tulane interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinkerbelle

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI guys,

I know the letter says interviews last until mid afternoon- but does anyone know around what time that really is? 3ish? I'm trying to book a flight & I'm not sure how to schedule things.

P.S. Why the heck is it soooo expensive to fly to New Orleans??

Members don't see this ad.

did you try southwest airlines?

tinkerbelle said:
HI guys,

I know the letter says interviews last until mid afternoon- but does anyone know around what time that really is? 3ish? I'm trying to book a flight & I'm not sure how to schedule things.

P.S. Why the heck is it soooo expensive to fly to New Orleans??

Play it safe, book your flight for 7:00 or later. For my other interviews, the day tends to be over by 4:00-ish, so I'm assuming it would be the same at Tulane.

Members don't see this ad :)
Darn. The only flight I can get out of New Orleans is at 5:45 pm. I'd have to leave the Tulane interview by 3pm at the absolute latest. Do you really think we need to stay till 4pm? ARGH.

And thanks for the suggestion Munchkin. But Southwest Airlies is *actually* more expensive than the other airlies I was looking at.

Maybe I'll find a million dollars lying on the sidewalk tomorrow. It would reallllly help just about now.

I think I read some interview feedback saying that the interviews finish at ~2:00.

You can always call them up. I'm sure they aren't trying to keep the schedule a secret.

Also, look at Frontier Airlines. I found a round trip ticket in Oct. for 200 bucks :thumbup:.

Is that the northwest flight? Seems like I'm taking it all the time. It usually takes roughly 30 mins to get to the airport, so I wouldn't see a problem with leaving at 3.30. I'm trying to remember....I'm pretty sure that the interviews didnt last all afternoon. I'd suggest to let the office know that you need to leave by 3.30, so that they make sure and schedule you an early interview. It shouldn't be a problem. Also, If you have any questions about Tulane, I'd be happy to answer.

When I called to reschedule my interview, the lady said the interview day ends around 2:30pm so a flight leaving at 5:45 should be fine.

Thanks for all the advice/info! I really appreciate it :)

tinkerbelle said:
Thanks for all the advice/info! I really appreciate it :)

When we called, the admissions lady said to just mention that your flight leaves at 5:45 so if the day extends a bit longer they are aware of the time constraints.

And yes, those tickets were pretty expensive.

katnapper said:
When we called, the admissions lady said to just mention that your flight leaves at 5:45 so if the day extends a bit longer they are aware of the time constraints.

And yes, those tickets were pretty expensive.
Whaddya mean, expensive? I got mine from Seattle through Frontier Airlines for $210. Not bad, imo.

Just a suggestion from an NO native. You can get the airport in 30 minutes without traffic. Remember you will be leaving downtown at just before rush hour. Leave yourself at least an hour to get to the airport and know at least one alternate route before you leave. Traffic on I-10 and airline highway can get VERY ugly.

Good luck with your interviews or see ya on 10/14! :thumbup:

Stay that night and have a post interview party on Bourbon or uptown