UC Berkeley Extension Professor Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkgirl432

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone taken a course with either Elena Rodriguez or Hardeep Kaur? I am looking to take
INTEGBI X109 - Mammalian Systemic Physiology with Elena Rodriguez and MCELLBI X134 - Medical Microbiology with Hardeep Kaur. However, I can't seem to find reviews for any course for either of them. If someone could give me some insight it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also looking at MCELLBI X134 - Medical Microbiology with Hardeep Kaur. Can't seem to find anything on Rate My Professor.

I'm also looking at MCELLBI X134 - Medical Microbiology with Hardeep Kaur. Can't seem to find anything on Rate My Professor.
Me neither..I've tried everything but can't find any info. Let me know if you do find something!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also taking Micro with Hardeep Kaur next semester. A friend of mine took the course with her years back, so she's not a new professor-- no idea why she doesn't have ratings online. My buddy said the class was decent and fair but didn't have much else to add. He pulled a B in it, but he's not pre-med and I don't get the sense he had a real drive in the course.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am new to SDN and UC Berkeley Extensions. Anyone taken Dr. Nidhi Ahuja specifically for MCELLBI X116 Cell Biology has any advice? I have read many negative reviews about her biochemistry class but on ratemyprofessor her ratings from cell biology students are slightly higher, so I want to be sure.

More curious about if the class load was manageable? planning to take it with GRE prep and full-time internship.

Thanks!

No comment on Ahuja, but I took Cell Bio last Fall with Dragana Antic and she was amazing. I mean it was hell, as a new teacher coming from decades of research, her expectations on how long exams should take us was unreasonable and her lectures were very dense. But she worked with us to figure out what was reasonable, changed exam dates, provided (really hard) extra credit, etc. because her goal was not so much to assess us as it was for us to learn. And holy smokes do you learn, which is great because cell bio is a ridiculously high yield topic for the MCAT. She's teaching Cell Bio again in the Fall (in Belmont, if that matters) and I would highly recommend her if you can swing it.