U of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxell123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going here have pros and cons about this school?

Is research good here?
% of people that goto speciality?
Competitive students?

Members don't see this ad.

As I will probably be attending here next year I thought I would let you know what I know about the school.

Pros:
-Large patient base in clinics
-some classes with med students
-very good research facility, however their focus is not on research and is more clinically based. Research scholarships available.

Cons:
-Old facilities
-Cold weather

From what I have gathered this far it seems to be a relatively competitive school. They have scored just above average for the last 5 years or so on the boards I & II. In the past around 10% of the class ends up specializing. If you have any other questions PM me.

I'm a 2nd year at the U of Mn and my wife is a 1st year. As far as how competitive it is it depends on the people in your class. Our class is really competitive and can'y speak for my wifes. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear how large the alternate list is/odds of alternates being admitted right now?

ANyone hear how full the class may be? How many deposits have been put down as of yet?

I don't know how large the alternate list is but I did turn down my acceptance to U of Minn, so that should bump you up one spot. Good Luck!

I also just turned down a spot on the alternate list.

Hope this helps

As of Friday (2/6/04) All but 7 acceptances have been confirmed. The last 7 have already been sent out but they have not received a response yet. There will probably be one more round in which a few acceptances will be issued. They expect the class to be full by the end of Feb. beginning of March.