UAB interview was on 9/16. Haven't heard back. Should I be worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kayla89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I had my interview on 9/16/11 for UABSO and I haven't heard back from them. My gpa is 3.62 and OAT scores are super low ; AA 300 and TS 290. I'm very involved on campus and I have a part time job. I think my interview went well. When I talked to a guy on the admissions board he said it seems like my scores are the only thing that may hold me back. I'm going to retake it in December. I hope all of the spots don't fill up before I retake this; I know there are only around 45 students that get accepted each year. Should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I had my interview on 9/16/11 for UABSO and I haven't heard back from them. My gpa is 3.62 and OAT scores are super low ; AA 300 and TS 290. I'm very involved on campus and I have a part time job. I think my interview went well. When I talked to a guy on the admissions board he said it seems like my scores are the only thing that may hold me back. I'm going to retake it in December. I hope all of the spots don't fill up before I retake this; I know there are only around 45 students that get accepted each year. Should I be worried?

I would not start to worry just yet. They can be really slow about responding. Their interview panel does not meet on a defined regular basis like some other schools. Also, there are actually around 60-65 that are accepted each year because not everyone who gets accepted goes.