Tuskegee c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The deposit and commitment letter had to be postmarked by the 18th, so my guess is really soon.
Fingers crossed for good news for all of us SDNers on the wait list!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone that made it as an alternate or as a SERP invite. Thing change over the summer--one person in my class ended up getting off the waitlist three days before class started.

SERP may seem like a long shot, but if you can study hard for a few months, you have a chance. It also puts you at a great advantage if you do get accepted. I recall everyone that participated in SERP over the summer did fantastic on the first two anatomy tests and were able to focus more on other classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed Amy over the weekend. Basically we have no idea of our place on the waitlist or how many are on the waitlist. She also said we could hear from them as late as August 19th.

Chin up guys! No news is not necessarily a bad thing.

I emailed Amy over the weekend. Basically we have no idea of our place on the waitlist or how many are on the waitlist. She also said we could hear from them as late as August 19th.

Chin up guys! No news is not necessarily a bad thing.
Yea that's all the info I could get out of her, too.

dwood - I got an email. Said the official letter will arrive soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for y'all too! I NEVER thought I would achieve my dream but now I can! :cryi:

This makes a really $%^% month okay. I lost my African Grey parrot (ZUMA) earlier this month and it has sucked beyond belief since then.

Reactions: 1 users
dwood - I got an email. Said the official letter will arrive soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for y'all too! I NEVER thought I would achieve my dream but now I can! :cryi:

This makes a really $%^% month okay. I lost my African Grey parrot (ZUMA) earlier this month and it has sucked beyond belief since then.
Congrats hotfillyky, I'm so happy for you! And I'm so sorry for your loss. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to Zuma? As an African grey owner I'm sad to hear that. :(

UF--I don't mind sharing. Zuma was turned over to my clinic by her "breeder" as a baby. She was a failure to thrive case that we thought could be a case of PDD. Once the "breeder" read up on PDD, she freaked out and realized she was endangering the other birds that she had. So she signed her over.

Once in my ownership, we DNA tested her for sex and did the PDD test. She came back as female and the test was negative. BUT you can get false negatives. She had all the signs and symptoms. Last year, she had two seizures in April and quit perching. She was still happy, eating, and talking. So we talked to some experts and changed her meds. She did very well on them but I knew that I was just buying time. She had pretty much quit talking, wouldn't eat very well on her own, was sleeping a lot, and had started to regurg again despite the meds so I had to make the devastating decision to let her go. Friday will be 3 weeks.....3 weeks of feeling shattered. She meant the world to me. As a grey owner, you know how they can steal your heart and soul. That is what Zuma was to me.

I will be getting a tattoo (my first) in her honor.

Thank you for your thoughts!

UF--I don't mind sharing. Zuma was turned over to my clinic by her "breeder" as a baby. She was a failure to thrive case that we thought could be a case of PDD. Once the "breeder" read up on PDD, she freaked out and realized she was endangering the other birds that she had. So she signed her over.

Once in my ownership, we DNA tested her for sex and did the PDD test. She came back as female and the test was negative. BUT you can get false negatives. She had all the signs and symptoms. Last year, she had two seizures in April and quit perching. She was still happy, eating, and talking. So we talked to some experts and changed her meds. She did very well on them but I knew that I was just buying time. She had pretty much quit talking, wouldn't eat very well on her own, was sleeping a lot, and had started to regurg again despite the meds so I had to make the devastating decision to let her go. Friday will be 3 weeks.....3 weeks of feeling shattered. She meant the world to me. As a grey owner, you know how they can steal your heart and soul. That is what Zuma was to me.

I will be getting a tattoo (my first) in her honor.

Thank you for your thoughts!
Oh that's awful. I'm so sorry to hear that. I couldn't even imagine. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that's taken the Intro to Animal Science course through OK Correspondence still working on the course? I'll be taking my last exam next week and I was wondering if anyone knows how quick they are at sending out transcripts? Need them to be really quick..

I am! Currently working on that and Animal Nutrition. Won't be done taking my last exam until May 29th :/ I did speak to someone at OKState and they said they could send out a letter of completion until the transcript gets there so hopefully that helps?

I am! Currently working on that and Animal Nutrition. Won't be done taking my last exam until May 29th :/ I did speak to someone at OKState and they said they could send out a letter of completion until the transcript gets there so hopefully that helps?
That's a good idea, that way they can at least know it's been completed and that the transcript is on the way. I'm so nervous that I won't make the next round off the wait list because I'm still working on the course. Of course I really have no idea when the next round will be..

@chunsa26 I just e-mailed Amy to ask if a later stating course completion, from OKState, would be adequate until transcripts were received and she said yes. Just FYI!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still pulling for you, dwood!

I talked with one vet student who is starting 4th yr. She was called 3 weeks before classes started. Fingers crossed! :D

So..does anyone have a complete breakdown of tuition and cost? I have found several different numbers and am kind of confused.

What's your residency status?
Once receive your deposit, they're going to send you an acceptance package with all the info you need.

Hi, I hope all is well with all of you. I am preparing to submit my application for Tuskegee class of 2019 , but I still need to take an Animal Science class. Is Oklahoma States ANSI 1124 the correct animal science course to fulfill the requirement at TUSVM?

What's your residency status?
Once receive your deposit, they're going to send you an acceptance package with all the info you need.
I'm IS! Got all of the info, but did tuition really increase to $20,000 a semester??

Wow! I just realized that there isn't an IS/OS tuition difference. It's kind of scary how fast the tuition is rising. Last year it was 18k and the year before that was 16k.

I know that I could get off the waitlist anytime until August..but it's really killing me to wait, not knowing whether I'll get in or not. Trying to remain hopeful, just really wish I knew where I was on the waitlist. Fingers crossed..

Have you touched base with Amy again? Fingers are still crossed!

I know that I could get off the waitlist anytime until August..but it's really killing me to wait, not knowing whether I'll get in or not. Trying to remain hopeful, just really wish I knew where I was on the waitlist. Fingers crossed..

Hope you hear good news soon!

Requested my transcript be sent for the Intro to Animal Science course that I took through OK correspondence..hoping that gets a ball rolling...

Never got a response from Amy, even emailed separately to ensure that they received my transcript from OK State...not sure when to stop emailing to check on waitlist status because I'm not given any information even when I get a response. But I don't want them to think I don't care either, because I care a lot. I don't want to be a nuisance but I want to show that I care. Not sure what to do.

Have you tried calling? I've called a few times and Amy picked up each time.

Have you tried calling? I've called a few times and Amy picked up each time.
I called several weeks ago to ask about something, can't remember now but it took Amy a couple days to get back to me. Wednesday I call to make sure they received my transcript and to check on status of waitlist (even though I know I probably won't get any new info, I have to ask...) and I left a message. Haven't heard anything yet but maybe today. In the mean time, I'm starting my c/o 2019 application :(

Finally got admissions to break, Suliman told me I'm #3 on waitlist. Chances are slim that I'll get in at this point, but I guess crazier things have happened? Want this more than anything..