Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone having trouble getting the page to load? Everything else on my computer is functioning normally so I'm pretty sure it's not my computer. My chances of getting in were pretty slim and I'm going to my IS school, but I still would like to know!

I tried to re-log in for the 2nd time (to show my spouse the letter) about an hour ago and couldn't log in either so it is definitely not you. I think they got overwhelmed (or hacked by a disgruntled 'declined' recipient)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone having trouble getting the page to load? Everything else on my computer is functioning normally so I'm pretty sure it's not my computer. My chances of getting in were pretty slim and I'm going to my IS school, but I still would like to know!

I just got home from work and I can't log in at all. I have no intention of going to Tufts, I'm just curious to know if the interview went as well as I thought it did.

I finally got it to load! I got in! That's a surprise. Anyways, I'm turning it down for my IS school, so if you got wait listed, here's a seat!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in too!
I'll be declining as well, so that opens up one more seat for an alternate!

Congrats to you all who got accepted! As an alternate, can i politely ask that you let them know soon if you know you are declining. :oops: Its soooo hard to wait and see what happens. Being an alternate is frustrating....but at least its not a rejection.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm in! I can't believe it! My interview was so unbelievably awkward! I literally thought my interviewers hated me. Ahhhh I'm sooooo happy! I definitely want to go! Also, I hope I have classmates next year... everyone seems to be turning Tufts down. I guess it's looking good for the alternates! I'm sure a lot of people will hear really soon. Good luck to all of you, and especially Whyevernot... I can tell you were suffering/obsessing as much as I was having to wait.
:luck:

Tufts c/o 2014! :soexcited: Ahhh it feels so good to write it out!

I can relate as far as awkward interviews go! My interviewers spent more time talking to each other than to me! I felt like they weren't interested in me at all. As far as the alternates go, I will send them my letter declining asap because I know how hard it is to wait!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm in! I can't believe it! My interview was so unbelievably awkward! I literally thought my interviewers hated me. Ahhhh I'm sooooo happy! I definitely want to go! Also, I hope I have classmates next year... everyone seems to be turning Tufts down. I guess it's looking good for the alternates! I'm sure a lot of people will hear really soon. Good luck to all of you, and especially Whyevernot... I can tell you were suffering/obsessing as much as I was having to wait.
:luck:

Tufts c/o 2014! :soexcited: Ahhh it feels so good to write it out!

Yay, congrats! And thanks - we were both going pretty nuts. ;) Pizza, beer, and cupcakes pretty much fixed it for now.

Another alternate asking y'all to PLEASE send in your declined acceptances asap so I can stop freaking out! :laugh:

I can relate as far as awkward interviews go! My interviewers spent more time talking to each other than to me! I felt like they weren't interested in me at all.

In my interview I somehow got on the topic of the benefits of trophy hunting in Africa. My interviewer did research on the genetic consequences of hunting and deer immunocontraception. I thought he hated me after I said that! THEN later I confused elk and caribou, and they laughed a little. Agh, I was awful! I felt like they thought I was an idiot, but I guess they didn't!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted!

I was wondering if anyone knew how many people were selected as alternates in the past and also when alternates typically found out. I can't seem to find much information about it, I think maybe because not many get in?

On an entirely different note: I heard a rumor today that because of a loss of funding the admissions committee didn't have to fill the usual 50% of the class with MA residents. Has anyone heard anything about this?

That rumor might be true, I know that because Penn lost state funding they did not have to reserve so many seats for in state students. It may have been that way for Tufts as well. All they said to us was that they had definitely lost funding for this year from the state of MA and that because of that they didn't know if they would be able to offer the 15% discount they usually give to instate students. So basically those that were accepted instate would need to pay the oos tuition.

I got in!!! And definitely plan to go...

Anyone else trying for the DVM/MPH program?

Hey classmate!

I applied for the DVM/MPH too. Can't wait to hear back, but I know it will be a long wait. Good luck!

Congrats to everyone who got in! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got an email today from Tufts about immunizations. I have to say I got really excited thinking I was coming off the alternate list..then saw the immunization info. It was like a stab to the heart. I'm still getting over the news from yesterday.

Did the other alternates get the email? Did you also get super pee-your-pants excited?

Yup. Got the email as I was leaving my parasite lab this afternoon and I tripped DOWN the last five stairs. Concrete stairs. In front of at least 20 people. :claps:

On the plus side, my boss (who wrote one of my eLORS even though she has told me I am NEVER ALLOWED TO LEAVE) handed me $40 this morning and told me to go buy as much junk food as I wanted. So we had chips, cupcakes, pistachios, and a Giant Eagle chocolate sheet cake with balloons on it that said "Congratulations!" Because I like my sugar with a dash of irony. :love:

Congrats to all that got in! I was chosen as an alternate, which makes my decision to attend RVC that much easier. :D Good luck to Tufts c/o 2014!

It looks like the financial aid deadline is March 5th...are you all going to be able to make that deadline, especially those who just found out?

If we don't make the deadline, we don't get any loans?

Did you get accepted Chapelle?! For some reason I thought you posted you hadnt gotten in about a month ago.

You need to have all financial aid material post marked to them by today to be considered for any of their institutional funds (scholorships, fellowships, Tufts-based loans etc). You can still get federal stafford loans I believe if you don't get everything to them by today.

They told us all at the interview process to not wait until we found out to file our financial aid info with them so hopefully most people have already submitted all their forms/filled out fafsa etc

Yeah, the deadline is WAY early, but they warned us at the interviews to get your stuff ready way early. I sent mine in this week before I heard, just in case. Maybe that'll induce them to accept me off the alternate list! :laugh:

Congrats, everyone!
And hang in there, alternates! Lots of things can happen in the next few months; you'd be surprised. :oops:

Feel free to PM me as well....:)

Guppy, did you get in off the alternates list? Or know something we don't? ;)

Wish that I had some inside info....All I know is that, based on the past couple years' posts, lists can sometimes move quite a bit. I feel lucky to have been accepted without having been on a waitlist first, and I feel for those who still have to wait. I really hope that there's even more good news from waitlisters on here in the days & weeks to come!:love:

Hey all! Is anyone familiar with what the march 26th program is for admitted students and is anyone planning to attend? I'm based in California so not sure I can fly back til May but would like to know what the program is about to consider making the journey. :)

Looking forward to meeting Tufts class of 2014!! :thumbup:

Hey everyone!

I've been wanting to write on here for ages!!! I got in and was sooo pumped but my computer broke so I couldn't post!
All fixed and I can't wait to meet my classmates!!
Good luck to alternates, I hope to see you in August!

hey everyone, I just found this forum...I went to Tufts undergrad, I was accepted to the tufts vet school through the ED program 2 years ago and have been waiting to meet everyone from my class!! We should start a facebook group or something, you can find me at [email protected]. Congrats to everyone who was accepted!!

Yay future classmates! I just mailed my letter/deposit and made it official! :) I can't wait to start!

Anyone going to the event on March 26th? Especially those who have already decided they are going to Tufts for sure?

I have a track meet that weekend :( But please tell us how it goes!

Hey all! There's a facebook page now! :)

"Tufts Vet School Class of 2014"

Congrats all! Can't wait to meet you!

Received this e-mail today:

Please be advised that the Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine Financial Aid Office will begin emailing financial aid award notifications over the next 3 business days to applicants whose financial aid application was received in accordance with the application deadline.
The award notification will be sent in Word.doc format and will be password protected using the last four digits of your TCSVM student identification number, which was provided to you in an email sent on February 25, 2010. You will be required to enter the correct password to open the document.
If your application for institutional financial aid was incomplete or not received in accordance with the application deadline, you will receive information about your eligibility for student loans if we had enough information to complete the need analysis.

Sincerely,

TCSVM Financial Aid Office

Congrats guys. I know most of you aren't thinking about housing yet and the official housing site isn't up yet. However my roomate is graduating and I would like to fill her room sooner rather than later. No dogs allowed an additional cat would be fine.

If any of you are interested PM me your e-mail and I will send you more info and pictures.

Thanks!

Wasn't sure whether to bump this old thread or start a new one buuuuuut...

I'm a TCSVM '14 and was wondering if any guys were interested in finding an apt (I've been looking in Worcester, Westborough, Grafton, and Northborough). I'm trying to look for places daily and have found a few promising 2 and 3 bedroom apts and condos. If anyone is interested shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]