UC Consortium 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! I was wondering, does going through this program highly increase chances of being accepted to a California medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all! Since UCI is already handing out interviews, if I haven't received one yet should I be worried? My application was considered complete on Feb. 8. UCI is my goal school and i'm getting a little nervous right now since I haven't heard back :(

Hey everyone! I was wondering, does going through this program highly increase chances of being accepted to a California medical school?
Hello! If you do well in the program and show great improvement, I believe it'll help with getting into California schools along with other medical schools. A current med student told me that admissions counselors will weigh your postbacc GPA more heavily than your undergrad GPA when considering your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! Since UCI is already handing out interviews, if I haven't received one yet should I be worried? My application was considered complete on Feb. 8. UCI is my goal school and i'm getting a little nervous right now since I haven't heard back :(
My application was marked complete on January 30th and I still haven't heard back either. I wouldn't worry, in part because of the stress, but mostly because the majority of interviews are given in march for UCI. Whatever happens at this point is out of our hands. We have to focus on the bigger picture and that's doing everything we can to become a better applicant. We got this!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks everyone. But to be honest, I don't think anyone should put themselves higher or lower based on when they get an interview or even personal stats. As long as you meet the requirements for getting in, you should be fine. Think deeply as to why you want to be a doctor because that desire or lack thereof will manifest itself in the interview. I strongly believe that is the most important part of this process. The goal of these programs is to meet you where your at and build you into the best applicant you can be. Stay confident, stay motivated and more likely than not, everything will work itself out.

So I'm studying for the MCAT right now and I'm hoping to nail it out of the frickin park before the programs start (if I get in). I'm planning on applying this summer but that might be subject to change. If I get into UCI, my hope is to be done with the program after winter quarter, which will leave me plenty time to evaluate or possibly be interviewing.

Thank you for these words of encouragement! Application was marked complete today, good luck everyone!

My application was marked complete on January 30th and I still haven't heard back either. I wouldn't worry, in part because of the stress, but mostly because the majority of interviews are given in march for UCI. Whatever happens at this point is out of our hands. We have to focus on the bigger picture and that's doing everything we can to become a better applicant. We got this!
Thank you for this :) It made me feel a lot better!

How do you all feel about UCI having MCAT prep next spring instead of summer??? i feel like if i take the MCAT next spring i can't apply to med schools next spring. or am i wrong ?

Just had a couple of questions, to those of you have submitted letters of rec through interfolio how did you go about having interfolio send it to the Consortium? Little confused as the online portal doesn't have anything that says anything about that. Would we do the mail delivery option offered by interfolio?

How do you all feel about UCI having MCAT prep next spring instead of summer??? i feel like if i take the MCAT next spring i can't apply to med schools next spring. or am i wrong ?
You need to meet the prereqs and have an MCAT score, so you either can take the MCAT before the post bacc starts and apply this summer, or you can apply next summer.

Just had a couple of questions, to those of you have submitted letters of rec through interfolio how did you go about having interfolio send it to the Consortium? Little confused as the online portal doesn't have anything that says anything about that. Would we do the mail delivery option offered by interfolio?
You are going to want to choose the by mail option that interfolio offers.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You need to meet the prereqs and have an MCAT score, so you either can take the MCAT before the post bacc starts and apply this summer, or you can apply next summer.
so if i take the MCAT next summer i can still apply to med schools at that time??

You are going to want to choose the by mail option that interfolio offers.
Awesome did that yesterday using the address they provided on the portal to the "central office".
UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium
UC Davis School of Medicine
4610 X Street, Suite 4101
Sacramento, CA 95817

Last edited:
so if i take the MCAT next summer i can still apply to med schools at that time??
Yes, to avoid confusion lets put it like this.

If you want to apply summer 2018 have an MCAT score by June ish 2018.
If you want to apply summer 2019 have an MCAT score by June ish 2019.

It's the same time frame, just keep in mind an MCAT score takes 30 days to get back so your application can be completed at the earliest by the end of 30 days post MCAT test.

Awesome did that yesterday using the address they provided on the portal to the "central office".
UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium
UC Davis School of Medicine
4610 X Street, Suite 4101
Sacramento, CA 95817
Perfecto!!!!

Did you all receive any notification when your application was marked complete? Mine marked complete last week, but I haven't received any other kind of notification.

Did you all receive any notification when your application was marked complete? Mine marked complete last week, but I haven't received any other kind of notification.

No, they do not send you any notification for that. I had to log in to my application every day to check on the status.

It's the same time frame, just keep in mind an MCAT score takes 30 days to get back so your application can be completed at the earliest by the end of 30 days post MCAT test.
thank you soooooooo much!!!! now i feel better about UCI !

Thank you sooo much for this clarification!

Hello all! Thanks for creating this thread!

I am extremely nervous and anxious, as I just submitted on app online on Feb. 22nd, and only one of my LOR has been received. My app is still pending and the other 2 LORs still have not been received yet!

Would my app be automatically rejected if they received the 2 remaining LORs after the deadline on March 14th?

Thanks.. >__<

Hello all! Thanks for creating this thread!

I am extremely nervous and anxious, as I just submitted on app online on Feb. 22nd, and only one of my LOR has been received. My app is still pending and the other 2 LORs still have not been received yet!

Would my app be automatically rejected if they received the 2 remaining LORs after the deadline on March 14th?

Thanks.. >__<

I am so sorry this happened to you. But don't stress out too much, if your LORs arrive at the Consortium before the deadline, you are still fine. You are still considered on time for the cycle and will not be automatically rejected. However, it might hurt you a bit with UCI as it is on a rolling basis. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
My application was marked complete on January 30th. I haven’t any kind of notification since. Has anyone heard or receive an interview from Davis?

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know how long after you application is marked complete each school takes to invite someone for an interview?
Does anyone know how the applications are processed? Are there specific people that read the apps or is it doctors and students ? Is it the consortium at UC Davis that reviews them or at each school? I called the consortium and UCI and they both told me to call the other so I came here.

When do you guys thing UCR will start handing out interviews?

When do you guys thing UCR will start handing out interviews?

From what I heard, UCR will be the last one to send out invitation. And they give a lot of priorities to Riverside residence

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know how long after you application is marked complete each school takes to invite someone for an interview?
Does anyone know how the applications are processed? Are there specific people that read the apps or is it doctors and students ? Is it the consortium at UC Davis that reviews them or at each school? I called the consortium and UCI and they both told me to call the other so I came here.

Applications will be reviewed at each school and they will hand out interview invitation. UCI always the first one to finish their cohort (interviews in March and early April and they finalized their cohort in end-April). UCR usually the last and a lot of ppl actually never heard from them :(

From what I heard, UCR will be the last one to send out invitation. And they give a lot of priorities to Riverside residence
I heard the same thing regarding their preference. Its my biggest issue with UCR. :(

For those who got interviews how long after you submitted your app were you contacted for interviews?

Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble finding the website to view the status of my application, did the site change?
Thanks!

Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble finding the website to view the status of my application, did the site change?
Thanks!
you're right! I'm not able to log in either. the link to the post bacc program redirects me to the UCD main page..

I've sent my transcripts from my UC and community college and still waiting on the community college one to be received. If they receive it after the deadline will my application be automatically rejected? Can't access their page atm, since I think it's down for maintenance

I've sent my transcripts from my UC and community college and still waiting on the community college one to be received. If they receive it after the deadline will my application be automatically rejected? Can't access their page atm, since I think it's down for maintenance
You should be fine as long as it's in the mail. It is probably in a giant stack at UC Davis just waiting to be uploaded.

For those who got interviews how long after you submitted your app were you contacted for interviews?
I submitted on January 31st. Was marked complete on Feb 20, offered an interview at UCI on Feb 26 via email, scheduled for March 19.

Haha, that's what I'm hoping. Appreciate all the help :)
I would definitely contact the consortium or confirm with the delivery service you used just in case because if your application is not complete by March 14, UCI will not review your application because unlike the other institutions, UCIs deadline for ALL applicants is the 14th. This is what they told me anyway....

Finally got everything in and marked complete since March 6th. Now the waiting game!!!

I would definitely contact the consortium or confirm with the delivery service you used just in case because if your application is not complete by March 14, UCI will not review your application because unlike the other institutions, UCIs deadline for ALL applicants is the 14th. This is what they told me anyway....
Will do! Annoyingly, the portal is still down atm for maintenance, hopefully this gets resolved by tomorrow.

If you requested your transcripts for CCs from national student clearing house you can track your transcript up until they mail it.

Is there a number or email I can contact to let them know their system has been down for over a day now? Lol, getting nervous.

Is there a number or email I can contact to let them know their system has been down for over a day now? Lol, getting nervous.

Don't worry. They know that their system is down for over the day. I called the Consortium and they said they are working on fixing it. You can actually call them to ask for the update of your applicaiton's documents. Hope this help!

Anyone have the consortiums phone number? I want to check on the status of my application

"The Postbac Application Site is currently under maintenance. The site should be back up soon.
Due to the maintenance, the deadline for applications will be extended.
Please check back frequently for more information"

I am not sure if this helps anyone but if you did not submit your app, you still have some more time to get it in.

low-key freaking out because the site is down and I have yet to finish my application. :oops:+pity+ Is anyone here in a similar situation? I am applying to UCSF, UCD, UCI, UCR. My #1 choice is UCSF though!!! **dream school since foreva**:love::luck:

Does anyone know if the extension of the application includes letters of recommendation? I'm still waiting on one letter and am nervous it won't make it before Wednesday ):

Does anyone know if the extension of the application includes letters of recommendation? I'm still waiting on one letter and am nervous it won't make it before Wednesday ):
Believe it applies for everything. As the letter of rec is a part of your application. The question is, how much will they extend the deadline by? End of the month? A day? However long they've been down for (~2-3 days now)? No one knows unfortunately, just need to wait and see.

low-key freaking out because the site is down and I have yet to finish my application. :oops:+pity+ Is anyone here in a similar situation? I am applying to UCSF, UCD, UCI, UCR. My #1 choice is UCSF though!!! **dream school since foreva**:love::luck:
Same man! Also the added benefit of living near home so that'd be great, can save some money on rent lol. Good luck and hopefully they extend the deadline to the end of the month or something.