U of A c/o 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like I’m at a huge stand still with life right now. Like we haven’t been accepted or rejected and it’s tough depending on a waitlist move. I’m too afraid August will come and their waitlist may or may not move and with the VMCAS deadline being in September it will really help if they offered waitlisters an application review to at least start preparing to reapply for this new cycle! Anyone else feeling this way?

Anyone heard of any more waitlist movement?
I call weekly, it hasn't moved since they set it. Posted above, they offered to re-review some of the declined applicants. The waitlist can run until the first day of classes, and they do not disclose positioning. Frustrating for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

So the wait-list hasn't moved at all?? Damn. That is very discouraging to hear.
I call weekly, it hasn't moved since they set it. Posted above, they offered to re-review some of the declined applicants. The waitlist can run until the first day of classes, and they do not disclose positioning. Frustrating for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got denied early on from all other schools because my GPA is on the lower side. This is my only chance for this year.

I got denied early on from all other schools because my GPA is on the lower side. This is my only chance for this year.

Same here.
Fun fact is half of the schools I applied to were automatic declines cuz one of my recommendations forgot to send it in. 5 including u of A let her send it in to still consider me

I'm pretty sure I'll be waitlisted too. I am graduating with my bachelor's at 20, so I haven't had as much time to get vet hours as other students have. I have a vet clinic I will be interning at next semester, and maybe it will be better for me to have a gap year. As nice as having a doctorate at 23 would be, that's a lot of stress at too young of an age lol. Hopefully, we get an interview, but remember that it's not the end of the world if you don't! I believe in you!!
me too! I just graduated at 20. I am currently waitlisted, but I have a spot at Midwestern. Really hoping U of A waitlist starts moving soon, they're my first choice.

Does anyone know if U of A sent out emails to confirm our continued interest in being on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Well I got the "you are on the wait-list, thank you for applying email" is there a different one?

Well I got the "you are on the wait-list, thank you for applying email" is there a different one?
I was told emails would be sent out to see if we still want to be on the waitlist. Since matriculation is this month HOPEFULLY there will be some movement!

Oh yeah! I remember hearing something about that in the next steps. So maybe some of us will get an email soon? I know it said July for some to stay on the wait-list
I was told emails would be sent out to see if we still want to be on the waitlist. Since matriculation is this month HOPEFULLY there will be some movement!

Has anyone heard of any sort of movement yet? Entering middle of July is getting me nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard of any sort of movement yet? Entering middle of July is getting me nervous
Nope. The Office of Admissions is now offering application feedback for waitlisted students so likely there won’t be anymore movement and the new entering class has already begun to matriculate. You should contact Katie and she will be happy to schedule it for you. With orientation being 4 weeks from now I would start the process of reapplying. Don’t mean to be a downer or anything but might as well get yourself prepared to apply again and get new experiences for next go round. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Nope. The Office of Admissions is now offering application feedback for waitlisted students so likely there won’t be anymore movement and the new entering class has already begun to matriculate. You should contact Katie and she will be happy to schedule it for you. With orientation being 3 weeks from now I would start the process of reapplying. Don’t mean to be a downer or anything but might as well get yourself prepared to apply again and get new experiences for next go round. Hope this helps!

Man that’s a bummer. Thank you. I’ve already begun working on my application for next cycle

Are they going to send an email out to waitlisted students to ask if they want a review? It would be weird not to.
Nope. The Office of Admissions is now offering application feedback for waitlisted students so likely there won’t be anymore movement and the new entering class has already begun to matriculate. You should contact Katie and she will be happy to schedule it for you. With orientation being 4 weeks from now I would start the process of reapplying. Don’t mean to be a downer or anything but might as well get yourself prepared to apply again and get new experiences for next go round. Hope this helps!

Are they going to send an email out to waitlisted students to ask if they want a review? It would be weird not to.

Idk if they wait until after school starts in case they do end up pulling more or not. I emailed Katie and she is going to email me a review by Friday. I still want to have hope because I find it odd that no one seems to have gotten pulled of yet some received emails asking if they want to be reevaluated after originally being declined. This whole thing is very confusing

Idk if they wait until after school starts in case they do end up pulling more or not. I emailed Katie and she is going to email me a review by Friday. I still want to have hope because I find it odd that no one seems to have gotten pulled of yet some received emails asking if they want to be reevaluated after originally being declined. This whole thing is very confusing
I also emailed admissions asking for a review and Katie responded saying her colleague will reach out to me next week to set something up.

I also emailed admissions asking for a review and Katie responded saying her colleague will reach out to me next week to set something up.

I’m getting a review on Monday. She just emailed me that they are no longer offering it in writing….. even though she did 2 days ago

I’m getting a review on Monday. She just emailed me that they are no longer offering it in writing….. even though she did 2 days ago
Thank you for your feedback on this post and the previous one. If you have specific questions on your application or why we are no longer offering applicant feedback in writing please be sure to ask during your meeting on Monday. -Katie

Last edited:
Did any one else get the email asking if they wanted to stay on the wait-list? I got one today and immediately said Yes.

Reactions: 2 users
Did any one else get the email asking if they wanted to stay on the wait-list? I got one today and immediately said Yes.

I did as well. I would still recommend working on your application again as they don’t foresee much more movement

I did as well. I would still recommend working on your application again as they don’t foresee much more movement
For sure. I am currently working on my next app, but it doesn't hurt to hold out hope a little longer.

Hey, everyone! I have seen people in previous years talk about a portal - has anyone received information about that yet? I have completed the supplemental, so just curious! Thanks!

Hey, everyone! I have seen people in previous years talk about a portal - has anyone received information about that yet? I have completed the supplemental, so just curious! Thanks!
They usually send you an email to set up portal access alongside the supplemental if I remember right? They might mix it up this year though, who knows? Lol