U of A c/o 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s almost 4pm and nothing yet :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought they were going to start telling people tomorrow? At my interview they said they would contact people on the 6-10.

It’s me checking my email and portal every 5 minutes😂 Does anyone know if there will actually be a waitlist? like if we are waitlisted will they let us know up until August if any spaces become available in the class or would we still have until the April 15th deadline? I just hope we all get accepted😭🙏🏾❤️

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s me checking my email and portal every 5 minutes Does anyone know if there will actually be a waitlist? like if we are waitlisted will they let us know up until August if any spaces become available in the class or would we still have until the April 15th deadline? I just hope we all get accepted

Someone at the interview Q/A said that there was a student who got taken off the waitlist in august who made it for orientation. Also both of the students at my Q/A came off the waitlist in the spring/summer so imo waitlist isn’t a loss! I think The April 15 dead line is for those who have been offered acceptances to accept or decline their seats, but not the end of the waitlist.

Again idk for sure but this is the impression I got!

Someone at the interview Q/A said that there was a student who got taken off the waitlist in august who made it for orientation. Also both of the students at my Q/A came off the waitlist in the spring/summer so imo waitlist isn’t a loss! I think The April 15 dead line is for those who have been offered acceptances to accept or decline their seats, but not the end of the waitlist.

Again idk for sure but this is the impression I got!
I know someone for a different school who was pulled 2 weeks before school started for her, so I am assuming they will go up until orientation. Also April 15th is the deadline for people who are sent initial acceptances not for waitlisted people

It’s me checking my email and portal every 5 minutes😂 Does anyone know if there will actually be a waitlist? like if we are waitlisted will they let us know up until August if any spaces become available in the class or would we still have until the April 15th deadline? I just hope we all get accepted😭🙏🏾❤️
And I am doing the same thing even though I know they have until Monday to tell me anything. The wait is unreal! I am nervous but excited to finally know!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone remember when they said they’ll have the admitted student visit day?

Did anyone see what they just posted on their social media? They’re already hosting things for the admitted students but we don’t even know if we’re accepted or denied?

I believe it's actually today and tomorrow, though they also said they'd have it on zoom.
I don’t understand how that makes any sense they have students who have been waiting months on months to hear from them and still haven’t yet their hosting events already. This is disappointing 😭😭

I don’t understand how that makes any sense they have students who have been waiting months on months to hear from them and still haven’t yet their hosting events already. This is disappointing

Very much so ):

Did anyone see what they just posted on their social media? They’re already hosting things for the admitted students but we don’t even know if we’re accepted or denied?
That’s why I asked my question lol I’m like wtffffff

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s why I asked my question lol I’m like wtffffff
I understand they are a new school, and these decisions cannot be easy but how is this allowed. Feeling very defeated and just want an answer of some type 😭😭😭

• Care
I understand they are a new school, and these decisions cannot be easy but how is this allowed. Feeling very defeated and just want an answer of some type 😭😭😭
And it’s me counting the number of people in the post to see how many more seats are left😩😂😭

• Haha
So looks like they have another second look tomorrow as well. Here’s a screenshot of the next steps I took back during the MMI for reference

Attachments

• 169F980A-74F0-4A79-9D4D-6036A224890F.jpeg
    169F980A-74F0-4A79-9D4D-6036A224890F.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 93
I don’t understand how that makes any sense they have students who have been waiting months on months to hear from them and still haven’t yet their hosting events already. This is disappointing 😭😭
I'm not so surprised that they're having admitted student events this early, but it is kind of weird that they wouldn't at least have a couple more since they're still making decisions through this week. I mean if all decisions will be made by April 10 at the latest, why not have the events in May so that no one misses out?

However I wonder if, as @justdoingmybesttogetin mentioned, the Second Look days are geared more towards accepted but undecided students. And maybe they use the event to sway those people by having them come down and see the school in person? :shrug:

I'm not so surprised that they're having admitted student events this early, but it is kind of weird that they wouldn't at least have a couple more since they're still making decisions through this week. I mean if all decisions will be made by April 10 at the latest, why not have the events in May so that no one misses out?

However I wonder if, as @justdoingmybesttogetin mentioned, the Second Look days are geared more towards accepted but undecided students. And maybe they use the event to sway those people by having them come down and see the school in person? :shrug:

It’s just really confusing why they even say April 10th, when they said the last meeting is the 5th. They aren’t going to be working on the weekend? It’s almost 3pm today and I don’t think anyone has heard anything, so tomorrow is the day?

If it comes off that I have attitude that’s not how it’s intended, I just want to know what’s happening with my life lol

I just submitted the form turning down my seat so I hope someone gets a phone call soon!

• Care
It seems like maybe tomorrow might be our day guys! Fingers crossed we all get good news 🤞🤞

• Care
Are they just waiting until April 10th? I don't understand why no one has heard anything. I know we aren't all the people who are being considered but we do have quite a few people still under consideration on here.

Are they just waiting until April 10th? I don't understand why no one has heard anything. I know we aren't all the people who are being considered but we do have quite a few people still under consideration on here.

I feel the same way.

As decision day approaches I just want to let each of you know either accepted, waiting to hear, or even rejected….it has been an extreme pleasure sharing this space with you all and despite all of the apprehension and anxiety I hope everyone gets the outcome they’re hoping for and deserve. KEEP GOING GUYS!!! We have come so far! We all are going to be amazing veterinarians one day and I cannot wait to call each of you my fellow DVM colleagues!❤️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
I just got news that I have been waitlisted. So I am going to be waiting still :D

My portal just updated and I’m on the waitlist as well!

Does anyone know if we can find out how many people are on the wait-list/where we are on it?

Do you guys know if U of A releases their waitlist ranking? I wonder what the likelihood of being pulled off is

I emailed them and they said that they do not disclose rankings, however we should be getting an email soon with information. I am assuming they have their time tied up in contacting a lot of people right now, so we just have to continue to be patient :)

Denied as well :/ good luck everyone, it’s been a fun run of anxiety lol

• Care