Tuition reimbursement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Natatiap

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work for a hospital in Virginia and they offer tuition reimbursement for graduate programs. For part-time employees you must work there a year to qualify and full-time employees work for 6 months. My problem is I am a part-time employee and my year mark is 4 days after I start at vcom. I looked on their website and their are no full time positions that I am qualified for. After I graduate medical school I would have to come back there to work for a length of time. Are all hospital tuition assistance programs set up the same way where I would have to work there prior to entering medical school??

Members don't see this ad.

are you sure the tuition reimbursement program is for medical school?

i know at hospitals near me (in NJ), they are mainly for nursing programs. inquire at the hospital. contact whoever is in charge of the tuition reimbursement program. maybe they will make an acception for you, especially since you are attending school in virginia as well!

:luck:

I work for a hospital in Virginia and they offer tuition reimbursement for graduate programs. For part-time employees you must work there a year to qualify and full-time employees work for 6 months. My problem is I am a part-time employee and my year mark is 4 days after I start at vcom. I looked on their website and their are no full time positions that I am qualified for. After I graduate medical school I would have to come back there to work for a length of time. Are all hospital tuition assistance programs set up the same way where I would have to work there prior to entering medical school??

There is no hospital that will pay for your medical school. You have to be joking. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I work for Riverside Hospital in Virginia and I spoke to the director of the program. I asked specifically about medical school and she said they offer it for any graduate program as long as you meet the qualifications and come back to work for them. They pay for the tuition part of your education for up to a certain amount. When I went to the interview day at vcom they said some of their students are under these types of programs and some hospitals in the area offer it but they had no more information about it. A lot of people dont know about it.....because they dont ask.

natatia,

then i think you answered your own question. you need speak further with that director. i think if you are a good employee, and the year mark is FOUR DAYS after you start vcom, they'd be willing to make it work for you. how long will you be expected to work for that hospital? are there any residency options?

it sounds like a good deal, especially if you want to stay in virginia.

i know for a fact hospitals by me do not offer those kinds of deals, so you're lucky if you have the option to!

:luck:
sasha

and one other thing.

myleghurts, why are you on here? are you actually applying DO? you never have anything educational/informative or even nice to say!

oh boo dr max! i want to know what you said! haha. PM me!! ;)