U of Washington's EXCOM meeting today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

potuhusky

Will fix broken hearts
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey there all you recent interviewees. just getting the word out that the admissions EXCOM meeting is today and we should know our fate within the next 10 days. udubb is absolutely my #1 and i'm very nervous to find out my fate. i yearn for an acceptance, i fear a rejection, and i don't know if i can stand the torture of being placed in the competitive pool. geting in is geting in, no matter when in the year, but i would really like to save $$$ and my sanity by getting in much earlier! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

This is going to be tough next few days of waiting that will probably extend into the next few months.

My prediction: the dreaded competitive pool! Sorry to be so negative guys, but like 80% of all interviewees are put on this list cuz UW loves to make all but the absolutely stellar applicants wait. Do we even know what stellar applicants are? No, not at all cuz what is classically an amazing applicant to other schools isn't necessarily so to UW. They're picky, weird, and have tastes that cannot be predicted. Honestly I hope you guys do get in straight off the bat cuz I know how it is being on this stupid list. Just relax cuz you just can't do anything at this point. Take it easy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by potuhusky
hey there all you recent interviewees. just getting the word out that the admissions EXCOM meeting is today and we should know our fate within the next 10 days. udubb is absolutely my #1 and i'm very nervous to find out my fate. i yearn for an acceptance, i fear a rejection, and i don't know if i can stand the torture of being placed in the competitive pool. geting in is geting in, no matter when in the year, but i would really like to save $$$ and my sanity by getting in much earlier! :scared:

Doh! It's the second night in a row I couldn't sleep. I feel like a 5 year old trying to sleep the night before Christmas....except in this case, it's quite clear that Santa might definitely leave coal in your stocking.

Originally posted by TravellinDoc
My prediction: the dreaded competitive pool! Sorry to be so negative guys, but like 80% of all interviewees are put on this list cuz UW loves to make all but the absolutely stellar applicants wait. Do we even know what stellar applicants are? No, not at all cuz what is classically an amazing applicant to other schools isn't necessarily so to UW. They're picky, weird, and have tastes that cannot be predicted. Honestly I hope you guys do get in straight off the bat cuz I know how it is being on this stupid list. Just relax cuz you just can't do anything at this point. Take it easy!

It really would be nice to get in right off the bat. Right now is a real tense time but what about if you don't get the 'competitive pool' email the day after the excom meeting. That means you're getting a letter which means you either IN or OUT. If you're local, you get the letter in two days but if you're not...10 days is a LOOOOOOOONG wait. Good luck you guys!

I got the competitive email like 5 days after the meeting I believe. Just relax! If you're on the competitive list, there's still a very good chance you'll get in. The majority of the class is comprised of people from this list. Chill!

TravellinDoc,

Thanks for the info. I probably would have obsessively checked my email all evening. It's tough to chill, but you're right - that's the only thing we can do.

Laurie

I got the competitive email like 5 days after the meeting I believe. Just relax! If you're on the competitive list, there's still a very good chance you'll get in. The majority of the class is comprised of people from this list. Chill!

Thanks for the heads-up

Originally posted by asama527
Doh! It's the second night in a row I couldn't sleep. I feel like a 5 year old trying to sleep the night before Christmas....except in this case, it's quite clear that Santa might definitely leave coal in your stocking.

i feel you... i do think that i'm gonna be one of those 80%ers. but since they have a weird way of accepting applicants, and i'm a weird applicant, i guess i have a shot! i should get my head out of the clouds and be thankful that i'm this far. i have been having trouble sleeping. one thing that is helping is that since i am very likely to be in the competitive pool, i should just accept it now even before knowing for sure b/c its going to be a really long wait... keep me posted everyone!

Just got the email letting me know I'm on the competitive list. On the one hand, I'm psyched that I didn't get rejected, but on the other hand I'm dreading the long wait.

Hey y'all....

Just thought I'd join the UW waiting group... I got competitive list after the first excom meeting.... this time, I may or may not hear anything! gahhhhhhh...

good luck everyone :)

Originally posted by Soccrtrela
Hey y'all....

Just thought I'd join the UW waiting group... I got competitive list after the first excom meeting.... this time, I may or may not hear anything! gahhhhhhh...

good luck everyone :)

Ditto... Good Luck to you all.

ditto ditto ditto
at least it ain't a rejection :)

Anybody know when the next EXCOM meeting is?

Originally posted by hongspruce
Anybody know when the next EXCOM meeting is?

I believe it's January 12th.

Hey asama, what's with stealing my avatar? I know, I know, everyone wants to be me. :D I just can't help it. I think it's a curse, really. :p

Hey asama, what's with stealing my avatar? I know, I know, everyone wants to be me. :D I just can't help it. I think it's a curse, really. :p

I tried to make it a Northwest Airlines avatar but I couldn't get the graphic under 15k. If you see a NWA avatar, it means i somehow succeeded.