Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cattycat

WesternU CVM c/o 2014!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to scare anyone! :)
Anyone know when we are supposed to start hearing from them? I saw last year they started getting interview invites on 11/26!

Members don't see this ad.

Phew, you definitely scared me! :) I've been wondering the same thing and was definitely pouring over the c/o 2013 interview thread yesterday looking at dates. A friend of mine was invited for an early interview last year so I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping for the same this year (obviously!). I've been checking my tracking page every day in vain, but at least it seems like they have all of my materials!

They have all my material too so now its just waiting...

I'm also checking everything I can possibly check obsessively! I really hate this waiting part!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not positive but I think Tufts mails their interview invites but I still check the website everyday! Good luck everyone!

FYI....Last year the first invites went out the day before Thanksgiving. The first interview day this year has been scheduled for 12/21.

But please, if you don't hear anything soon, don't freak out as I did. I thought I was done for. I received an invite mid-January--when the bulk of them went out last year--and was accepted (i.e., not on the waitlist first).

I don't know why they started doing things this way--maybe it was rank, maybe it was random....Who knows? All I know is that there were others there on my interview day who are now my classmates, so it wasn't only December interviewees who got in.

I know that the waiting isn't fun.....

Good luck to you all!!!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

The first interview day this year has been scheduled for 12/21.

Thanks for this info!! It's good to know that IF by some crazy chance I'm lucky enough to get an early interview, it won't interfere with another interview I've already scheduled. Here's to positive thinking.... right? :rolleyes:

Just curious, since I've heard some conflicting information - were last year's invites sent via e-mail? Thanks again for the info and well wishes!

Judging by last year's thread on here, the December interviews were sent via e-mail. (I'm guessing because people had less time to make travel arrangements, especially if they were flying in.) I heard via snail-mail in January. I'm OOS, but not very far--just a 1 hr. car ride.

Hope this helps a bit--and I hope that there's great news on here very soon for all of you!:D

This just in from Tufts. I'm sure everyone else received this as well:

"We received nearly 700 applications for the 90 seats in the Class of 2014...
The committee’s first task is to select about 260 applicants who will be invited to interview. These interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 21, 2009 and February 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 2010. If you are selected to interview, you will receive a letter a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview. THIS INTERVIEW LETTER WILL ARRIVE VIA EMAIL FOR THE DECEMBER 21 DATE AND VIA U.S. MAIL FOR THE INTERVIEW DATES IN FEBRUARY."

Happy e-mail watching! :)

what a teasing e-mail...I kind of want them to NOT contact me unless it says "yes" or "no"...preferably yes. These little teasers actually hurt and make me realize how devoted to my blackberry I am

I got the Tufts email today as well! Exciting!:)

Just got an email - Interview Invite for Dec 21st!! So excited!

Wow, congratulations, absvet! That must feel wonderful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an invitation to interview on 12/21 too! :D Congrats absvet! Hope everyone else hears back soon!

I'm scared now. I hope they don't give me Dec 21st...I have jury duty that week. And I live in CA so I'd have to make (potentially very expensive) flight arrangements.

Agh! So nervewracking!

congratulations mad penguin and absvet! i live in cambridge, so lemme know if have any questions about boston!

Thanks for the help Minnerbelle, but I go to BU so I know our fair city of Boston quite well :D (I'm from New York, so that's why I'm OOS). I really do love Boston and it'll be a shame if I have to leave this place after I graduate! I do have a question though: do you know if the commuter rail to Grafton drops you off close to Tufts campus? I don't have a car up here, so it would be great if I could just hop the commuter rail over there (Sad as it is, I've never been to Tufts' vet campus...every year my pre vet society takes a trip to tour their facilities, but I always have an exam on that day, curses!) Even sadder: this year, my senior year, I just discovered that Tufts' Medford campus has a stop on the T.

I went to visit Tufts in May and the commuter rail is just across the street from the vet campus. I'm from RI (live in CA now) and I was super nostalgic when I saw how pretty the campus is :)

Congrats everyone on your interviews! How exciting! Do you guys think Tufts sent out all the interview invatations for the 21st yesturday?

at least two people on here have gotten invitations for 12/21!
Absvet and The Mad Penguin I know of off the top of my head..

I'm feeling kind of crappy because I didn't get an invitation for the early interview yesterday, but I had the early interview last year. Hmm. Do you guys think that is weird?

I think you have just as good a chance of getting accepted whether you have your interview on the first day or last day. Also, we don't know if Tufts sent out all the interview invites for the Dec. 21st interview yesturday. In the email they said that students will be notified a couple weeks ahead of time. Maybe they still have more to send. Don't feel crappy, we are all in the same boat here. :)

What is meant to happen will

Anyone else get Tufts email about vaccination requirements?

Its probably just a general email right? no need to read into it...?!

Anyone else get Tufts email about vaccination requirements?

Its probably just a general email right? no need to read into it...?!

I got it too, nor do I have an interview. Every time I get an e-mail from a school that is not an interview invite, I die a little on the inside.

haha yeah i don't have an interview invite either. I'm IS there so I probably have a little while before I hear from them.

Do you guys know if it's going be like at UPenn early interviews - will they tell the interviewees the verdict soon after?

No idea. They just started the december interview thing last year. You can check the acceptances thread from last year and see when people started getting acceptances. As far as housing if you still haven't heard I would try re contacting the coordinator. We got an e-mail a while ago about hosting.

Tufts tomorrow? 1. How are people navigating the blizzard (I'm driving). 2. Is everyone attending the faculty panel at 9?

Well, im driving up from Providence tomorrow, so I'm not sure if Ill make it there by 9 (depending on the traffic and all that...), but my interview is at 10 so i'll definitely be there by then! Good luck guys!

My interview is at 11:30 and I am driving from Hartford. I will probably miss the panel unless I want to wake up at 7. I think the extra two hours of sleep may serve me better :)

Sleep...always a good thing. Not sure if ill sleep well tonight, but im banking on a swimming pool full of coffee to make up for it!

Good luck all! I drove east out of grafton this morning and the roads weren't too bad. They should have it all cleaned up by tomorrow but if not just go slow Rt. 30 has lots of curves.

Best of luck to all!!!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Just relax--my interview last year was actually fun. Nothing to worry about at all! :)

Has anyone heard about the Feb interviews yet? I am starting to get VERY anxious about it, since we're just over a month away...

*fidgets*

To all those who interviewed today, I hope it went well!
Those of us still waiting would love any tidbits you have to share with us!

Again, hope it went well. Good luck!

To all those who interviewed today, I hope it went well!
Those of us still waiting would love any tidbits you have to share with us!

Again, hope it went well. Good luck!

You asked, and you shall receive! I got to say, for my first professional interview...it went great! Everyone there was so nice and supportive, it definitely made me feel more comfortable and helped to bring out my personality (especially in the interview!). I liked that Tufts paired me with someone in my field of interest. My main interest is conservation medicine, so I got paired with a zoology PhD who works in the conservation medicine department. I got to ask him questions on that spankin new MS in conservation medicine that Tufts is cooking up...I also got an equine internal medicine doc...not sure why I was paired up with her, but regardless she was really nice and genuinely interested in what I had to say.

There were no trick questions or gotcha! moments...it just felt like a conversation. My advice to everyone is to know your app well (and be prepared to talk a lot about it!), know all about Tufts and their unique programs/policies...and relax! Im sure you'll all do great! ;)

Has anyone heard about the Feb interviews yet? I am starting to get VERY anxious about it, since we're just over a month away...

*fidgets*

Start checking your mailbox in early-mid Jan.--last year, my invite came around the 12th, and that's typically when they seem to go out.

Good luck!:)

Hey. Does anyone know when we're supposed to hear back from the 12/21 interview? Of course, I'm incessantly checking my email all day.

Tufts definitely had a friendlier vibe; it was much easier for me to relax here than in UPenn, and I'm a pretty introverted person... one of my interviewers just treated it like a conversation, while the other had questions prepared, but in both cases they'd had really relatable experiences - in the former's case, he'd visited Taiwan before (which is where I used to live), and in the latter's case, he was from India (and I'd done a volunteer internship in India last summer) and I could feel like they did want me to succeed in the admissions process. The events of the day surrounding the interview were also very "we want you here!" (lots of informational presentations - and a whole day of them, rather than the 3 hours at UPenn!) and very friendly/casual. Everyone was so nice! When a few of us needed to catch the 4:40 train back to Boston, the receptionist called the head of campus police to drive us back to the station, which is apparently a common occurrence with students on campus too. I'm just sad that having to take the commuter rail meant I missed the faculty panels at 9 AM... the rail gets to North Grafton at 8 AM, 10 AM, and then nothing till around 1 PM.

No news yet! Just bumping up this thread! I have the next round marked down for 2/3-4 and 2/8-10. Hopefully we hear some good news soon!!!
:luck::luck::luck:

Anyone headed to the Feb interviews? I have heard absolutely nothing, so I'm hoping I'm not the only one.

Dear Tufts,
Please, please, PLEASE send out interview invites soon.
Love,
An anxious scheduler?

Dear Tufts,
Please, please, PLEASE send out interview invites soon.
Love,
An anxious scheduler?

Well, at least I'm not the only one on pins and needles. I suppose it's presumptuous to think I'm GETTING an interview invite, but I've got a 10 hour drive to plan for, thankyouverymuch.

I just got a letter in the mail yesterday from Tufts. Not a flat out rejection, but apparently they had a lot of qualified applicants (I would think that this happens...every year? but whatever) and not enough interview spots to get them all in. So my application was put on hold and they're supposed to contact me if an interview spot opens up. I'm glad I didn't get rejected, but at the same time I'm even more nervous because I work full time and if I get a call, I'm not sure I'd be able to switch days with another manager.