tulane interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the deal with the postcard they send you to confirm your interview. do you have to both call and send it in or just send it in? it is a little confusing b/c on the bottom it says that interviews cannot be guaranteed if invitation is not confirmed and there is a place for "i confirm the following date scheduled by telephone". is this for if you want to reschedule the date? it seems like i just have to send in that i confirm the date they gave me, but any clarification would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

my understanding was, if you called to change the date of your interview, you check off the box that says 'confirmed on the phone', and if you were cool with the date they gave you, just mark that you accept the date. hope this helps!

ok.. that's what i thought, but i wanted to make sure. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
How were you first informed of your interview invite? The website says they send invites through Feb. 15...it is now Feb. 14 and I have not heard anything, just sitting here with my fingers crossed.
Lola, how late is your interview date (if you don't mind me asking)? I am just wondering how late in this nutty process they are scheduling them.

jmd,
i got the interview invite via snail mail, so there's probably still time! maybe you should e-mail dr. pisano a letter of interest if you haven't done so yet? it couldn't hurt. my invite was sent at the end of january, and the requested interview date is march 21st. i'm pretty sure it's for the waitlist, but i'm going to go even if i'm in elsewhere, because it sounds like a great program! good luck, jmd :) i hope you get into pitt!

Thanks Lola. Yeah, Pitt would be nice, but I would REALLY love the opportunity to interview at Tulane... I think the program sounds great, and I am yearning for warm weather after the winter we have had here in Buffalo :cool: !!! Best of luck w/ your interview.

tulane was awesome...i will hear from them next wednesday...hopefully its good news since i've only had positive reviews from all my interviewers...

lola...good luck with this one...i think you'll love it, if you like to have fun as much as study. its definitely work hard play hard school.

Hey lola,

I just got back from there. One of the deans told me that the class has already been filled. You will most likely get an 'acceptable range' letter...but have hope! That dean told me that plenty of people are accepted out of that range and that you just have to show lots of interest. I really liked the school. Good luck, the interviews were very relaxed.

manic maven, when did you interview?

February 6th...did I meet you?

i interviewed feb 10th...did you get placed on the waiting list (acceptance range)? That sucks if they call me to tell me that the class was full so even though we really want you...theres no room. dah!

my first choice and i was soooo hopeful

jk

johnstoner,

I haven't gotten the acceptable range letter yet, but the assistant dean led me to believe that's all that's coming out right now. Don't stress too much, we still have a great shot. Be sure to write Dr. Pisano with a letter of intent (if you would truly drop everything to be there) soon soon. The dean said that they want you to keep them updated, so keep dropping them lines. She also said to email Dean Pisano every month just to keep your name fresh in his mind.

so you think that i should send them a letter of intent now or when i get news on wednesday about if i got in or not?

I seriously just started making plans to attend tulane anyhow with my parent...having myself such high hopes. what do you guys think? I def. am not planning to interview anymore and tulane is my top choice from the schools that i interviewed so far.

I say send it now. You can look eager and get your bid in early.