Typical Week for Pain Doc?

Started by PAINISGOOD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PAINISGOOD

Junior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many days of clinic vs. procedures per week (I am sure this varies)? When do you typically get in/leave? What are calls like for attending pain docs? I would love to hear what algos and other attendings schedule is like in the real world!!

Thanks!

PAINISGOOD
 
I will give you a 2 week running schedule for me since we have multiple clinics and overlapping schedules:
M-mixed office visits and usually 8-10 procedures under fluoro in office
T-AM-office with a few procedures, PM-Hospital OR for SCS and ITP
W-Surgery center 15-20 procedures
Th-Second clinic location: procedures 3-6 in AM in a hospital, then PM clinic
F- Third clinic-all day

M-same as last M
T-Office all day with some procedures mixed in
W-Office AM, hospital PM
Th-All day pumps and stims implants and trials hospital
F-Third Clinic- all day