UC Consortium 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10thousandhours

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread considering the applications open very soon. Good luck everyone!

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 12.36.22 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to you too! What are everyone's stats and top choices? :)

Im in the process of applying now!

Has anyone finished and submitted their app yet?

Last edited:
I've completed everything but the essays haha. I am trying to submit it soon because of the rolling basis!
I'm in the exact same position. Need to start and finish my personal statement ASAP but I find it soooo hard to write about myself especially given the short length! The rolling basis is making me nervous :/

I'm in the exact same position. Need to start and finish my personal statement ASAP but I find it soooo hard to write about myself especially given the short length! The rolling basis is making me nervous :/

SAME! To everything that you said haha. Also I'm nervous because I read somewhere that only 10% of applicants are accepted? Yikes...

Reactions: 1 user
How did you all do your letters of rec? I was going to use interfolio but with the 48 bucks to send to one place, doesn't really seem worth it to me. Also do you know if the statement of confidentiality is needed for letters that are sent via interfolio? Since we waive our rights on interfolio I figured we wouldn't need to also send the statement of conf but I'm not sure.

I am using Interfolio; it is just the most convenient method for my recommenders. Yeah I assumed that using Interfolio would imply that it is confidential to them but I'm not quite sure

How did you all do your letters of rec? I was going to use interfolio but with the 48 bucks to send to one place, doesn't really seem worth it to me. Also do you know if the statement of confidentiality is needed for letters that are sent via interfolio? Since we waive our rights on interfolio I figured we wouldn't need to also send the statement of conf but I'm not sure.
If you clicked on the confidential bubble when you requested the letter on Interfolio then it should be sent out with the confidentiality statement.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else have a little trouble classifying some classes when inputting it onto the application? For example, would you classify a Molecular Pharmacology class (through dept. of pharmaceutical sciences) as a biology or health science? Would the adcoms possibly look negatively on your application if you happen to misclassify a class or two?

Did anyone else have a little trouble classifying some classes when inputting it onto the application? For example, would you classify a Molecular Pharmacology class (through dept. of pharmaceutical sciences) as a biology or health science? Would the adcoms possibly look negatively on your application if you happen to misclassify a class or two?

I would classify it has health science to be on the safe side. I am under the impression that the class has to be "Biology ##" to be classified as a biology class. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong...

Members don't see this ad :)
Can my quarter system people please let me know how to convert units to transcript credit hours? :)

Finally submitted my application today! Is anyone applying to any other California programs outside of the consortium?

Hi everyone, I'm applying as well. Good luck in the process and whatever section you're on!

Hello everyone, I just sent in my application to UCD, UCI and UCR on Tuesday like many others. I have a bit of an obsessive personality, especially with medicine, and read the previous years forums on UC postbaccs. If this helps, it looks like January apps, permitting you met the requirements, get interviews late February early March. On average it has also taken them roughly two weeks to upload mailed in materials and within a week for interfolio. Thanks, and good luck!

Hello everyone, I just sent in my application to UCD, UCI and UCR on Tuesday like many others. I have a bit of an obsessive personality, especially with medicine, and read the previous years forums on UC postbaccs. If this helps, it looks like January apps, permitting you met the requirements, get interviews late February early March. On average it has also taken them roughly two weeks to upload mailed in materials and within a week for interfolio. Thanks, and good luck!

Hahah I've also been reading the previous blogs!
It also says UCI is usually the first one to respond and UCR the last one

Hahah I've also been reading the previous blogs!
It also says UCI is usually the first one to respond and UCR the last one

Right on! I wouldn't mind going to UCI, or any of the three I applied to for that matter. Fingers crossed! Where are you hoping to get in?

Do all of the schools in the consortium interview??
Wondering this too? I looked on the FAQ and it says each school contacts individually about interviews and acceptances, but doesn't specify if they all do interviews. That being said, I know UCI interviews for sure, and also seems like they would all interview for this type of program. Anyone else know the answer?

I finally just submitted my application to all except UCLA. I really hope I get in somewhere, anywhere. *sigh* Good luck to everyone! Please post updates if you get interviews or acceptances!

Reactions: 2 users
Finally submitted my application today! Is anyone applying to any other California programs outside of the consortium?
I was considering cal states as a backup option to enhance my GPA before applying to med school. Also going to look into SMP now since I have this app out of the way. Anyone else want to share programs to look into besides UC's?

I was considering cal states as a backup option to enhance my GPA before applying to med school. Also going to look into SMP now since I have this app out of the way. Anyone else want to share programs to look into besides UC's?
I'm also really interested in the Georgetown GEMS program. I don't know if any of you heard of it before. You basically take first year medical school courses and I think around 70% of that class get admitted to Georgetown Medical School. You'd have to double check the stats on that though. I was going to apply to that, but I haven't taken physics, so I don't qualify, unfortunately.

I'm working on the UPenn and Drexel apps right now but they aren't due for a while. My dream is UCSF though!

I finally just submitted my application to all except UCLA. I really hope I get in somewhere, anywhere. *sigh* Good luck to everyone! Please post updates if you get interviews or acceptances!
Good luck!! My application got marked complete on the 30th. I'm hoping to hear back in 2-3 weeks to see if I get some traction

Good luck!! My application got marked complete on the 30th. I'm hoping to hear back in 2-3 weeks to see if I get some traction

Mine is complete now too! Such a relief. I was looking through the consortium forum posts from last year and it looks like most people are accepted in late May/ early June

Hi all! New to this forum, and just had a quick question. When you guys say that your app is complete, does that include your letters of rec?? I gave my professors the deadline of March 14th, so I'm not sure if I need to request that they send it in even earlier? Thanks!

Hi all! New to this forum, and just had a quick question. When you guys say that your app is complete, does that include your letters of rec?? I gave my professors the deadline of March 14th, so I'm not sure if I need to request that they send it in even earlier? Thanks!
Hi, I would definitely suggest you get them in earlier. It takes them at least 10 days to upload to your file and I don't believe it's considered complete until everything is received. Meaning they won't send it to any schools until your file is complete. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes definitely send it earlier. I recommend about 2 weeks prior to the deadline. My LORs weren't marked as received until like 10 days after I sent them!

Neurologyplzzz is correct. Don't panic though, most important thing is you have a good application to send forth. I would let your letter writers know that the schools admit on a rolling basis and to get them done before or by mid February.

Mine is complete now too! Such a relief. I was looking through the consortium forum posts from last year and it looks like most people are accepted in late May/ early June
I would go as far as saying an acceptance could be as early as March, especially having turned in your application early. Either way the wait is not much longer in the grand scheme of things. Best of luck to you. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing! =)

I would go as far as saying an acceptance could be as early as March, especially having turned in your application early. Either way the wait is not much longer in the grand scheme of things. Best of luck to you. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing! =)

Yes for sure. I saw a couple posts about UCI acceptances in March. Most UCSF/UCD acceptance posts were very late though but we'll see how this years cycle plays out. Thank you! Keep us updated with how you're doing as well :)

Ugh....Can we just fast forward a month already and see if we got an interview lol

Hi, I would definitely suggest you get them in earlier. It takes them at least 10 days to upload to your file and I don't believe it's considered complete until everything is received. Meaning they won't send it to any schools until your file is complete. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Gotcha! Thank you so much! Also thanks to 10thousandhours and Ijustwannabesedated as well!

Just submitted my app! Good luck everyone! :)

Just submitted my app! Good luck everyone! :)
Nice!!!! Got that early submission. Keep us updated and good luck!

Oh, and btw if anyone wonders why I'm on here so much, I'm studying for the MCAT and literally never leave my desk lol.