TYs/prelims in Indiana

Started by Reaganite
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Reaganite

Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if there are any good Tys/prelim years in Indiana, say around the South Bend area? And by good, I mean that there is a chance you might have a Saturday off now and then 😉
 
Last I checked, the TY programs in Indiana were:

1. Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, IN (I think, from your post, you might prefer this one)
2. Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis
3. St. Vincent's Hospital in Indianapolis

All are good programs. All are very competitive (I interviewed at all, ranked them all, but didn't match into any of them). There isn't anything that I know of closer to South Bend. St. V's also has a prelim medicine year. Indiana University's prelim medicine year isn't one you can apply to (they reserve spots for residents matching into advanced positions at IU). Hope this helps.