UBC Pharmacy 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know how many people are waitlisted?
Also, would OOP's have much slimmer chance of getting in? How many OOPs were interviewed?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many people are waitlisted?
Also, would OOP's have much slimmer chance of getting in? How many OOPs were interviewed?

Not sure about the first one. But I do think OOP have a little harder time getting in.
 
As we patiently await our fate, can someone please give me some clarification on what the province of residence is? In my case, I live in BC but I went to school in Ontario so would I be considered out of province or not?
 
Today is the 10th day for the first-day interviewees but tomorrow will be the 10th day for the second-day batch. It's probably gonna be tomorrow. But I want to know now 🙁 I'm going crazy 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As we patiently await our fate, can someone please give me some clarification on what the province of residence is? In my case, I live in BC but I went to school in Ontario so would I be considered out of province or not?

I think this depends how long you've lived in BC?
 
I think this depends how long you've lived in BC?
Oh I see! I've lived in BC for 7 years. I was just worried because the FAQs on the UBC pharmacy website said that a province of residence is the province you are in at the time of application. The thing is what do they consider the time of application because I was in Ontario in January and I've been in BC since May. Anyways, I'll just wait and see what happens.
 
As we patiently await our fate, can someone please give me some clarification on what the province of residence is? In my case, I live in BC but I went to school in Ontario so would I be considered out of province or not?

I'm pretty sure it's based on the address you put down on your application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think we might have to wait till the end of the week maybe? Thought it was going to be today for sure, because don't some students have to put the deposit down for housing?
 
They could come this afternoon. So... Grab a cup of tea, watch a movie, play a game. They will come!
 
A friend said that someone asked the admissions people and confirmed that emails would be sent out today
 
Hey you guys, I've been panicking for the last few days so I finally called the admissions office. They said the emails will be sent out end of this week or beginning of next week.. so it looks like we have quite a bit of more waiting to do 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they probably anticipated to take longer than previous years for some unknown reason. that's probably why our interviews were earlier than last year
 
alright, time to pack it up for today then,
we can all resume breaking our F5 keys tomorrow sighs....
(why hello there squirtle)
 
Last edited: