a letter soon, telling you what your rank is and also past waitlist stats (ie how many were on past waitlists, and how many were called off it).

WOW molar...that is sort of strange that you did not get accepted. When was your interview? I might have interviewd with you!!! Well, I'm sure with a GPA like yours and a high DAT score, you will have a better chance at getting off the wait.

Bickle, so they do that? defer your acceptance for the following year? Is that what you did cause you are going to Tufts this year, right?

i applied really late and the Taiwanese interviewer might not like me :(.I got the interview on the 11th of March. i am graduating with a degree in biology, minor in chemistry. I'm international student also, so desperate to have a chance. oh ONE BIG thing, my PAT is only 15, even though other scores are pretty ok. :scared:
Thanks everyone,

claudiadent said:
Bickle, so they do that? defer your acceptance for the following year? Is that what you did cause you are going to Tufts this year, right?

Yeah they offer deferred acceptances to only a FEW people who didnt get called off the list. I was ranked in the top 10, so I was considered for deferred acceptance.

One probably has a better chance being called off the list than having deferred acceptance. I asked the admissions office how many people were given deferred acceptances, they didnt give me a number, but they said very few get it.

So in the end, I applied for the class of 2007, but I'll be apart of the class of 2008.

So you've just been kickin' it for a year? I bet you're anxious to get started!

Calculus1 said:
So you've just been kickin' it for a year? I bet you're anxious to get started!

Just a bit. :D

Hello all,

thanks for the replies! I know that mymolar previously wrote that Tufts said that they were mailing out rankings last week...if anyone hears, would you mind posting that you've gotten a response so that those of us waiting to hear will have a heads-up? Thanks again, all, and I hope to see you in the fall!

-FS

I got the mail from Tufts saying that there's no vacancy and they could not accept anymore students so I got defered acceptance :eek: . I don't know how i feel now, i'm not happy yet not so sad. IT sucks coz i really want to get in this year. ANyone got off the waitlist and enter this year??? Maybe they just said no vacancy to make me feel better???
Thanks for sharing,

What's going to suck out of this is that for this years cycle there going to have to accept fewer people to fill up the class and bump acceptances to next year. :mad: Annoying.