Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good idea! I just called the financial aid office and they said that they think they will send everyone an email today. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Sooo you guys, anybody else accepted who knows for sure they're declining their spot by now? Heh heh... :p

But seriously, does anybody know when and how often the adcom is meeting to discuss the alternate list? I feel like I've been waiting years!

HAH I just realized it totally looks like I got in off the alternate list if you look at the threads page because I posted on this thread and the "Off the Waitlist" thread... oops.

oh whoa i just got my financial package... at 3:20 AM (or 4:20 AM their time). are they really working this late?? dang... commitment. and YOWSA $60K for the budget??? does anyone know if this is an overestimate for most students?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh whoa i just got my financial package... at 3:20 AM (or 4:20 AM their time). are they really working this late?? dang... commitment. and YOWSA $60K for the budget??? does anyone know if this is an overestimate for most students?

How did you get your package? snail mail, email, some online status thing i dont know about, etc.?

I am very anziously awaiting the arrival of mine as it will determine if i am able to afford Tufts... please let me know how you found out...

and i've heard estimates of 55k... 60k isnt too far off... tuition alone is 39k if you're out of state... and the cost of living is super high in the boston area...

How did you get your package? snail mail, email, some online status thing i dont know about, etc.?

I am very anziously awaiting the arrival of mine as it will determine if i am able to afford Tufts... please let me know how you found out...

and i've heard estimates of 55k... 60k isnt too far off... tuition alone is 39k if you're out of state... and the cost of living is super high in the boston area...

If you are living in boston yes costs of living is high. Out around grafton it's not as bad. My rent is 475 +utlities which I consided very reasonable. I spend under $1000 a month for all living expenses.

i got it via e-mail... angelo do you think that your rent/utilities situation is hard to find? or are most places goign to be more expensive?

i got it via e-mail... angelo do you think that your rent/utilities situation is hard to find? or are most places goign to be more expensive?

I live in a two bedroom apartment that I share with a third year. It is on the lower end of the two bedroom apartments but there some people have cheaper housing than me if they live in a house and rent out all the bedrooms. If you were looking to live alone then it is low. So I don't think it is outside of the reasonable range. Other places I was looking at were asking between 500 and 600 + utilities. a lot of people are living in condos or more commercial renting situations and those are more expensive then the private set ups.

I'm sorry to say it, guys, but I'll be sending in my 'Thanks but no thanks' on Monday.

DocDVMD - hope they call you right away ;)

Everyone else - you have an awesome class here, and I'm super jealous (especially since now I'll never know what guppy REALLY looks like :laugh:) but WI won me over yesterday.

Sooo you guys, anybody else accepted who knows for sure they're declining their spot by now? Heh heh... :p

Hi DocDVMD! (and everyone else who is waiting)
I declined my OOS spot by snail mail several days ago (not sure how long it will take for it to arrive in MA from CA)
I really hope you get it!

Good luck!!!:luck::luck:

has anyone else heard/or nor heard about their financial aid package? I am still waiting, and seems that there were a few emails sent out, but i didnt hear anything and now its got me worried..

p.s. sorry to see you guys decline, but totally cross my fingers for DocDVMD

I got the financial aid email yesterday morning. I would just call them tomorrow and ask, "where's mine!?" Good luck!

I'm still waiting for my financial aid stuff too. Maybe they're sending e-mails little by little?

I'm still waiting for my financial aid stuff too. Maybe they're sending e-mails little by little?

glad to know i am not alone. I will probably just give them a call in the AM tomorrow to see if there was a mistake or if they only got to certain people over the weekend.

Thanks for letting me know i'm not alone in this lol. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Aw, thanks guys! I'm glad I have support even if you guys aren't on the adcom ;)

I'm sorry to say it, guys, but I'll be sending in my 'Thanks but no thanks' on Monday.

DocDVMD - hope they call you right away ;)

Everyone else - you have an awesome class here, and I'm super jealous (especially since now I'll never know what guppy REALLY looks like :laugh:) but WI won me over yesterday.

Sorry we won't have you around, DVMorBust. But if you're ever at Tufts in the future, just look for a short, hypercaffeinated spaz. That will likely be me. :p

Regarding financial aid stuff: I also received mine yesterday. Maybe they're doing it alphabetically? Really don't know....

And once again, good luck to DocDVMD & others still waiting to hear! Not too much longer, I'm sure.... :luck::luck::luck:

maybe they are doing it by IS, contract or OOS. What are you guys?

I'm OOS with a last name beginning with 'T' and still waiting... darn being OOS and last names at the end of the alphabet lol

Keeping my fingers crossed :xf: for DocDVMD

Im IS last name "M"... so maybe alphabetically.. or maybe we're all just crazy and they're sending e-mails randomly! haha

i'm OOS and my last name starts w/Y.... so i'm guessing not alphabetical....

ha there going my theory lol...

well just a few more hours and i'll give them a call and see what up...

i'll let ya'll know what they say. :)

I emailed the financial aid office and they told me that they sent my letter to my email address and to check junk folders etc. She also sent me another cpy, so i now have my package.

For all those waiting. Try contacting Jeanne Mahan in the financial aid office, this is who i eailed and she got back to me within an hour.

her email is posted on the financial aid website for TUCSVM

Yay! I'm glad it worked out for you, StillDreaming. Hopefully it's the same story for everyone else who is waiting, too.

Thanks still dreaming- I just sent out an email as well, so hopefully they will get back to me. Im still trying to freaking decide where to go :eek:!

They sent me my financial aid offer finally. They were unable to consider me for institutional financial aid because they didn't receive my W2 forms which I KNOW I sent. They were in the same package I sent all the other materials in, so they must have lost them. Should I even bother telling them and resending it? I don't think they'd even be able to reconsider it since it's past the deadline. I really don't think this is worth the money or effort anymore...

Unable to consider me for institutional aid, either. After tracking down what happened, turns out my parents didn't sign their tax return *headdesk*

Ah well. Now I can actually make myself decline without having that 'what if' in the back of my head.

I didn't qualify for financial aid either! Even though I emailed them last week that my mother who is divorced and lives alone lost her job. :mad: Apparently it was too late and they had already "awarded the package" of loans. Oh well. I'm going to send in my declining letter tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed for moniebalonie and the other alternates! :xf::xf::xf:

I agree with DVMorBust though, at least now I won't have any lingering feelings of doubt

i got some aid... and now have to sit down and punch in the numbers... not sure what to do... hmmm, sorry to hear so many of you are deciding to go elsewhere for money, but that is trully what is may come down to for a lot fo us... unfortunate, but true

That sucks eatpinkpenguins!! I was hoping for a slim chance we could be classmates :). but thanks for your well wishes

so i was just cruising around the u.s. news and world report site, looking for finance-related articles, and i saw a link to rankings for health care plans. i was curious if the tufts associated health plan (TAHP) was ranked but figured it was probably too small to count, maybe that it's even just for the tufts univ. community.

imagine my surprise when i open the link and... it's #2! i think that's awesome. seems like a sign from the health care heavens or something.

not a lot of info except a summary of survey results, but here's the link: http://www.usnews.com/directories/health-plans/index_html/plan_cat+commercial/

wait.. so is that referencing the health insurance we would pay for as a tufts student?? ooo!

Declined my OOS seat at Tufts this morning... :) good luck to those of you hanging out on the waitlist!

seems like financial aid was a big factor for a lot of us in our decision to go here... I'm still on the fence, but why can't Tufts be cheaper!?!?! I would be there in a heart beat!

Sent in my acceptance and money today!...not too excited about the loans...looking at other options.anyone else considering army?

seems like financial aid was a big factor for a lot of us in our decision to go here... I'm still on the fence, but why can't Tufts be cheaper!?!?! I would be there in a heart beat!

AGREED! :eek: i am 80% sure i am attending, i just want to talk finaid stuff over w/my family b/c i don't know much about this type of thing... why couldn't it just be like.. idaknow.. $10K a year?!?! =D here's to dreaming... :rolleyes:

declined my seat yesterday! good luck alternates!

Ah I really want to know when they'll be meeting and sending out the first round of acceptances off the alternate list... I know myself and a few others are waiting to hopefully avoid losing money on lease deposits/out-of-country expensive school deposits. Do you think it would be too pushy to call/email and ask Patty?

Patty is so nice - it's worth a shot!

They were pretty tight lipped about the numbers, which I think really drives when they meet and send out invites. But hey it is worth a shot.

Sent in my acceptance and money today!...not too excited about the loans...looking at other options.anyone else considering army?

I looked into it, but i just don't think it is for me... I'm meeting with a friend who is Tufts alum today just to talk in general about the school and if the loans were worth it, etc. I should be mailing my letters later this week.

I'll keep ya updated!

so i am overnighting my letter and money today. I hate that i left it so late, but had to wait for my paycheck to clear before i had the money.

think i should call them and tell them to expect it, that i overnighted it? Just to make sure they don't think i'm just not responding?

I think you should definitely call and give them a heads-up, just in case. I'm sure they wouldn't mind, and will probably be nothing more than really happy you've decided to accept.

Can't wait to meet you next Fall! :hello:

is it supposed to be received by the 15th, or postmarked by the 15th? i sent mine yesterday.

i sent mine in yesterday and e-mailed them about it... patty finger said thank you for letting us know in case they don't receive it by tomorrow

==> i think they're EXPECTING it tomorrow, so call them! yay go class of 2013!

I called the admissions office after i overnighted it to them... and they said don't worry about overnighting it lol, that calling was just fine for holding my spot as long as the check was postmarked for the 15th...

well, they get mine today lol, just $15 to get it there really fast haha...

They said they will be emailing or calling all thos they have no heard from later today.

AHHH!! I'm so excited now that this is actually happening!!!

I just declined Tufts :( It was such a hard decision, but I really hope this won't be held against me for any reason or hurt my chances for things later in my career. Good luck to you guys.

I just declined Tufts :( It was such a hard decision, but I really hope this won't be held against me for any reason or hurt my chances for things later in my career. Good luck to you guys.

i'm sorry you won't be with us! :( But i'm super excited for you going all international on us!!! Keep us updated and represent Edinburgh here on SDN!!!

I just got an email saying they hadn't received my form, and they needed to know by the end of today one way or the other.

I had sent it, but replied again saying I won't be going. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone that this means they'll start meeting/sending out more stuff tomorrow!

:luck::luck:

<------- runs to check phone
<------- runs to see what doctor has ordered for patient
<------- runs to check phone
<------- repeat ad nauseum . . .