Tuskegee c/o 2018 Applicants!

Started by Iluvlabs90
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you that have received acceptance e-mails, has your status changed?

No it's still the same since interviews. We have to call to confirm then send a letter/deposit by the 18th, so there's still time to here from them!!
 
I e-mailed Amy..not sure if I feel better or worse now. She said there will be either one or two more waves of letters..all depending on how many seats are available. I'm waiting for her to respond to see if she knows when the next wave of letters will go out...hopefully it's not going to be after April 18th (because that's when someone said they have to have deposit in to hold spot). And she did tell me my status is "pending"... Hate this waiting.
 
I e-mailed Amy..not sure if I feel better or worse now. She said there will be either one or two more waves of letters..all depending on how many seats are available. I'm waiting for her to respond to see if she knows when the next wave of letters will go out...hopefully it's not going to be after April 18th (because that's when someone said they have to have deposit in to hold spot). And she did tell me my status is "pending"... Hate this waiting.

Thanks for the update. I agree on the waiting!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I e-mailed Amy..not sure if I feel better or worse now. She said there will be either one or two more waves of letters..all depending on how many seats are available. I'm waiting for her to respond to see if she knows when the next wave of letters will go out...hopefully it's not going to be after April 18th (because that's when someone said they have to have deposit in to hold spot). And she did tell me my status is "pending"... Hate this waiting.

Thanks! Let us know her response when she gets back to you, please!

& good luck to all those still playing the waiting game, like me.
 
Amy said that she didn't have an exact date or time frame for when the next wave will go out. 🙁 I think the class size ranges from 65-70?
 
I'm just really trying to figure out their method. My last name starts with "W" and I interviewed on Thursday... That's the only thing I can come up with as to why I may not have heard.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone talked to Amy Today?....Maybe some of us will get emails this week. Good luck to everyone on here.
 
I caved in and called. I needed to ask another question about a transcript. Amy basically said the same thing to me. More emails are coming....thru out the month of April.
 
I just cannot, for the life of me, understand why they can't just cut to the chase and give us an answer. Whether it's a yes, no, or maybe..I just want to know!
 
This is my first time applying and I'm still waiting as well. Judging by previous forums and what I've personally heard is they accept in waves. I'm not sure if they send out all 70 letters and gear responses from there or what. My in state school does something similar. They admit the top students first then the remaining students about 2 weeks later.
Sorry to come out of no where. I've been following this forum for awhile but never had an account.
 
I applied and was wait listed last year while my friend was accepted. It seemed to me that they sent out the first waive of acceptances, wait to see who accepts their seat and sends in their deposits, and then decide if they have more space to accept students or if those students go onto the wait list. So just sit tight. Unfortunately, you may not hear back until late April, early May. That's when I found out I was wait listed. Sorry if that upsets you guys and it may not be the case for this year, but that was my experience last year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied and was wait listed last year while my friend was accepted. It seemed to me that they sent out the first waive of acceptances, wait to see who accepts their seat and sends in their deposits, and then decide if they have more space to accept students or if those students go onto the wait list. So just sit tight. Unfortunately, you may not hear back until late April, early May. That's when I found out I was wait listed. Sorry if that upsets you guys and it may not be the case for this year, but that was my experience last year.

I was in the same boat last year, so I'm not expecting to hear until after April 18th.
 
I dont understand why they do this. i believe that most everyone has probably also applied to other schools and has to make a decision by the 15th it just doesnt make sense to me
 
I dont understand why they do this. i believe that most everyone has probably also applied to other schools and has to make a decision by the 15th it just doesnt make sense to me

Unfortunately, it is what it is. I only applied to Tuskegee, so I don't have the predicament that some of you have. If I were in that boat, I think I would probably take the other offer rather than chance waiting on Tuskegee. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting, like me.
 
I'm in a similar situation as everyone else I was accepted to Ross last year and had to defer it so I have payed my deposit so if I get in here I will be out my $1000. But that's just how it goes I guess.
 
I dont understand why they do this. i believe that most everyone has probably also applied to other schools and has to make a decision by the 15th it just doesnt make sense to me

Unfortunately they don't have to follow the April 15th rule because they are a private institution that does not use the VMCAs. I appreciated them for their old school method of doing things. I guess if you don't like it, you shouldn't try to go there!!

If I had been in the position of choosing between another school and Tuskegee, I would pick the other school. Although I did fall in love with the school and was really bummed that I didn't get in, the wait list hasn't moved more than just 1-2 people for the past few years and they don't rank their wait list. It's a little too much of a gamble to wait to come off of the wait list here. I didn't, I'm currently at Ross. But I called Amy about 1-2 times a week last summer. She told me that if she could let me in based on persistence, she would. But the list just doesn't move..