U of Pacific Suppl. App. Workshop & General Open Houses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ADN1226

Class of 2012!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received info on the U of Pacific supplemental application workshop for 2007 applicants. Problem is i'm all the way on the east coast and doubt that I can go since i'm really busy this summer. Has anyone gone to this and is it required or makes a good impression on the adcoms? In general, is it advised to go to pharm schools open houses? All of the schools i'm applying are out of state so it would be a big hassle. Would it hurt if you don't go to open houses?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

ADN1226 said:
I received info on the U of Pacific supplemental application workshop for 2007 applicants. Problem is i'm all the way on the east coast and doubt that I can go since i'm really busy this summer. Has anyone gone to this and is it required or makes a good impression on the adcoms? In general, is it advised to go to pharm schools open houses? All of the schools i'm applying are out of state so it would be a big hassle. Would it hurt if you don't go to open houses?

Thanks in advance.

Since you're out of state, I can understand how much of a hassle it'd be for you to fly in for the open house and stuff. I personally did not attended any open house or supplement. app workshops, but I did have a private campus visit (with a tour and meeting with advisors at UOP) on my own. I had mentioned that during my interview and it seemed to be looked at positively because I had taken the initiative to come up and check out the school. But I wouldn't worry about it too much since you are out of state. They'd understand. If UOP is where you really want to go for Pharm School, then maybe it would be worth it take a trip out here and check out the campus and the program. But don't worry about it too much. Good luck! :luck: