Tulane University c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey just wondering where you guys are all living? Do a lot of med students live in Metairie/Lakeview area? Seems cheapest there.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey just wondering where you guys are all living? Do a lot of med students live in Metairie/Lakeview area? Seems cheapest there.

My roommate and I are living Uptown. We also looked at some places in the LGD.

The suburbs (Metairie, Lakeview, Kenner) probably are cheaper, but they aren't terribly close as compared to other areas. The hotel I stayed at while apartment hunting was in Kenner, and it took me about 20 minutes to get to school from there. Obviously this isn't an epic commute by any means, but between the distance and the fact that relatively few students live out there, I'd imagine one would feel fairly removed.

If you have not secured housing yet, I would recommend actually being in the city. It's just a neat place to be, and you can find something very affordable if you look hard enough.

Hi FYI, the GCRC is now the CTRC (Clinical Translational Research Center), and although it is part of Tulane, the inpatient ward is actually at University Medical Center (LSU).

My roommate and I are living Uptown. We also looked at some places in the LGD.

The suburbs (Metairie, Lakeview, Kenner) probably are cheaper, but they aren't terribly close as compared to other areas. The hotel I stayed at while apartment hunting was in Kenner, and it took me about 20 minutes to get to school from there. Obviously this isn't an epic commute by any means, but between the distance and the fact that relatively few students live out there, I'd imagine one would feel fairly removed.

If you have not secured housing yet, I would recommend actually being in the city. It's just a neat place to be, and you can find something very affordable if you look hard enough.

Random recommendation is midcity. Very close to tulane and the downtown hospitals and to the I-10. Similar vibe to uptown but without the undergrad vibe. I lived uptown for undergrad and much prefer out neighbors in midcity. Its a 10 minute drive to school in the morning :)