U of Chicago Correspondences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dominator39

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at U of Chicago a few months ago and sent a thank you letter right after. I recently sent another thank you letter restating my interest in them, but I haven't received a reply to either. I was wondering if anyone who interviewed there has received any kind of correspondence from the PD. And if so, how much did they say? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone else confirm this? I didn't think the PD would be calling people. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to say that I can confirm this story.

I don't know if this is true. I've heard a lot of invented stories/correspondance stories from other applicants. I haven't heard anything from them in terms of a phone call either. Maybe they didn't like me that much either.

Rugtrousers, did you personally get a call from them?

If not, is there anybody out there (with more than 20 posts or so) who personally got a call? I don't put much stock in "a friend of a friend got a call..."

I specify 20 posts or more to avoid the trolls...

Yes. People have received phone calls. I'm not sure why this bothers you so much. Stick to the match protocol and rank your programs in the order that you prefer and everything will work out. Just because some PDs may not be calling you, sending personal letters, etc. does not mean that you won't match there.

Yeah, got a call. But I'd have to agree with Dr. Robert on this one, and not change your rank list based on what you think the program might be thinking. Remember that the rank lists are first processed in order of your preference, then compared with the programs' lists.

I'm not bothered and I'm not changing my ranking. Just wanted to know the facts. Thanks dudes.