Tulane ACP housing / living costs

Started by red73
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

On the top 11 alternate list as well, but i'm worried about delaying my amcas app further (at the risk of not being accepted to Tulane). I want to add the curriculum of whichever program I attend, either ACP or UCincy smp, as info to my app. Any suggestions on how long to wait?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the top 11 alternate list as well, but i'm worried about delaying my amcas app further (at the risk of not being accepted to Tulane). I want to add the curriculum of whichever program I attend, either ACP or UCincy smp, as info to my app. Any suggestions on how long to wait?

I think that Tulane could give you a call any day between now and orientation on August 3. I'm sorry, I know that's not helpful. Tulane does take over half the class from the waitlist, so you have a good shot.

You do need to get your amcas app in ASAP. If you want to wait until you hear from Tulane, then maybe just submit your app and after you have picked a SMP update schools with that information. I would just hate for you to commit to Cincy in your amcas then get off the other waitlists. If you have visited Cincy and loved it though, then go for it.
 
On the top 11 alternate list as well, but i'm worried about delaying my amcas app further (at the risk of not being accepted to Tulane). I want to add the curriculum of whichever program I attend, either ACP or UCincy smp, as info to my app. Any suggestions on how long to wait?

I think that Tulane could give you a call any day between now and orientation on August 3. I'm sorry, I know that's not helpful. Tulane does take over half the class from the waitlist, so you have a good shot.

You do need to get your amcas app in ASAP. If you want to wait until you hear from Tulane, then maybe just submit your app and after you have picked a SMP update schools with that information. I would just hate for you to commit to Cincy in your amcas then get off the other waitlists. If you have visited Cincy and loved it though, then go for it.

I just got in! 👍

that was the same thing I was worried about, committing to Cincy and getting into Tulane, or committing to Tulane and getting rejected. Time to submit AMCAS :luck:
 
How's the housing situation going for you guys? I may just settle on Demming for now, considering how convenient it is.
 
I can't believe it! I just got accepted off of the alternate list! What loans are you guys applying to and how's your housing/ health insurance situation?
 
For the Tulane ACP program did any of you know you couldn't get into an MD School and so just apply DO, get wait listed and then go to Tulane and get an MD?

Or does Tulane require you to submit through AMCAS before they consider you?

Thanks everyone!!!! I don't think I could get a wait list with my numbers at an MD school and want to be on the safe side.
 
Im pretty sure ACP accepts both the AMCAS and AACOMAS applications, as well as a MD and DO waitlist letter.

The ACP description says students have the time to take classes at other schools during the spring semester. Are any of the current ACPers doing this? And at what schools?
 
I think they just take Histology and Neuroscience/Neuroanatomy in the Spring........smart move considering if you do get accepted to TUSOM, you wont have to take those courses again during your First year.
 
I think they just take Histology and Neuroscience/Neuroanatomy in the Spring........smart move considering if you do get accepted to TUSOM, you wont have to take those courses again during your First year.

That's a pretty light schedule. I read somewhere that some ACPers start their MPHs in the spring semester. I was wondering if starting a degree, such as a MBA, would be possible in the spring.