Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry to stress anyone out but....Ahhhhhh...are we going to hear something tomorrow? I hope I get the email...It's gonna be hard to sleep tonight. :eek:

I mean, not like last year's applicants heard the first Tuesday in March...

I couldn't sleep last night. I'm going to be INSANE today.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry I'm going insane too!

I would still have hope ponio. SDN stats probably don't represent the acceptance process very well since there were so few people. Also it looks like they change it up every year because two years ago some OOS people got "the letter".

Good luck everyone!:luck:

Good luck everybody!!!!!!!

I'll be in your all's shoes next year, but I'm still getting excited for you guys this time around :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ACK!! the suspense is killing me for y'all! Just reading this thread had my bp elevated and i didnt EVEN apply! GOOD LUCK :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Last year, they got the emails at 4:15pm on the 1st Tuesday in March, that status pages would be updated after 5pm.

...I'M NOT A STALKER I SWEAR.

waiting, waiting, patiently... (not so much!)

good luck everyone! :)

I got home from class around 3pm - so far I've checked the mail (three times), made cupcakes, did the dishes, and wiped down every flat surface in my kitchen.
I'm losing hope that we'll hear today...I'll have to find something else to bake tomorrow afternoon!

Just in case I checked the grad portal (again). Aren't we all tired of seeing this message?

"Your admissions decision will be found here when it is available"

I called. They aren't doing emails just letters...and they are sounding them out this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that they are updating the website after they send out the snail mail letters. I keep checking the website in hopes of a change...

Ha..let us know if it changes. I was surprised when the lady who anwsered told me it was via letters this year. I wonder why.

At least if it is a letter I know I'll be at home when I get the news. I had a friend open online notification during lab a couple years back and it was no fun when it wasn't good news... At the time I kept telling her to wait until she got home, but now that I'm in her shoes I'm sure I wouldn't be able to wait either. Ahhh! I checked my email compulsively all day. Of course it didn't help that my boss listed me as the contact on a mass email he sent out so my computer was dinging with new emails all day long... I think my heart may have stopped at one point :scared:.

Aggggghhh I was so ready for an e-mail when I got home! This waiting game is excruciating!

Oh man.....I feel your pain. The waiting's the worst.

Good luck, everyone!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Guppy, I know you feel our pain. Your posts from last year in the Tufts forum were by far the most entertaining to read :)

Any words of wisdom in this waiting game?

Clean your house, jog with your dog, clean your dog? I don't know--anything to keep your mind busy.

The day we were notified last year, I spent the morning in micro lab until I'd run out of things to plate, then I wandered around the mall for a while. That worked until I walked by an eyeglass shop that accepted Tufts medical insurance. Then I just about lost it. :eek:

Almost there, guys....hang in there as much as possible!

Has anyone started the rabies vaccinations? Tufts was the only school to send me a notification that I needed to start the vaccinations before starting classes - so in hopes of an acceptance, I am starting the process. I contacted my insurance and was surprised that they will cover 80% of the cost - at $250 a shot, that is great news! I have have Brown and Toland/HealthNet.

Just got the email!!! They'll be up today at 5PM EST!!!

Good luck everyone!!

I just found this in my inbox!!

Tufts Admission Decision‏
From: Vet Admissions ([email protected]) Sent:Wed 3/03/10 8:48 PMTo:
Greetings from the Office of Admissions,

The Admissions Committee has completed its deliberations for applicants
to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program for the fall 2010 entering
class. You can access the committee's admission decision on your
application online beginning today, March 3, 2010, after 5:00 pm EST at:

https://grad.admissions.tufts.edu/app/login.aspx

Please note, that you will need your username and password to log in.
Please contact us if you need your login information sent to you.

Best wishes,

Office of Admissions Staff
Tufts University
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine Now I will REALLY be checking the website every 5 minutes, justin case they upload early!!!

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod I'm going to be sick until 5pm.

I got it too! Sooo...why did they say only letters.

omg...i was definitely going to read for animal nutrition for the next hour until i got that email and now im a complete basket case!! this will be the longest hour or our lives...

just 47 more minutesssssssssssssssss!

sooo anxious!

Has anyone done the American Express Wishlist around the holidays? That's kind of what this feels like. LOL

I wonder why they are posting the decisions at 5pm? Probably so they can just *click* and then peace out before they get bombarded with calls. :p

40 minutes.....

I have to leave for class in 10 minutes....

Eff THAT. I skipped my evening class today.

So I've done the dishes (again), finished 2 loads of laundry including folding and putting them away which I NEVER do, and iced a batch of cupcakes. Which I am way too sick to eat. And all of 38 minutes have passed. Uuuugh.

I'm in! But seeing as how I just made an offer on a house in Ithaca today, I'll be declining...

Congrats and good luck to everyone!!

Fuuuuuuuu.

I'm an alternate. Please all feel free to decline your acceptances.

I'll be in my room, throwing things that break.

Last edited:
I'm in too! I loved, loved, LOVED Tufts, but will probably be going to Ohio because of the lower tuition. Urgh, I hate making decisions based on money. :(

annnnnnnnnnnd it's a yes!!!

now it's time for decisions, decisions, decisions!

congratulations everyone! :) :)

I'm also in!

Although it was strange they made me wait until now since I am an instate applicant...ohhh well.

Unfortunately, as much as I loved Tufts I will also be declining for Penn.

I wish I could smash UPenn and Tufts together and get my perfect school. (though I'm still wicked excited about penn!)

I'm an alternate. This makes my decision to go to Cornell that much easier. I was waiting to hear from Tufts anyway before officially sending in my acceptance letter, so now I'll just be that much more confident in my decision. But congrats to everyone who got into Tufts and GOOD LUCK to everyone else on the alternate list...I hope you get in!!!

Alternate. Man...now more waiting. I wonder how soon we alternates may know.

Nearly had a panic attack waiting for it to load, but IM IN~!!

IM IN!!! I love love loved Tufts, but I was told by a vet that the best decision of her life was chosing a school based on finances. Sounds terrible, but I would like to one day have kids and a house. Maybe a car. So, while I LOVED Tufts, I also loved Ohio, so I will be going there. thats one more person off the waitlist! :D

Yay! I got in!!! can't breathe! Third timer!!!!!!!! Congrats to all! :love:

I'm in too! I will probably be declining as well for Wisconsin's lower tuition (second Lalzi's sentiments about wanting kids, maybe a car someday). Don't freak all the way out yet alternates...just based on this forum it seems like a lot of spots will be opening up. I hope they do.
Congrats to all!

Congrats to all those who are in, and hang in there alternates! For all those who have any questions feel free to message me, i'll try to keep checking this topic, but may not get to it too much.

Congrats guys. Also feel free to PM questions to me.

I'm in! But I will definitely be turning the offer down for Cornell/Penn.

Anyone having trouble getting the page to load? Everything else on my computer is functioning normally so I'm pretty sure it's not my computer. My chances of getting in were pretty slim and I'm going to my IS school, but I still would like to know!