Tulane "acceptable range" aka waitlisted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loserman

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got a letter from Tulane saying I'm in their acceptable range, is this a nice way of saying that I've been waitlisted? Or are they saying that my file has moved on to the next stage for screening? Anybody else with this letter in the mail?

Members don't see this ad.

i think it's in between a waitlist and an acceptance. i remember reading something about the process in one of the flyers tulane gave out during th interview (can't seem to find the flyer). basically, i think u get added to the acceptable pool and get reevaluated during subsequent meetings. when did u interview?

I interviewed 9/16, and when I got this letter I was devastated. They were my top choice besides my state school. I want it to mean that I would be reevaluated at a later meeting but maybe I'm puttting my own bais into the letters meaning.

Members don't see this ad :)
qac, same thing happened to me and I talked to my pre-med advisor (at Tulane) and she said there is a very high possibility of being accepted because you will be accepted because of being placed on an early waitlist. acceptable range =s waitlisted, but there is such a thing as an early waitlist which is different than a later waitlist. I know Tulane takes A LOT of people off of its waitlist, so your chances are very high. IF they are a top choice for you, let them know that, they like to feel loved. from the feedback I received while there I was more than a little shocked at the waitlist, I feel your pain.

I was hoping it didn't mean that, that sucks to interview so early and be waitlisted. Well I better send them a good love letter telling them if they were mine what I would do for them and how much I would love them like no other would.

my thoughts exactly. pm me if you have anymore questions, but keep the hope alive, they take a large portion of their class from the waitlist.

I interviewed there last year and the "acceptable range" list is the wait list. I was subsequently put on that list after interviewing and they put a lot of students on their waitlist and pull between 50-75 off of that list every year. Last year I called and they told me that they had about 300 applicants on the list so the chances of being pulled off of the list are pretty slim and you have to wait until after May 15 and then they can let you know until the first day of class. It sucks, I know. One thing to do is to keep in contact with them and let Dr. Pisano know that Tulane is your top choice and you can even email him asking questions about the waitlist and then throwing in how much you love the school. They want students who really want to go to Tulane. Keep on trying and if you show sincere interest in the school your chances of getting in are better. Even though they say they don't rank their waitlist, they in effect really do by giving you a committee rating. They usually accept those students with the highest rankings. There still is hope but just be prepared to wait a realy long time. I hope this sheds some light on the Tualen "acceptance range" list.:)

Originally posted by seaworthc
qac, same thing happened to me and I talked to my pre-med advisor (at Tulane) and she said there is a very high possibility of being accepted because you will be accepted because of being placed on an early waitlist. acceptable range =s waitlisted, but there is such a thing as an early waitlist which is different than a later waitlist. I know Tulane takes A LOT of people off of its waitlist, so your chances are very high. IF they are a top choice for you, let them know that, they like to feel loved. from the feedback I received while there I was more than a little shocked at the waitlist, I feel your pain.

I was also bummed when I got the letter because i had received great feedback when I was there. I guess it was a reality check, right? :(

Originally posted by Bounty
I was also bummed when I got the letter because i had received great feedback when I was there. I guess it was a reality check, right? :(
lets put it this way, I'm looking forward to the day when I can withdraw my application with anticipation. I don't think I would have much respect for Pisano if I went there. its like a guy saying he'll take you to the prom if his number 1 choice turns him down. don't get me wrong, I'd be happy being waitlisted at other schools, but not at Tulane after the way I found myself there.

I'd be happy being waitlisted at other schools, but not at Tulane after the way I found myself there.

what do you mean by "the way I found myself there?" sorry if you had a poopy experience. :( but the prom date was a good analogy. :)

Originally posted by GoodMonkey
what do you mean by "the way I found myself there?" sorry if you had a poopy experience. :( but the prom date was a good analogy. :)
I meant that from what they told me, the waitlist was a shock.

Did you see my reference to waiting for schools to call you is like waiting for a boy you really like to call and as time ticks by, your stomach starts to sink?

I meant that from what they told me, the waitlist was a shock.

Did you see my reference to waiting for schools to call you is like waiting for a boy you really like to call and as time ticks by, your stomach starts to sink?
Word um up, my student interview said not to worry about a thing people who interview this early shouldn't have a problem. Dr. Pisano interviewed me and said he was impressed with my mcat. So for sure I thought I was gonna get sum luvin, but I just got c0ck teased, and now a can get booty from them until May.

maybe i'm a bit slow, but what was so shocking about the waitlist? too many people get off that list? i thought i did pretty well at my interview too. still waiting for the results. i guess if we all thought we did well, then our interview performance would only be relative. one of my interviewers starting complmenting me about my ec's as if he'd accept me right on the spot or something. after reading everyone else's posts, i think its just something that happens at tulane--the interviewers will try to boost your record/complement u through your what appears to be the best part of application. however, if they don't end up accepting u, that'd just make u feel worse.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Yogi Bear
i think its just something that happens at tulane--the interviewers will try to boost your record/complement u through your what appears to be the best part of application. however, if they don't end up accepting u, that'd just make u feel worse.
I guess this a good warning for those who have yet to interview at Tulane. Don't take anything they say too seriously. I think it has a lot to do with New Orlean's standard business operations, things are shady down here, but the city is tons of fun.

Good luck Yogi. :)

nope, i missed that reference, but DANG is that a crappy feeling.

on another note, i interviewed 10/9 at tulane and haven't heard a peep from them - no "acceptance range," no acceptance, no shaft. ah well. the waiting game goes on until march, man. i'm just settling in for the long haul. two of my way-excited-about schools won't notify me of my post-interview decision till late feb/early march. alas. :rolleyes:

on another note, i interviewed 10/9 at tulane and haven't heard a peep from them - no "acceptance range," no acceptance, no shaft.
Yeah, I'm from Texas and have to wait till 2/1 for those decisions, so I understand your pain.

As for Tulane, I also interviewed on a Wednesday and they sent out a decision exactly two weeks later. You should probably be getting a letter from them between Friday and Monday. Good luck!

Has anyone gotten into Tulane on this board who isn't EDP?

nope, i missed that reference, but DANG is that a crappy feeling.

on another note, i interviewed 10/9 at tulane and haven't heard a peep from them - no "acceptance range," no acceptance, no shaft. ah well. the waiting game goes on until march, man. i'm just settling in for the long haul. two of my way-excited-about schools won't notify me of my post-interview decision till late feb/early march. alas. :rolleyes:

give them a call. the secretary said i was on their waitlist...arghhhh. :mad:

I think they have a thing against those who post on SDN. Happy "stalking Pisano for a spot" y'all!

Originally posted by Yogi Bear
give them a call. the secretary said i was on their waitlist...arghhhh. :mad:
Do ya feel my pain dog, man they do dat ish to everybody. Stroke you to get all excited, and when ya wanna bust a nut, they just won't let you get in. Dam c0ck tease, just don't turn me on to begin wit. Did anybody get accepted there yet who isn't EDP?

someone got in.......

As for Tulane, I also interviewed on a Wednesday and they sent out a decision exactly two weeks later. You should probably be getting a letter from them between Friday and Monday. Good luck!

ah yes, the letter came today. acceptance range it is. i withdrew my app from consideration today, however, due to a different school's acceptance.

hey all, I interviewed on the 16th and just got in today. i am really juiced. Sorry to hear for the acceptance range thing. I believe that the waitlist will move for you all....so hang in there

Best of Luck,
WISC-ite

wow, couldn't believe what I heard this weekend. someone my year at Tulane interviewed with the dean and he told her she would be getting in. two weeks later she was mailed her acceptable range letter. maybe he meant she would get in off the waitlist, but geeze. New Orleans is so slimy. she called up his secretary and made a huge stink. 2 days later she got a letter saying she was in, but still........

my friend says I need to schedule an appointment with the guy and go do a little brown nosing, don't know if I can swallow my pride like that. :D