u of penn 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CANINE149

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any one received application complete status from U of Penn? Do they send a mail or e mail?

Members don't see this ad.

Has any one received application complete status from U of Penn? Do they send a mail or e mail?

I am waiting for the same. They said once they have received all the documents, they will mail the application complete letter.

All the communication by UPENN is done thru regular mail. They send e-mail in case of time sensitive cases.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got an application complete mail by regular postal service a few days back

hi please give me ur opinion... i have applied to upenn and got application complete in first week of july and now i just received my part two score and it is 85 so i was thinking to re send them my score to add part 2 in my application as a plus... is it right to do so or do i just forget about it ??

Of course, it is the right thing to do.... good luck!

hi please give me ur opinion... i have applied to upenn and got application complete in first week of july and now i just received my part two score and it is 85 so i was thinking to re send them my score to add part 2 in my application as a plus... is it right to do so or do i just forget about it ??

I got confirmation through regular mail as well....

thanks trintrin for ur advice i sent them again my score... good luck to u too ...

I too recieved my confirmation via post last week.Does anyone know about their interview process and selection criteria.Please discuss in detail.Thanks

hi, even i got my application complete letter through mail.

how did everybody here fill the pdf application form? i dont own a printer myself and so it okay to fill it by hand? has anybody been in such a position?

Also regarding transcripts, official / notarized copy is mentioned.

my problem is I have a official sealed transcript but thats my last one, so do i open it and make photocopies of it? my college is a pain and asking them again is going to take time.

I dont know what to do.

Hey, I can understand your situation as I have a similar experience with my college in my country... just keep those sealed copies with you... do you have original marksheets/transcripts with you? i mean the ones that you would have got when you passed out....just make a copy of those and get it notarized from a US Notary... that should serve the purpose for upenn. ..

good luck...

how did everybody here fill the pdf application form? i dont own a printer myself and so it okay to fill it by hand? has anybody been in such a position?

Also regarding transcripts, official / notarized copy is mentioned.

my problem is I have a official sealed transcript but thats my last one, so do i open it and make photocopies of it? my college is a pain and asking them again is going to take time.

I dont know what to do.

Members don't see this ad :)

To the second part of your question trintrin answered nicely.That's what I also feel you should do.

To the first part of the question,if you don't have a printer ,try going to your nearest library and fill out online & get prints.That's what I did once when my printer wasn't working.
Good Luck!:)

hai all, i too applied for upenn -2011. my stats are 88/3.53/106. i got the application aknowledgment through written mail,last week in canada. my worries is i have been going through various forums and have seen people with above 90s getting accepted ,,, do i stand a chance to get an admission in upenn. i have only applied for 3 universities,,upenn,boston and nyu. is there any other university that i can apply which does not need a bench exam. to be honest i dont have enough money to apply for more universities,,,so do i stand a chance in upenn ???. and guys please do update if anyone gets an inerview call. will they let us know even if ure not invited for an interveiw

Thanks trintrin and dentluv for helping me with ur suggestions.

@ trintrin - i have my original marksheets but they dont have grades on them, its just a mark sheets with subjects listed. I hope photocpies of my 4 years marksheets + notarize them works out for UPENN .

I have the soft copy of my transcripts, but it says not for official use in it.
I am in doubt if using a print out of it and getting it notarize will work. have no clue though.

hi all, is it too late to apply in UPENN? if i will apply today then is it possible that ADA and toefl will send my score report to program by 1 sep....
Plz reply

hi all, is it too late to apply in UPENN? if i will apply today then is it possible that ADA and toefl will send my score report to program by 1 sep....
Plz reply

I think it is very well possible. Try to report the NBDE score through the online reporting system which will be faster. Once your application is received, it takes about a week for ADA to mail the reports. ETS is very prompt in forwarding the ToEFL scores too. CAAPID is fast too provided all your documents have already reached them. So, your application should be complete within 2 weeks.

Plz reply

hey!! if you have your additional nbde and toefl score reports with you, you can include them in the package. that would be real fast.

Has anyone received interview invitation letter from upenn..they have mentioned early aug for starting interview invites...

That's right.....I hope they would soon!
I too am waiting for one........!!

Hi everybody

I'm loggin in after a long time. Saw this thread. Thought of writing some of my views

Penn does not require 90+. What they need is something exceptional in ur CV

Its rolling admission so people keep getting interview calls till sept

they generally do one interview per week starting sept to end of nov... roughly

they call around 65 applicants for interview. According to my experience.... getting an interview call from penn is the toughest.... if they call u 60% of the battle is won.

add everything in your profile.... dont miss anything. Keep the essays simple and interesting... and dont make them too long. They get lot of applications....

I feel good scores and amazing personal statement is the key to get an interview from PENN

All the best guys.... Hope to see you at penn soon

tk cr

Thanks synodontia for your taking time to share this with all of us who are in the chase now. My questionnaire is pretty long, because i had to list the awards and positions i have been in. is that going to be a negative for my application?

Also i corrected by pen a spelling mistake , as i was short on time to take another print out, i am hell afraid if thats going to show badly on my application.

i know i might sound stupid, but guess, the competition is tough and everybody is really qualified, so dont know what to assume.

Last edited:
Hi drsrn,

Is there an option to forward the official reports online? What is it? is it just that I can request for the oficial reports online and then they send out the actual hard copies to the univ.... or even they send the reports to requested universities online?
Can you help me on this by giving some info? It surely appers to be a fastest way... how long would it take any idea?

Thank you very much in advance.
:)

Anybody has faced this....sending via usps overnight delivery and then the parcel gets delivered after 2 days. I dont see a reason why they charge so much for this fake guarantee !
Just wanted to know some experienced people and whats their opinion on best way to send urgent documents

Hi drsrn,

Is there an option to forward the official reports online? What is it? is it just that I can request for the oficial reports online and then they send out the actual hard copies to the univ.... or even they send the reports to requested universities online?
Can you help me on this by giving some info? It surely appers to be a fastest way... how long would it take any idea?

as far as i know i guess the hard copy has to reach the school office of admissions by any way possible. They dont fax or do anything online i meant the JNCDE when it comes to score reports.

if somebody has more information then it would be nice to learn more

Anybody has faced this....sending via usps overnight delivery and then the parcel gets delivered after 2 days. I dont see a reason why they charge so much for this fake guarantee !
Just wanted to know some experienced people and whats their opinion on best way to send urgent documents

I sent a lot of mails thru USPS and never had any issues with the delivery. I'm not sure if you sent it by express mail or priority mail. Express mail is next day delivery and priority is 2-3 days. I'm guessing you might have sent it thru priority which is a Red color envelope.

Do they inform the application status info through phone if we call them? any prior experiences regarding calling them to get the information?

I sent a lot of mails thru USPS and never had any issues with the delivery. I'm not sure if you sent it by express mail or priority mail. Express mail is next day delivery and priority is 2-3 days. I'm guessing you might have sent it thru priority which is a Red color envelope.

Thanks for getting back. I have never had a problem earlier untill now !
I used express mail and i confirmed online as well as while depositing at the counter, both the ways, i was guaranteed a next day delivery by 12pm. as per rule they should refund the money if not delivered the same day, but no clue how true they are to this rule as well. SIGHSSSS....

Hi drsrn,

Yes it is possible. You need to fill out the online score reporting form and the fees and they will send official copies of your scores to the Univ's requested. I have done it several times and they usually mail the scores to the Univs in a weeks time. Here is the link:
http://ada.org/3379.aspx
It says reporting for Part II but it is applicable to Part I as well. Let me know if you need any further help.

@drsrn,

Thank you very much for the information and the link. it will defintly help.

Hi drsrn,

I asked this to ADA and they replied ''.If you have not taken Part 2 it is not possible to submit the request online.''.

I asked this to ADA and they replied ''.If you have not taken Part 2 it is not possible to submit the request online.''.

I have not taken Part II and have submitted the score requests online for 2 times now and got application completed emails from both the schools. What do you have to say about this?

I have not taken Part II and have submitted the score requests online for 2 times now and got application completed emails from both the schools. What do you have to say about this?
Well I am not arguing against you. Even I wanted to send score request online but didn't find any link so I asked them but ''.Nick Hussong'' from ADA .replied it's not possible without part-2!!
If anybody else has any suggestions they are welcome.....

I never knew this,if so,I would've done too.Is it really possible to request NBDE Part 1 scores online? Because when the link is clicked for score report,it shows a form which has to filled and mailed to Joint commission.

I never knew this,if so,I would've done too.Is it really possible to request NBDE Part 1 scores online? Because when the link is clicked for score report,it shows a form which has to filled and mailed to Joint commission.
When I clicked on that link and after that on part-2 score report, my web browser says ''problem with website's security certificate'' so I didn't go further..

Click on this link and log in and enter all your information. Here it is:
https://ada.org/1635.aspx

Click on this link and log in and enter all your information. Here it is:
https://ada.org/1635.aspx

Thanks for the link drsrn. I could somehow was able to open the link. But yes as harry747 pointed out, it was giving trouble.

After i logged in with my dentpin, it asked me to fill some details but when i submit, each time it says
" This Score report request is for NBDE part II. For details read the Candidate guide" and i am not able to go furthur from there??? i tried 3-4 times but its the same....Is anybody else facing a similar problem???

But if it really accepts online request for part 1, it will really make life easy!!!!

Thanks for the link drsrn. I could somehow was able to open the link. But yes as harry747 pointed out, it was giving trouble.

After i logged in with my dentpin, it asked me to fill some details but when i submit, each time it says
" This Score report request is for NBDE part II. For details read the Candidate guide" and i am not able to go furthur from there??? i tried 3-4 times but its the same....Is anybody else facing a similar problem???

But if it really accepts online request for part 1, it will really make life easy!!!!

Yeah it might have happened but check this link http://ada.org/393.aspx it clearly states that for Part 1 no electronic applications.

hey every one i am also in trouble regarding application to UPenn.On the application form it says that FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION MAIL ALL DOCUMENTS A MONTH IN ADVANCE
is this gonna impact on interview call?im still not done with the questionnaire,althogh i submitted the CAAPId application in end of JUNE?\will I be considered for interview if i send the documents now?

hey every one i am also in trouble regarding application to UPenn.On the application form it says that FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION MAIL ALL DOCUMENTS A MONTH IN ADVANCE
is this gonna impact on interview call?im still not done with the questionnaire,althogh i submitted the CAAPId application in end of JUNE?\will I be considered for interview if i send the documents now?

i would say definitely send the docs,becoz their deadline is sept 1st so there is still time.

hi everyone..can i send nbde part 1 scores that i have in sealed envelope( ordered previously) or is it that it has to be sent from the administrator of the exam. I didnt see any thing mentioned on the website that it has to be manditatorily sent from ADA to the school. Just want to make sure...thanks!!

u can send the nbde score report and also ur toefl score report from ur side. they accept that!!!! only thing is that it should be sealed and not opened...

I wonder when are they going to send invitations for interview? Hopefully by next week...!
Last year I think they started around this time.
Did anyone get an invitation yet?

I wonder when are they going to send invitations for interview? Hopefully by next week...!
Last year I think they started around this time.
Did anyone get an invitation yet?

yes ,they said by early august..hopefully ,they will send us soon.

I just got an interview invitation through regular mail. their interviews will start in september & its only on tuesdays. I have to call them & pick a date. This is my first IV call. so i am very excited & also a little nervous on what to expect there. anyone with past IV experiances pls share so that I know what to prepare for. good luck

I just got an interview invitation through regular mail. their interviews will start in september & its only on tuesdays. I have to call them & pick a date. This is my first IV call. so i am very excited & also a little nervous on what to expect there. anyone with past IV experiances pls share so that I know what to prepare for. good luck

Hey thats good news!! congrats and all the best!!:thumbup:

Hey thats a good news. Congrats and good luck with your interview.
can you share your stats and profile?