TUNCOM vs AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some guidance as I have till Feb 28 to decide between Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine and Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine at Midwestern University. I was fortunate to visit both campuses and felt very comfortable at each, which makes this a challenging but exciting decision. For some background, I am an OOS from the west coast.

Given my clear goal of pursuing a "more competitive" or surgical residency to be specific, I want to be strategic about choosing the program that will best position me for competitiveness in that field.

Here’s how I’m currently thinking about the comparison:
TUNCOM
• Smaller class size
• Pass/fail preclinical curriculum
• Clinical rotations primarily centered in Nevada

AZCOM
• Larger class size
• Graded curriculum with frequent exams
• Broad clinical network in Arizona?
• Possibly more structured performance differentiation

Can anyone provide any further insights or specifics. This can be regarding each school's culture and/or quality of clinical rotations, as well as anything else that I may bat an eye to.

Thanks for your help!