This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is this your first time applying to OT school?

• YES

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • NO

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

enh15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to create a fresh thread for anyone currently applying to MOT programs here in TX. I've also been looking into some out of state programs as well.

I've already submitted to UTMB, UTHSC, UTEP, and TTHSC. I'm also thinking UT Rio Grande, if anyone knows about that program a little more.

I'm a little worried about the "verification" process, so hopefully we can all bounce Q&A's off each other :)

GOODLUCK!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

This is my first time applying and I'm a nervous wreck. I've actually been creeping on these threads for the past 2 years now and finally made an account now that I've applied! So far I've dropped applications to UTMB, TWU, and USA (Austin). I've also sent one to Midwestern(AZ) since Glendale is my hometown and where my mother actually graduated. As of right now, those school's might be the only ones I apply to.

Like you, I'm crazy worried about the verification process. I submitted my application first thing Oct 11th and have no idea how long it will take at this time. I'm assuming you are still waiting for your verification as well? Have you heard anything in regards to whether the late verification will hurt our chances of acceptance with UTMB? I was told that application will still be accepted as long as it's submitted by the Oct 15th deadline, but nothing more than that. :/

Hey guys! I applied to TWU and everything was verified within a week, but that was back the first week of September so they were probably less busy. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

This is my first time applying and I'm a nervous wreck. I've actually been creeping on these threads for the past 2 years now and finally made an account now that I've applied! So far I've dropped applications to UTMB, TWU, and USA (Austin). I've also sent one to Midwestern(AZ) since Glendale is my hometown and where my mother actually graduated. As of right now, those school's might be the only ones I apply to.

Like you, I'm crazy worried about the verification process. I submitted my application first thing Oct 11th and have no idea how long it will take at this time. I'm assuming you are still waiting for your verification as well? Have you heard anything in regards to whether the late verification will hurt our chances of acceptance with UTMB? I was told that application will still be accepted as long as it's submitted by the Oct 15th deadline, but nothing more than that. :/

Hey Mel27!

Yes, I'm still waiting for verification due to me choosing to pay for the professional transcript entry. I had everything sent in early and OTCAS had received everything, I just wanted till OCT.4 to click submit for a OCT 14/15 deadline.

From what I've researched on other threads most programs may still consider you! (*whew*) That's a good thing.
HOWEVER, I just submitted to Texas Tech last night and their email said that you need to be verified BEFORE the App due date.
I'm thinking it's still a possibility. But I'd rather still have a chance than none :)

Hey Mel27!

Yes, I'm still waiting for verification due to me choosing to pay for the professional transcript entry. I had everything sent in early and OTCAS had received everything, I just wanted till OCT.4 to click submit for a OCT 14/15 deadline.

From what I've researched on other threads most programs may still consider you! (*whew*) That's a good thing.
HOWEVER, I just submitted to Texas Tech last night and their email said that you need to be verified BEFORE the App due date.
I'm thinking it's still a possibility. But I'd rather still have a chance than none :)
I just got verified today!!! Have you heard anything yet?

I just got verified today!!! Have you heard anything yet?
Hey! yeah I got verified on the 18th and didn't get a chance to update the thread on here! I also contacted UTHSC and luckly I made the due date for that one as well. So all good on my end! Now just have to wait! :thumbup:

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to create a fresh thread for anyone currently applying to MOT programs here in TX. I've also been looking into some out of state programs as well.

I've already submitted to UTMB, UTHSC, UTEP, and TTHSC. I'm also thinking UT Rio Grande, if anyone knows about that program a little more.

I'm a little worried about the "verification" process, so hopefully we can all bounce Q&A's off each other :)

GOODLUCK!!!

Hi! This is my first time applying. I've submitted apps for UTMB and TTHSC, and I plan on submitting to CSU, LSU, and OU.

I haven't gotten anything from UTMB or TTHSC yet-- have you heard back from any of your schools?

Has anyone heard back from TTU? I applied mid September and they emailed me 10/11 saying they received everything and my application under review. I have not heard anything since then.

Has anyone heard back from TTU? I applied mid September and they emailed me 10/11 saying they received everything and my application under review. I have not heard anything since then.
I got an email from Tech on 10/19 saying they had completed a preliminary review of my prerequisite courses, and that I'll be contacted if I'm invited for an interview. Nothing else so far!

I got an email from Tech on 10/19 saying they had completed a preliminary review of my prerequisite courses, and that I'll be contacted if I'm invited for an interview. Nothing else so far!
Got the same email! Just getting worried since some people have already been contacted for interviews for 10/13. Are those the people that applied much earlier?

Got the same email! Just getting worried since some people have already been contacted for interviews for 10/13. Are those the people that applied much earlier?
I think so! It looks like most of the people who already interviewed applied in August or early September. I was looking through old forums and saw that some people got Tech interviews as late as January, so hopefully we're okay!

I submitted my Tech application 8/24 by the time I finished my supplemental essay. On 9/11 I received an e-mail that they had received everything and completed a preliminary review. I received my interview invite 9/20 and had my interview 10/13.

I submitted my Tech application 8/24 by the time I finished my supplemental essay. On 9/11 I received an e-mail that they had received everything and completed a preliminary review. I received my interview invite 9/20 and had my interview 10/13.
Do you think they do Skype interviews? Living in Florida a flight can be costly

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think they do Skype interviews? Living in Florida a flight can be costly
Based on what I've read on here they have in the past, but I think you would have to ask them when they invite you to interview. At my interview there were quite a few people from out of TX, so I'm not sure.

What time did you interview? Have you heard back?

I interviewed in the morning group (8:15-10:30) and haven't heard anything since the interview.

Girl me too! A or B? & I know me either, I was hoping we’d hear something by now.

Hello!

Hey! I wouldn't be too worried about the verification process... I applied to TWU and UTMB last year and submitted both applications literally the day before they were due and I got an interview with UTMB and was accepted to TWU. Good luck and don't worry about it too much :)

I'm interviewing at Tech this coming weekend! I'm super excited, but also very nervous. Would anyone who's interviewed there mind giving me a little bit of insight into what to expect? I heard there's a group activity-- is this something I should be worried about or is it pretty laid back? Any advice/information is appreciated!!

Hi guys!
For those who are familiar with the application process (I will not be applying until 2018), does the 3 separate locations for TWU count as three different "possibilities" of schools to get into? Do you rank which location that is most preferred? I'm unsure about the process.

Thanks!

Hi guys!
For those who are familiar with the application process (I will not be applying until 2018), does the 3 separate locations for TWU count as three different "possibilities" of schools to get into? Do you rank which location that is most preferred? I'm unsure about the process.

Thanks!
Yes you rank what your first choice is and what your second choice is. But they will put you wherever there is space.

Hey! I wouldn't be too worried about the verification process... I applied to TWU and UTMB last year and submitted both applications literally the day before they were due and I got an interview with UTMB and was accepted to TWU. Good luck and don't worry about it too much :)

Hey! I am from TWU and have an interview with UTMB in January. Do you remember what the process was like? Any tips? Thanks!

Has anyone here applied to St. Augustine and if so, have you heard back about an interview? Thanks!