This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceQueen66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody knows anything or has any information regarding UAB's OT school interview. I have been trying to look up information but have not found anything. Any information would greatly be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I was wondering if anybody knows anything or has any information regarding UAB's OT school interview. I have been trying to look up information but have not found anything. Any information would greatly be appreciated!

I have mine January 25th. I’d like to know more about how they work and what to expect as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
How do y’all think your interviews went? Do you know when we will know by?

It was my first interview and I thought the questions were straightforward. Initially, I was nervous about the interview but the students and faculty made sure I was calm. How did you think it went? They said in February.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought it went well. I am disappointed bc I didn’t realize out of state was so much higher for them. Initially I was thinking it was around 75 but apparently out of state is actually almost double that so I think I’m going to have to cross them off my list either way, there’s cheaper options. Other than that I really liked it. They were super nice and the interview was so much easier than I thought! Do y’all have any other interviews? I have one for Wesley next week

It was my first interview and I thought the questions were straightforward. Initially, I was nervous about the interview but the students and faculty made sure I was calm. How did you think it went? They said in February.
I think it went well too! I’m really hoping they might start calling people on Friday just because I hate the waiting

I also got the call early Tuesday morning! Anyone put down there deposit yet? I know we only have 72 hours.

I also got the call early Tuesday morning! Anyone put down there deposit yet? I know we only have 72 hours.
Hi I'm applying next year cumulative GPA is 3.87 I'm taking my gre tomorrow but I'm bad at standardized tests do you think my GPA would help?

Hi guys,
I'm taking pre rec classes this spring for OT school and working as a personal trainer. I graduated in December and I have a 3.87 GPA. I've shadowed 100 hours in three different setting and I plan to shadow at least 100 more. I also will have three excellent letters of rec. I have an family member who is a doctor at UAB and I plan to ask him to write one for me as well. However, I am terrible at standardized tests. I have a small reading disability that makes standardized tests difficult. I took a practice test and got a 290 total 4 on writing. If I had this gre score could my GPA potentially help me? Anyone get accepted with a 290 or close? Anyone mind posting their stats?

Hi I'm applying next year cumulative GPA is 3.87 I'm taking my gre tomorrow but I'm bad at standardized tests do you think my GPA would help?
I think it'll depend on a lot of stuff, like experiences you've had and your personal statement. If everything is strong except the GRE score I think you'll definitely have a great chance!

Hi guys,
I'm taking pre rec classes this spring for OT school and working as a personal trainer. I graduated in December and I have a 3.87 GPA. I've shadowed 100 hours in three different setting and I plan to shadow at least 100 more. I also will have three excellent letters of rec. I have an family member who is a doctor at UAB and I plan to ask him to write one for me as well. However, I am terrible at standardized tests. I have a small reading disability that makes standardized tests difficult. I took a practice test and got a 290 total 4 on writing. If I had this gre score could my GPA potentially help me? Anyone get accepted with a 290 or close? Anyone mind posting their stats?
Sorry I just read your second post too! Your shadowing is great, you have more than me already! They don't really tell you how they weigh in the GRE scores, I had a 4 on writing also, but my total was 307. Work really hard on your personal statement and maybe even talk about how your learning disability has affected your life and I think you'll be fine!

Congrats on getting in! I'm applying for the next cycle at UAB and taking pre-reqs now. Would you mind sharing your stats!

Thanks!