Two quick questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

September24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview in three weeks.

1. How long would you say on average it takes to prepare for an interview? I want to be as prepared as possible. I have a mock interview coming up. I'm trying to do some light reading (got a couple books where authors discuss healthcare policy, economics, etc which I plan to skim). I dont have time to read the whole book. I want to read some articles over medical ethics. I'm also going to find a list of possible medical school interview questions that I plan to look over. I'm not going to script them since I dont want the interview to sound....well...scripted. I want them to be genuine answers but I jot down some points. How long did you take to prepare for an interview?

2. Does anyone have some resources where I can go and learn about ethics, policy, and medical economics in order to sound more knowledgeable over medicine? I want to know more about the issues and while I have been trying my best to keep up, I want to be more prepared. I would appreciate articles that you guys found interesting and eye opening. Things that would discuss the major topics and issues surrounding healthcare today. What are websites/articles that I can refer to to find information about major topics/issues surrounding healthcare?

Members don't see this ad.

KevinMD.com has a lot of good material for news/current events in medicine. For the interview, just know how to answer the questions of why you want to be here. You should know that by now, but know how to elucidate your reasons. Practice with friends/family/mirrors.

I have an interview in three weeks.

1. How long would you say on average it takes to prepare for an interview? I want to be as prepared as possible. I have a mock interview coming up. I'm trying to do some light reading (got a couple books where authors discuss healthcare policy, economics, etc which I plan to skim). I dont have time to read the whole book. I want to read some articles over medical ethics. I'm also going to find a list of possible medical school interview questions that I plan to look over. I'm not going to script them since I dont want the interview to sound....well...scripted. I want them to be genuine answers but I jot down some points. How long did you take to prepare for an interview?

2. Does anyone have some resources where I can go and learn about ethics, policy, and medical economics in order to sound more knowledgeable over medicine? I want to know more about the issues and while I have been trying my best to keep up, I want to be more prepared. I would appreciate articles that you guys found interesting and eye opening. Things that would discuss the major topics and issues surrounding healthcare today. What are websites/articles that I can refer to to find information about major topics/issues surrounding healthcare?

1) 2-3 weeks. Took the first week to really gather my ideas of "why medicine, why DO, why (specific school)" and built everything off that.

2) Medscape.

Reactions: 1 user