UB - Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jzedge

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So whats up fellas? Where is the mighty UB Class of 2011?? Has everyone found a place to live yet? I'm probably staying in the campus apartments for at least the first year. Let's get to know each other before school starts. There's only ~ a month left! And if you got facebook, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2426272245 :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey what's up. I'm going to UB this fall. Living at the Creekside Apartments.

Yeah same here. Although frankly they only gave me two choices. Creekside looks pretty far away from the school campus. Are you familiar with the campus buses? How about everyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not familiar with the bus system and I only got 2 choices as well. It's closer then it looks on the school map though and the apartments are very nice.

local guy, i am living at home. commuting every day.

That sounds pretty sweet, Quiksilver. Hope you live pretty close to campus :). Seems like everyone I know who goes to school there recommends a car asap. Can anyone add some insight to this? Thanks.

Hey everyone, I am moving back to Buffalo, I have been living in SC for the past 3 years, Buffalo is my hometown. I'll be living with my parents again....wish me luck! The creekside apartments are really close to the north campus BUT I would strongly suggest a car. I am not sure how the bus system works, I have never used it. It is pretty hard to get around without a car. I joined the facebook group....hope to get to meet you all soon!

cars are great, i am sure you all are aware that this isn't NYC, morning commutes don't take longer then 20 minutes from anywhere in the area

Good luck finding parking to commuters. I always got their early... I hated that part of UB.

Good luck finding parking to commuters. I always got their early... I hated that part of UB.

Couldn't get any worse then it was at canisius. The closest parking was about a half mile away from the campus. And the city streets make it feel like you are walking down a wind tunnel in feb.

Couldn't get any worse then it was at canisius. The closest parking was about a half mile away from the campus. And the city streets make it feel like you are walking down a wind tunnel in feb.

Haha, I also went to Canisius. Parking totally sucked! It was so cold in the winter...:eek:

I'd recommend having a car, especially for pharm school, because you'll prolly have classes at both campuses, north and south. But yea parking is brutal from 11am - 3pm.

Haha, I also went to Canisius. Parking totally sucked! It was so cold in the winter...:eek:

oh my god, yes. That was the worse. Walking around, and the bio building is separate from everything else. MAN that sucked. I am glad that is over with. Buffalo is, like i said, the city of 20 minute commute. It is easy to get around for sure.

hey.. i will b seeing you guys there too.. i m living on springville...its walking dist to the south campus.. so i m not gonna get a car for atleast a sem.. i hope i dont need it..neone living off campus?

hey.. i will b seeing you guys there too.. i m living on springville...its walking dist to the south campus.. so i m not gonna get a car for atleast a sem.. i hope i dont need it..neone living off campus?

wsup class of 2011, Im also living off campus, its quite affordable a mile or two from both campuses. My only concern is the infamous parking hullaballoo for commuters.

Creekside's the best side!

I got my undergrad at Buffalo. The parking sucks worse than the weather, especially during the 9am-1pm time period. You always have to be at the lot towards the end of the hour, when people leave.

There are a bunch of decent apartments in the area, near both campuses. London Towne, Chestnut Ridge, and Boulevard Towers are all nice apartments with decent prices. DO NOT live at Campus Manor (by Daemen College). Mold grows on the walls. Kensington Village isn't bad, the apartments are pretty crappy but the rent is cheap.

The on-campus apartments have shuttle bus services.

I'm dying for some Elmo's honey dijon wings...:(

So, how 'bout them Board of Pharmacy meeting dates?

I think they're only available if you call the OP, and that's how he'll know we called. :thumbup:

I'm just calling them and giving someone else's name.