Tuskegee 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ainz-Rodriguez

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is any one applying here? I have found that they make it very difficult by wanting everything on paper. Is it ok to request official transcripts to be sent to me and then I send them all together by certified mail?

Members don't see this ad.

Is any one applying here? I have found that they make it very difficult by wanting everything on paper. Is it ok to request official transcripts to be sent to me and then I send them all together by certified mail?
Call the school. Do it Tuesday early in the day. You’re getting really close to the deadline and they may require them to be in their hands on the day vmcas closes. Some schools can take a a couple days to even send the transcripts out and then it takes a few days for them to arrive in the mail, so you may not even have time to have them sent to you and then to the college.
I didn’t apply to Tuskegee, but there usually aren’t a ton of active Tuskegee applicants on SDN. Your best bet is to call the college Tuesday and then you’ll get an OFFICIAL answer.

Call the school. Do it Tuesday early in the day. You’re getting really close to the deadline and they may require them to be in their hands on the day vmcas closes. Some schools can take a a couple days to even send the transcripts out and then it takes a few days for them to arrive in the mail, so you may not even have time to have them sent to you and then to the college.
I didn’t apply to Tuskegee, but there usually aren’t a ton of active Tuskegee applicants on SDN. Your best bet is to call the college Tuesday and then you’ll get an OFFICIAL answer.

Thanks I was unaware they wanted a physical copy for themselves. I wish they didn't make things so difflcult

Members don't see this ad :)
Tuskegee came to our school and talked and she said they usually are fine receiving gre scores by early October so I’m assuming transcripts would be fine too. I can’t remember if anyone asked during her presentation about transcripts specifically. But definitely listen to Ski and call if you haven’t already.

I was wondering the same thing. Did you by chance call the school? If so, do we need to send out transcripts in by mail to them or not?

I was wondering the same thing. Did you by chance call the school? If so, do we need to send out transcripts in by mail to them or not?

I Called the school and spoke with Ebony Turk we were supposed to send them by mail to the school as well. I have to call back tomorrow to see if they received everything.

Hi guys! I am currently a 1st yr vet student at Tuskegee. I just went through the same process you're going through now, last year. Let me know if you guys have any questions. Glad to help :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! I am currently a 1st yr vet student at Tuskegee. I just went through the same process you're going through now, last year. Let me know if you guys have any questions. Glad to help :)

I have tons of questions could you pm me?

Hey everybody!

Just wanted to hop into this thread. FYI, Ms. Turk told me that interview invites should go out late October-early November!

Hi!
I read the forum that you were on while you all were going through the admissions process.

How is vet school? How are you liking TUCVM?

Good morning!

Just got an update from Turk saying that interview invites will be sent mid December instead of the late October-early November she initially told me.

Just an FYI!

Good morning!

Just got an update from Turk saying that interview invites will be sent mid December instead of the late October-early November she initially told me.

Just an FYI!

Why am I not surprised it will either be a nice Christmas gift or not lol

Why am I not surprised it will either be a nice Christmas gift or not lol

Lmao right! I applied to CSU as well and they told us to expect interview invites at the end of December right before the holiday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all!

I just emailed Turk and asked her the status of the interview invites/denial letters and she said, “Letters have not been sent out as of today but you should be receiving notification within the next week.”

Hi!
I read the forum that you were on while you all were going through the admissions process.

How is vet school? How are you liking TUCVM?

Hey! sorry for the late response. But vet school is definitely a journey to say the least. When people tell you its hard, its definitely that! Be prepared for basically teaching yourself majority of the info. And believe me, it is a TON of info. Its nothing but constant studying. Its nothing like undergrad! Its a whole different ball game. But I absolutely love my TUCVM family. my classmates are now friends/family that ill have for life now. Its so far the hardest thing ive done in my life but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Good luck on interviews!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview invite!!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! And my last name starts with an "s"

Just got mine today too! Really nervous on preparing for the interview portion though

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I’m still hopeful!!

I just wonder how they send out invites. Like are they in waves...

That I'm not sure actually. This is my second time applying here and I didn't hear until January my first time so I have no clue how they choose

Just got mine today too! Really nervous on preparing for the interview portion though

Congrats!! & I think they posted some interview insight on last year’s forum!

Congrats!! & I think they posted some interview insight on last year’s forum!

I saw them mention them using a "euthanasia" question, but that's all I saw!

I saw them mention them using a "euthanasia" question, but that's all I saw!

Hmmm for some reason I thought I seen more!

Have you interviewed anywhere else or is this your first interview?

Has anyone who received an interview been contacted yet by admissions to confirm their date and time?

I haven’t received an interview just yet but I have a friend who has and she was contacted yesterday to confirm her date and time....

This will be my first one!

Oh okay, I think good things to make sure you are prepared to answer are (based off of the 2 interviews I’ve had this cycle):

1. Why do you want to be a veterinarian?
2. What are your academic strengths/weaknesses?
3. What are your personal strengths/weaknesses?
4. Why TUCVM? (Know some history of the school & why it’s important to you)
5. How will you pay for vet school?
6. Do you feel you performed to the best of your ability in undergrad? Why or why not?
7. Future goals in vet met?
8. Thoughts on euthanasia?

I also heard that Skegee asks scenario type of questions...like “what would you do if” questions...

Hopefully someone who has interviewed with them in the past cycles can help with more specific questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there! I was wondering if I could ask you questions regarding Tuskegee's interview process. I just got an interview email!!

Hi there! I was wondering if I could ask you questions regarding Tuskegee's interview process. I just got an interview email!!

Congrats!

You got an interview email today?

Last edited:
Sure! What do you wanna know lol

Sure! What do you wanna know lol
I have a few questions lol
1. How many people interview you?
2. What types of questions do they ask? For example, is there any about the history of the school and what you already know about vet med? Or is it more about just getting to know you?
3. Do you feel like after your first semester that you made the right choice by choosing Tuskegee?

I received my interview invite on December 14 and confirmed my interview date on December 17.
Did you just choose your interview date or did admissions actually reached out to you and confirm it? Because I chose my day 2 weeks ago and have not heard from admissions

Did you just choose your interview date or did admissions actually reached out to you and confirm it? Because I chose my day 2 weeks ago and have not heard from admissions
I chose my date and heard back from admissions a few days later.

I have a few questions lol
1. How many people interview you?
2. What types of questions do they ask? For example, is there any about the history of the school and what you already know about vet med? Or is it more about just getting to know you?
3. Do you feel like after your first semester that you made the right choice by choosing Tuskegee?

1. Only 2 people interviewed me. One professor has all our records and information about you. The other doesn't know anything about you.
2. I got a lot of situational questions like "what would you do if...?". I got a few questions about my undergrad grades and GRE scores. Nothing about history of the school or my knowledge of vet med. the very beginning of my interview they just asked me to tell them about myself. It was extremely laid back and was just like having a regular conversation.
3. I knew before classes even started I made the right choice. Between TOLE and orientation, you really get to know everyone and it truly becomes a second family.

1. Only 2 people interviewed me. One professor has all our records and information about you. The other doesn't know anything about you.
2. I got a lot of situational questions like "what would you do if...?". I got a few questions about my undergrad grades and GRE scores. Nothing about history of the school or my knowledge of vet med. the very beginning of my interview they just asked me to tell them about myself. It was extremely laid back and was just like having a regular conversation.
3. I knew before classes even started I made the right choice. Between TOLE and orientation, you really get to know everyone and it truly becomes a second family.
Thank you for your response! Do you have any other tips?

Hey everyone! I can't believe interviews start next week! Will anyone on here be there this Tuesday?

Good luck everyone on their interviews next week! I’ll be assisting on Tuesday and Friday. Maybe I’ll see some of you there.

Good luck everyone on their interviews next week! I’ll be assisting on Tuesday and Friday. Maybe I’ll see some of you there.
Awesome! I'll be there tomorrow at 9:00!