Tuskegee c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is killing me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was really hoping we'd be hearing this week but based on what last years applicants are saying..unlikely. :(

I was really hoping we'd be hearing this week but based on what last years applicants are saying..unlikely. :(

I'm so sorry for bringing down your spirits!! I truly truly hope that I'm wrong.. I've just been following this thread and it killed me to watch all of you agonize over it so I figured I had to throw in my experience..

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they realize this is likely a point against them that they're so behind on notifying us? It's getting at me that if this is their attitude now, what's it going to be like if I go there? I'm an efficient person, this is very much a demerit for me

Reactions: 1 user
Because I have nothing else better to do but wait and suffer...I was wondering if those that have been accepted would post their stats? I'm a lower GPA applicant with great experience so I'm just trying to figure out if there is still hope.. Having trouble focusing on the online Animal Science course that I'm taking for Tuskegee..so behind and we have to be done by May to have grades submitted by end of May.

Hi guy I have been following this blog for two years roughly I applied last year and was accepted to SERP I was an alternate out of serp and I am still awaiting notification about acceptance . Unfortunately Tuskegee is extremely slow and does things on their own time they are unprofessional when it comes to admissions but all we can do is wait . To my knowledge they sent out first time applicants acceptance letters first and then I think the do second time applicants serp program and the students that flunked out and is trying to get back in . If we are lucky we may find out something this week

They also (in my opinion) favor tuskegee students

Last edited:
I'm so exhausted from the process

Last edited:
Well..I'm feeling discouraged now. But, fingers crossed because you never know.. What is the SERP program??

Don't be discouraged
They just take forever and it's a program where you compete for spots into the upcoming class they accepted five out of like 22 and I think maybe four were alternates but more info is on the tusvm web page

Well..I'm feeling discouraged now. But, fingers crossed because you never know.. What is the SERP program??
The gave us a brief intro to first and second year classes and we have to be tested on them and based on our scores they let us know if we got in

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-mailed Amy yesterday just because I'm going crazy and she basically just said that they are not a part of VMCAS and are therefore not required to give answers by April 15 and therefore she could not give me an answer on when the rest of us would hear the decision. I get this....but it is so frustrating. :eek::(

Tell me about it I'm sure some people have went crazy literally !

SERP is optional, and more than other schools offer. Sit tight and try again next year if it's such an aggravation.

Don't know who that message was for but waiting next year isn't going to make it less aggravating I'm sure just to let you know

I'm only frustrated that it's taking so long, I just want to know so that I can get on with my life. I'm sure everyone else wants the same.

Website is down again.. Hope that means something..

Thought I would touch base with you guys and see how everyone is doing.

I got a letter from Tuskegee in the mail today. I am an alternate.

I also got a letter in the mail today. I'm an alternate as well.

Serp Invite today.....has anyone out there done this program. I hear it's a long shot. Just a few spots for 20 to 30 people.

Anybody know how far/if they go into the alternate list? Not sure if I feel discouraged or encouraged....o_O

Wonder how many there are on waitlist? Wish we knew what number we are..

Well there were 30 SERP invites in my email batch.

Mine had that many too. Have you asked Amy how many spots they will give out of SERP?

I asked Dr. Webster when I called to accept the offer. He basically said that at the end of SERP, students are ranked, & the SERP directors give that ranked list to admissions. It is at that point that admissions decides how many spots to offer. It could be 5, it could be 10.

Just wondering if any of those that were accepted will be declining their offer to accept elsewhere?

I declined my offer yesterday! Goodluck you guys!!

Hi guy I have been following this blog for two years roughly I applied last year and was accepted to SERP I was an alternate out of serp and I am still awaiting notification about acceptance . Unfortunately Tuskegee is extremely slow and does things on their own time they are unprofessional when it comes to admissions but all we can do is wait . To my knowledge they sent out first time applicants acceptance letters first and then I think the do second time applicants serp program and the students that flunked out and is trying to get back in . If we are lucky we may find out something this week

What did you think about the serp program? Was is hard? Have you been accepted yet?

Hey guys congrats on those who have made it ....I am ending my second year at Tuskegee....if any of you have any questions feel free to contact me...see you in the fall

What did you think about the serp program? Was is hard? Have you been accepted yet?
I have been accepted I completed the serp program last summer and was and alternate they accepted like 5 out of like 21 ppl it is very challenging and competitive it's crucial that you keep up they introduced us to the first two years of vet school in a summer it was a series of lectures the pre and post test to see how much of the information you retained you then will be ranked based on grades email me with any other questions [email protected]

For anyone that want detail descriptions please email me at [email protected] I will then give you my number so we can chat it's easier to talk than write!

Wonder when the wait list might start moving..