UBC Pharmacy 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey you guys, I've been panicking for the last few days so I finally called the admissions office. They said the emails will be sent out end of this week or beginning of next week.. so it looks like we have quite a bit of more waiting to do 🙁

Thanks for the update!

guess I can calm down for today..
 
Hey you guys, I've been panicking for the last few days so I finally called the admissions office. They said the emails will be sent out end of this week or beginning of next week.. so it looks like we have quite a bit of more waiting to do 🙁
Thanks for calling!!!!! 😀 Now I won't have to obsessively check my email anymore... at least not today. I swear, I probably check it like 20 times a day LOL.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey you guys, I've been panicking for the last few days so I finally called the admissions office. They said the emails will be sent out end of this week or beginning of next week.. so it looks like we have quite a bit of more waiting to do 🙁

Hey, I've got a bit of a dumb question. When they say the end of this week, do they mean friday, or the weekend? ><
 
Hey, I've got a bit of a dumb question. When they say the end of this week, do they mean friday, or the weekend? ><

well...a week in the faculty in pharmacy is like a normal person year...so maybe by Christmas? Jk i have no clue but it feels like 5 ever.
 
Hey, I've got a bit of a dumb question. When they say the end of this week, do they mean friday, or the weekend? ><
Heh, I'd take it to mean Thursday/Friday or Monday/Tuesday 🙂

So pretty much keep stressing for the next week until it finally comes 🙁
 
I know you will probably check your email more often now, but I received my acceptance email before 9am last year 9 days after the interviews.
 
I know you will probably check your email more often now, but I received my acceptance email before 9am last year 9 days after the interviews.


yeah its taking them longer this year for some reason. I'm not even gonna bother checking email anymore. Its sad.
 
I seriously need to delete this forum from my bookmarks. I can't stop clicking on it!!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got it as well! 😀😀😀😀😀😀

Congrats to whoever got in and good luck to the folks who haven't received it!

See you in september!
 
I just received the email as well!

Sincere thanks to all of you guys on the forums who took the time to practice with me, I hope you got your offers of admission too.

See you guys in September!
 
Accepted!!! I'm actually tearing up right now. What an amazing feeling!

Here are my stats for comparison purposes:

GPA: 79
PCAT: 85
ECs: some sports and clubs, work experience and 1wk pharmacy volunteering. Nothing too mind blowing.
MMI: walked out feeling good, 8/10 stations went reasonably well. Knowing your medical ethics should come in handy, I found.

Also may have gotten underrepresented preference (from the Kootenays)

I can't wait to go to school in September! See you all there! 🙂
 
Anyone else not hear from them yet? Neither acceptance, waitlist, nor rejection?
 
Last edited:
Congrats guys!!! Got in as well;
here are my stats for future applicants too, though I'll definitely continue being active on this forum too.
Pre-req GPA: 76.7%
First year my pre-req GPA was 71 and I was pretty choked but things started looking up second and third year.
PCAT 82. First time I took it I got a 64 and had to retake.
EC: pharmacy work and hospital volunteering, serving/hostess + sales associate experience, a couple of ubc clubs.

See you guys in September!!!

Edit: Arora you might be wait listed, stay strong for now
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, because I know some sunday people who got in. Probably a bunch of people will decline and they re offer, and maybe they didn't give out All 224 spots not sure, maybe perhaps phone them for more details.
 
I'm thinking they might not give out all 224 spots as of right now (or hope lol), so lets hope we get a spot early next week.
 
They are running behind their normal schedule for sending out emails, so maybe they only sent out emails to the first 100 or so applicants selected and they're still trying to select the rest.

Which is weird, since from previous threads here it sounds like all emails got sent out at the same time.

Hoping the best for everyone that is still waiting.
 
They are running behind their normal schedule for sending out emails, so maybe they only sent out emails to the first 100 or so applicants selected and they're still trying to select the rest.

Which is weird, since from previous threads here it sounds like all emails got sent out at the same time.

Hoping the best for everyone that is still waiting.

How did you find that out 😳 ?!
 
Just got accepted. Wanted to let everyone know that if you keep trying hard for something your passionate about, good things will happen.
I am an older student (27) and after taking 4 years off from school i decided to go back. Been a pharm tech for 3 years with a gpa of 71 and pcat of 76 so anything is possible!
Keep at it and you shall be rewarded! Cheers! Look forward to seeing everyone in september!
 
How did you find that out 😳 ?!

Well, I'm just guessing. I figure that with so many people viewing this thread more people would be saying they got accepted, but there hasn't been too many. Also, the mention of "Round 2" emails made me think not all the acceptance emails have been sent out.
 
i don't understand why they won't send out all the emails at the same time.. congrats to those who've already gotten it though 🙂
 
Well, I'm just guessing. I figure that with so many people viewing this thread more people would be saying they got accepted, but there hasn't been too many. Also, the mention of "Round 2" emails made me think not all the acceptance emails have been sent out.


True, and no rejection letters yet as well 😀
 
Here's my stats:

GPA: 77
PCAT: 91
EC: Volunteered for a year at a mental hospital
Also out of province (Ontario), but already have a 4 year bachelor's degree from another university.
MMI: 8 out of 10 went well for me (I think)

Anyone know good places to rent apartments around campus?
 
I too just got the email! I'm seriously on an adrenaline rush! Congrats to all that got admissions and i hope for the best for all of you who are on waiting list! wooo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why aren't they sending them out tomorrow?

Yeah, that confuses me too. Should give everyone an update perhaps? I'm hoping only have half got selected and then the other half come early next week. But if it's a wait list situation then... See you next year folks!

Congratz to everyone who got in!
 
round 2??? why can't they just send out all the emails at the same time???
or at least let ppl know what is going on....this is so annoying🙁(
 
Also got in! Although nearly had a scare the email went to junk mail!!

Out of province student as well (toronto)
99 pcat
3.6/4.0 GPS about 83%
MMI went well for 6/9
Already have a degree in chemistry.
For extracurriculars - pharmacy experience volunteering, lots of peer mentoring, research in Germany, and teaching in Peru, Teaching study groups for first year students

Ah! I'm excited. Did you guys reply that you accepted the offer? Or is that online?
 
Last edited: