You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tuskegee c/o 2018 Applicants!
Started by Iluvlabs90
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was really hoping we'd be hearing this week but based on what last years applicants are saying..unlikely. 🙁
I'm so sorry for bringing down your spirits!! I truly truly hope that I'm wrong.. I've just been following this thread and it killed me to watch all of you agonize over it so I figured I had to throw in my experience..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because I have nothing else better to do but wait and suffer...I was wondering if those that have been accepted would post their stats? I'm a lower GPA applicant with great experience so I'm just trying to figure out if there is still hope.. Having trouble focusing on the online Animal Science course that I'm taking for Tuskegee..so behind and we have to be done by May to have grades submitted by end of May.
Hi guy I have been following this blog for two years roughly I applied last year and was accepted to SERP I was an alternate out of serp and I am still awaiting notification about acceptance . Unfortunately Tuskegee is extremely slow and does things on their own time they are unprofessional when it comes to admissions but all we can do is wait . To my knowledge they sent out first time applicants acceptance letters first and then I think the do second time applicants serp program and the students that flunked out and is trying to get back in . If we are lucky we may find out something this week
They also (in my opinion) favor tuskegee students
Last edited:
I'm so exhausted from the process
Last edited:
Don't be discouraged
They just take forever and it's a program where you compete for spots into the upcoming class they accepted five out of like 22 and I think maybe four were alternates but more info is on the tusvm web page
They just take forever and it's a program where you compete for spots into the upcoming class they accepted five out of like 22 and I think maybe four were alternates but more info is on the tusvm web page
The gave us a brief intro to first and second year classes and we have to be tested on them and based on our scores they let us know if we got inWell..I'm feeling discouraged now. But, fingers crossed because you never know.. What is the SERP program??
Nope they are so behind
I e-mailed Amy yesterday just because I'm going crazy and she basically just said that they are not a part of VMCAS and are therefore not required to give answers by April 15 and therefore she could not give me an answer on when the rest of us would hear the decision. I get this....but it is so frustrating. 😱🙁
Tell me about it I'm sure some people have went crazy literally !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't know who that message was for but waiting next year isn't going to make it less aggravating I'm sure just to let you know
I agree
Fingers crossed !
Thought I would touch base with you guys and see how everyone is doing.
I got a letter from Tuskegee in the mail today. I am an alternate.
I got a letter from Tuskegee in the mail today. I am an alternate.
I got an email inviting me to SERP.
So have any rejections gone out yet?
Me too
What's the difference between alternate & SERP?
Yea..I don't really know that either..What's the difference between alternate & SERP?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate here too...second year in a row. :/
Anybody know how far/if they go into the alternate list? Not sure if I feel discouraged or encouraged....😵
Well there were 30 SERP invites in my email batch.
How do you know that, DVK?
How do you know that, DVK?
All the email addresses showed in the recipient box. It wasn't a BCC.
Mine had that many too. Have you asked Amy how many spots they will give out of SERP?Well there were 30 SERP invites in my email batch.
Mine had that many too. Have you asked Amy how many spots they will give out of SERP?
I asked Dr. Webster when I called to accept the offer. He basically said that at the end of SERP, students are ranked, & the SERP directors give that ranked list to admissions. It is at that point that admissions decides how many spots to offer. It could be 5, it could be 10.
Gotcha...thanks!
Thanks! Congratulations to you!!I declined my offer yesterday! Goodluck you guys!!
Hi guy I have been following this blog for two years roughly I applied last year and was accepted to SERP I was an alternate out of serp and I am still awaiting notification about acceptance . Unfortunately Tuskegee is extremely slow and does things on their own time they are unprofessional when it comes to admissions but all we can do is wait . To my knowledge they sent out first time applicants acceptance letters first and then I think the do second time applicants serp program and the students that flunked out and is trying to get back in . If we are lucky we may find out something this week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering if any of those that were accepted will be declining their offer to accept elsewhere?
I'm accepting my seat.
I have been accepted I completed the serp program last summer and was and alternate they accepted like 5 out of like 21 ppl it is very challenging and competitive it's crucial that you keep up they introduced us to the first two years of vet school in a summer it was a series of lectures the pre and post test to see how much of the information you retained you then will be ranked based on grades email me with any other questions [email protected]What did you think about the serp program? Was is hard? Have you been accepted yet?
For anyone that want detail descriptions please email me at [email protected] I will then give you my number so we can chat it's easier to talk than write!
Wonder when the wait list might start moving..
The deposit and commitment letter had to be postmarked by the 18th, so my guess is really soon.