UC Consortium 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! Is this the skype interview or in person? ALSO CONGRATS!!
thank you!!! and its Skype lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
UCLA just sent me a rejection email. Nothing from UCR though. Im holding out hope for UCR, has anyone heard anything from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just letting everyone know I just recieved an acceptance email from UCSF!. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

Reactions: 3 users
UCLA just sent me a rejection email. Nothing from UCR though. Im holding out hope for UCR, has anyone heard anything from them?
I got rejected yesterday from UCLA as well. I don't think UCR offers interviews to people outside of the Inland Empire unless they have deep ties to the area.

Just letting everyone know I just recieved an acceptance email from UCSF!. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

Hey, congratulations!! If I may ask, what day was your interview?

Has anyone that interviewed at UCSF heard back from them yet?

I'm getting super nervous knowing the admissions committee met up yesterday to decide and haven't heard anything from them.
I got an acceptance email today. From what I know their committee met May 10 and is meeting again the 31st and all applicants will be contacted by June 1st. Good luck!!

Has anyone been offered a Skype or in person interview at UCD this week?

Has anyone been offered a Skype or in person interview at UCD this week?
I got off the phone with the UC consortium rep about an hour ago; she said that all the schools (except Irvine) are still reviewing apps and sending out interview invitations still and will be until end of May. She said they will also try and have everyone notified if they are accepted or not by the second week of June. She also said she knows for a fact that Davis is still selecting interviewees since she is based at Davis. Figured I would share what I was told!

Reactions: 7 users
I got an acceptance email today. From what I know their committee met May 10 and is meeting again the 31st and all applicants will be contacted by June 1st. Good luck!!
Congrats!!!! Have you decided where you are attending?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to UCSF this week, interviewed April 30. I was rejected from UCI and UCLA. No news from the others.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you! I was emailed on Monday.
When do you have to answer by?
I'm still anxiously waiting but starting to give up since it seems like they've emailed the acceptances out already. Do you mind sharing your stats/journey?

When do you have to answer by?
I'm still anxiously waiting but starting to give up since it seems like they've emailed the acceptances out already. Do you mind sharing your stats/journey?

Don't give up hope! If this is really what you want you'll get there. I applied to the post bacc in 2015 and interviewed at UCSF Post Bacc and was rejected. I continued to take classes and improve my GPA and I applied to med school. I was waitlisted to med school this cycle so decided to reapply to the program again. To my surprise got another interview with UCSF and I got my acceptance.

I have to answer by this coming Monday. I have a 3.2overall, and 3.1sgpa with upward trend.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't give up hope! If this is really what you want you'll get there. I applied to the post bacc in 2015 and interviewed at UCSF Post Bacc and was rejected. I continued to take classes and improve my GPA and I applied to med school. I was waitlisted to med school this cycle so decided to reapply to the program again. To my surprise got another interview with UCSF and I got my acceptance.

I have to answer by this coming Monday. I have a 3.2overall, and 3.1sgpa with upward trend.
Woah that's awesome! Congrats again~
I'm probably going to do the same and take classes to improve my GPA if I don't get into a post bacc program this year.

We have similar GPA stats, do you mind me asking which med schools you applied to? I wanted to possibly apply this year just to see what the process is like but I only have 1 LOR from a professor and limited fundings.

Congratulations on the acceptance! Do you mind sharing your volunteering experience?

Woah that's awesome! Congrats again~
I'm probably going to do the same and take classes to improve my GPA if I don't get into a post bacc program this year.

We have similar GPA stats, do you mind me asking which med schools you applied to? I wanted to possibly apply this year just to see what the process is like but I only have 1 LOR from a professor and limited fundings.
My list wasn't the best, and that was something I needed help with. I should have applied to DO schools as well. Did you also apply to CSU post baccs?

Does anybody know when the next in person interview date for UC Davis is?

I got off the phone with the UC consortium rep about an hour ago; she said that all the schools (except Irvine) are still reviewing apps and sending out interview invitations still and will be until end of May. She said they will also try and have everyone notified if they are accepted or not by the second week of June. She also said she knows for a fact that Davis is still selecting interviewees since she is based at Davis. Figured I would share what I was told!
They are still selecting interviewees for the first round of interviews?

I literally had to argue with this woman on the phone for 45 minutes before she decided to email me this information.
"As a follow up to our previous phone conversation, I wanted to provide you an admissions update for UCSF and UCR postbacc program. UCSF will be notifying all applicants of their admissions status by June 1st or 2nd. UCR will be conducting interviews throughout the month of June will provide all prospective applicants with an admissions decision by June 22nd."

Reactions: 2 users
I had a Skype interview with UC Davis on May 16. But no news since then.

Interviews were done in person a week after the Skype interview (the following Wednesday). Depending on how many offers they give and who accepts they may interview more candidates.

Accepted to UCSF! What a quick turn around, I interviewed on 5/22. Quick stats: 3.3 cGPA & 3.2sGPA and UCSD undergrad

Haven't heard anything yet. Anyone get a rejection from UCSF? They were supposed to announce to everyone by yesterday.

Haven't heard anything yet. Anyone get a rejection from UCSF? They were supposed to announce to everyone by yesterday.

I think we will be hearing back from all schools next week. They are still finalizing their classes since each school is competing for the same candidates it seems.

It's crazy that some have heard back from UCSF while I am still trying to refresh my email every 1 hr :(

Is anyone on here a UCR graduate?
Or attended undergrad at a school in Riverside?

Anyone here a nontraditional student or nontraditional major who applied this cycle?
I guess since I am almost 25 I would be considered a nontraditional student. After my five years of undergrad at Davis, I started working at a county hospital as a rehabilitation aide for physical, occupational, and speech therapy. During my two years of working here, I gained a better sense of the working dynamics in a hospital and I confirmed my decision of pursuing a career as a physician. Long story short, I applied to the UC postbacs and some CSU’s as well. I heard back from UC Davis on April 24 and by May 1 I had completed both interviews and been accepted to the program. The time I took off really helped me reflect on why I wanted to become a physician and it allowed me to expand my knowledge of other disciplines in medicine.

Hey guys!

I interviewed in person at UCD close to two weeks ago (May 23rd) and haven't heard anything from them. I'm wondering at this point if I'm just going to be waiting for a rejection email. It seems like candidates typically hear back within a couple of hours or days following the in person interview if they are accepted. Nonetheless I'm really surprised and grateful for the opportunity to have been interviewed.

Currently I go to UCR! I heard from SF around the same time as y’all...I haven’t even been interviewed for UCD so I am currently freaking out for UCR/Davis.

Currently I go to UCR! I heard from SF around the same time as y’all...I haven’t even been interviewed for UCD so I am currently freaking out for UCR/Davis.
Same! Im freaking out because UCR seems a little more late this year than normal... Fingers crossed though!