Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you there yesterday? I interviewed in the afternoon! If ONE MORE PERSON asks how my interview went I am going to start screaming - I mean I THINK it went well, but I was so nervous I couldn't think straight, and I spent the entire drive home agonizing over all the things I forgot to say. Ahhhhhhhh *dies* :scared:

Yup! I was there yesterday. Try not to think about it too much. We'll just have to play the waiting game. :)

Did you like Tufts?

Members don't see this ad.

Yup! I was there yesterday. Try not to think about it too much. We'll just have to play the waiting game. :)

Did you like Tufts?

Yup, it's my top choice. I love it there. Stacey (the red-headed girl who works in admissions) told me that after her interview, she didn't look at the website, visit SDN, or talk to ANYONE about it until she heard! I'm just not that strong-willed. :rolleyes:

I am not that strong-willed either. :oops:

They didn't say when we would hear back, did they?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, and I didn't ask, but Stacey said she heard in about 3-4 weeks. Like, 5 days before their financial aid app is due on March 5th. So I'm expecting the first week of March/last week of Feb. I'm trying as HARD as I can to be pessimistic about it so I'm not disappointed, you know?

I was planning on driving from NY to Tufts tomorrow morning for my interview (only a 2hr drive) but now I don't know what to do because of this lame snow! I didn't want to have to cancel the interview! Bah...I hate snow. Guess I'll have to leave earlier and just figure out if it's safe enough for me to drive. My little Civic doesn't handle too well in the snow.

Just wondering...are you from queens? If you are I may have met you today...

Just had my interview at Tufts (left right after so I could beat the snow home), and I love love love love LOVED it. Sooo nervous about when we hear though. I hope its soon!

Just had my interview at Tufts (left right after so I could beat the snow home), and I love love love love LOVED it. Sooo nervous about when we hear though. I hope its soon!

Just so you know, all the students I talked to said they heard 3-4 weeks afterwards. Like the last week of February. :xf::xf::xf:

I interviewed yesterday and I am going to be completely stupid until I hear something.

Sounds like things went well. Good luck with the wait and feel free to PM if you have questions.

Oh man I thought I was the only one with a bad interview. All everyone said is how great and easy it went! I was really nervous and I'm also not really a "warm" person when you meet me at first. Whyevernot: like you, I'm totally agonizing over the things I said/didn't say. I can't stop thinking that I may have blew it :( Also, it doesn't help that I completely fell in love with the school! The wildlife and international programs sound so great. Ahh! I hope they don't judge us too hard for being nervous!

Ok so I thought I'd be useful and look up when they heard last year:

Early acceptances heard by snail mail on Wednesday Feb. 25th.
Later acceptances heard by online status update on Tuesday March 3rd.

Someone also said in that thread that they'd heard on that first tuesday in March the past two years as well, so I guess it should be around Tuesday March 2nd for us!

So maybe only 20 more days!

I had my interview Monday and I also keep replaying the interview in my head, though I know it's not going to help now.

So what is the difference between early acceptance and later acceptances? Beside that one is earlier and one is later? :)

I thought that was weird too! It didn't really seem like there was much of a difference from reading the thread. All I can think of is maybe they really like the "early" candidates so they want them to feel more important. It seems kind of silly since the dates are so close together. Maybe a current student can enlighten us?

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, if you read last years acceptance list, the letters in late Feb. for acceptances were all IS, whereas the status page was for OOS...something to think about- and obsess over

Did everyone else get the email about the DVM/MPH dual degree program?

I got it. I thought it was because I listed MPH as an interest of mine when I went to the afternoon dual degree information session.

Did you get the post-interview survey too? It was longer than I expected.

I got it. I thought it was because I listed MPH as an interest of mine when I went to the afternoon dual degree information session.

Did you get the post-interview survey too? It was longer than I expected.

I did, but I def didn't put MPH on mine

yup I got the email as well.

I did not go to the dual degree info session nor did I list any interest in getting a MPH.

Probably something just sent to all applicants I'd guess :)

Last night, I had a dream that I got an acceptance letter in the mail and I cried and my whole life was sunshine and cupcakes and unicorns farting rainbows.
And then I woke up.

Anyone from the Feb interviews heard anything yet? I'm going to be on pins and needles all week and next!

:laugh: I emailed Patty last week and she said "very early March" and that they will tell us if they're going to post anything to our status pages.

Last night, I had a dream that I got an acceptance letter in the mail and I cried and my whole life was sunshine and cupcakes and unicorns farting rainbows.
And then I woke up.

Anyone from the Feb interviews heard anything yet? I'm going to be on pins and needles all week and next!

OMG! I had the same dream, but my dream had panda bears in tutus dancing piroettes and blowing bubbles as well...

I haven't heard a thing. Instead of studying for my classes I am checking my email and SDN every five minutes.

OMG! I had the same dream, but my dream had panda bears in tutus dancing piroettes and blowing bubbles as well...

I haven't heard a thing. Instead of studying for my classes I am checking my email and SDN every five minutes.

I'm playing a fun new game called "how often can you hit the reload button?" It involves reloading SDN and my email as much as possible while still managing to work and study! :laugh:

ooohhh. I play the reload game too. Playing right now in class.

:laugh: I emailed Patty last week and she said "very early March" and that they will tell us if they're going to post anything to our status pages.

I also spoke with Patty last week and she said that the committee was meeting this week starting on Monday.

Naw, I'd bet we start hearing next week.

Not that that's going to stop me from stalking my mailman. :xf::xf:

Did everyone still waiting from the Feb interviews receive an e-mail from the financial aid office with an id#? I assume it was sent to all interviewees but part of me is hoping that somehow I have been accepted, financial aid knows it, but they just haven't told me yet!

I know I shouldn't speculate, and I will find out next week, but it is too much fun not to!

I got it too. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think it might have been sent to everyone who sent them their financial aid info.

I got it too. They really need to stop sending me e-mails! I know they're important, but I freak out each time I see one pop up and it's killing me!

I got it too. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think it might have been sent to everyone who sent them their financial aid info.

I didnt actually send any financial info but I am sure that doesn't matter anyway.

Alternatively, maybe all of us got in:)! People NOT receiving the e-mail would be the only way to know I guess.

I didnt actually send any financial info but I am sure that doesn't matter anyway.

Alternatively, maybe all of us got in:)! People NOT receiving the e-mail would be the only way to know I guess.

Oh, I thought the Fafsa deadline already passed. lol. Well, I would be okay with all of us getting in. :D

Has anyone successfully logged into the SIS system?

I wont be going to Tufts.

I loved Tufts so much, but I cant justify the cost and the fact I would be in 40k extra debt over Ohio without interest rates.

Hopefully one of you guys will get my spot!

Obviously, I have no idea if I got in, but I won't be going to Tufts either. Too expensive, as Lalzi said, especially since I didn't love the school when I went for my interview. That's one less person to compete with for the rest of you!

Wow, I am so glad that people are different, 'cause I LOVED it!:love:

just got my acceptance letter! apparently they were feeling extra love for me and sent me my admission decision early. (they said the committee voted to admit a small group of applicants immediately)

i think as of now, csu still tops my list because of my birdies, but i'm going to make my visit out there next month... and if for some reason i find out i don't like it there, i think tufts will be where i'm going.

the thing i'm MOST happy about right now, is that i am officially done with this app cycle!!! :biglove:

g'luck to everyone who is still waiting!!! :luck:

I loved it too, but I'm not sure if I could justify paying the extra money.

Congrats Minnerbelle!

Last edited:
just got my acceptance letter! apparently they were feeling extra love for me and sent me my admission decision early. (they said the committee voted to admit a small group of applicants immediately)

i think as of now, csu still tops my list because of my birdies, but i'm going to make my visit out there next month... and if for some reason i find out i don't like it there, i think tufts will be where i'm going.

the thing i'm MOST happy about right now, is that i am officially done with this app cycle!!! :biglove:

Congratulations!!! although... you know... you've now gone and made everyone completely obsessed with their mailbox ;)

Haha yeah but now that you've actually got an acceptance letterin hand...well that just means it's time to seriously ramp up the stalking ;)

I went to check the mail directly after reading that minnerbelle got an acceptance. It was empty just like it was this afternoon. Booo:rolleyes:

Ohgodohgodohgodohgod.

My mailman hates me already...and of course we're having a blizzard at the moment, so the chances of ANYTHING arriving today are slim to none.

I believe Minnerbelle is IS for Tufts. For us OOS, we'll receive notification via the Tufts online portal. Well, that's how they did it last year, at least.

Congrats, minnerbelle!

I know 4 other people who got acceptances yesterday :thumbup:

I believe Minnerbelle is IS for Tufts. For us OOS, we'll receive notification via the Tufts online portal. Well, that's how they did it last year, at least.

Great, wearing out the mouse instead of wearing out the sneakers. At least checking the mail required a little exercise. BY posting this message, you are contributing to the spread of carpal tunnel syndrome sufferering amongst the c/o 2014.:laugh:

Great, wearing out the mouse instead of wearing out the sneakers. At least checking the mail required a little exercise. BY posting this message, you are contributing to the spread of carpal tunnel syndrome sufferering amongst the c/o 2014.:laugh:

My phone automatically refreshes. Yay for technology! :D

Just fyi, I just called the admissions office because I wanted to just ask them directly about notifications. So I guess a few might have been sent out early, but as for the rest of us:

The official line is that they will post it online around the time they send the letters out. They will sent us an email saying it's online if we want to see it, but that a hard copy is also on the way. And they haven't sent those letters out yet - they are thinking next week. So don't look online until they send an email because you'll drive youself crazy!

You do realize that this means I will be reloading my email obsessively starting at 8am on Monday, right?

I was just rereading the Tufts posts from last year and the year before. It was so exciting! They were all going so crazy with anticipation like we all are and they were pretty much counting down the minutes in the last hour! It's also funny to read it then see their updated names of where they actually ended up. Anyways, it looks like the "Acceptances" got an e-mail on the first Tuesday of March at around 4:15 pm eastern time that told them to check their status after 5pm. BUT the "Alternates" didn't get their e-mail until THE NEXT DAY!! Ahhh! Another thing to obsess/stress about! I didn't see anything about rejections.

I'm sorry to stress anyone out but....Ahhhhhh...are we going to hear something tomorrow? I hope I get the email...It's gonna be hard to sleep tonight. :eek:

Does anyone know if all the IS acceptances are sent out in that first round? For those of us who are IS and haven't heard yet is this the end of the line? I'm really hoping not but looking at last years stats it kind of looks that way. Hopefully I am over-analyzing (or maybe misreading)...:(