UC Applicants: Post updates here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here...Interviewed @ end of Feb and have been on hold for a while. I called the admissions yesterday and it looks like our status isn't going to change until May 15th. That's when we will either be rejected or put on the alternate list.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible that UCI decided not to accept anyone after February until all the interviews are over (April 24th)? If this is true, wouldn't we also have a chance to be accepted on May 15th and not necessarily be rejected or put on the alternate list? (trying to think positively :) )

That's a possibility. But, I just wanted to tell you guys what Gayle told me over the phone. When asked if on Hold meant that I was on the waitlist, she said that they don't have a waitlist yet and that I would know by May 15th, at which point they'll have an alternate list. So, I'll either be placed on that or get rejected. From what she said, you have to be in the alternate list to be accepted later on. But, let's hope that some of us interviewed after jan will receive some acceptances before May 15th. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
any word of how the alternate list works? is it ranked? I know quite a few people get in off of it, but thats I know.

I think that the alternate list is ranked in groups. There is a lower, mid and upper ranking group we can belong to. I just hope that they will let us know what rank we are in, so that if we are in the lower rank we won't be as hopeful as if we are in the upper rank.

check the status page if you haven't interviewed yet.
+pissed+ final decisions were mailed on on 4/24. so the rumors were true all along of 4/24 being last interview date.

Thanks for the heads up, Yogi Bear. Well, back to the drawing board I guess.

... seems to be moving (maybe it always was, though?). Anyway, thought some folks might be interested. Contacted via e-mail.

is the ucsd waitlist ranked?

I don't know if it's ranked, but I think this week they're going through and picking people to accept and reject off the A-list.

So no one has been taken off the A-list this week?

I called Mrs. Whitson this week and she told me that UCSD's class is filled as of now. She also said that we should hear from them by the end of May as to our status on the a-pool, that is, whether we are on the waitlist or rejected. They actually rank the a-pool, but the waitlist is unranked. Hope that helps.

a-pool = alternate list??

i got an email frpm the recently taking me off their acceptable list and putting me ontheir altenate list? is this list ranked?

Ugh, I didn't get any email from UCSD about the acceptable pool. When did you get the email? Sorry, I don't know if anything there is ranked.

i got it on 5/21. i think they are taking their time to send out news.

Can you tell us what your email says? I just got an email stating to call a number, which I will do tomorrow.

Originally posted by tekram
a-pool = alternate list??

i got an email frpm the recently taking me off their acceptable list and putting me ontheir altenate list? is this list ranked?

Ooooh, I'm sure you're in! Congrats! I haven't gotten the email, but I heard it's very brief and says basically: So-and-so, we have news for you. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Originally posted by mystic_b
Ooooh, I'm sure you're in! Congrats! I haven't gotten the email, but I heard it's very brief and says basically: So-and-so, we have news for you. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx.

So I called this morning and YEAHHHHHHHHHhh I am IN! Sooo excited! Good luck mystic_b, I hope to see you there in the fall. =)

Hi,

Could someone clarify for me what the difference between being in the waitlist vs being in the alternate list is?

I was placed in the alternate list and I am wondering how big it is and whether it is ranked.

TIA,

DRE