UC Davis c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thankdog

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too early to start this threat? :lol:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm an IS first-time
applicant!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOS applicants? Is it true that if you have a high GRE and GPA you’re basically guaranteed an interview? I wonder if they’ll be in person MMIs this year…so nervous lol

Any OOS applicants? Is it true that if you have a high GRE and GPA you’re basically guaranteed an interview? I wonder if they’ll be in person MMIs this year…so nervous lol
Yes, because for OOS they only look at GPA, GRE, and the quantitative score of your chosen 3 reference. No qualitative aspect will be considered.

Yes, because for OOS they only look at GPA, GRE, and the quantitative score of your chosen 3 reference. No qualitative aspect will be considered.
Thank you! For the UCD supplemental, how does the essay differ from the VMCAS personal statement?

Thank you! For the UCD supplemental, how does the essay differ from the VMCAS personal statement?
If I remember it correctly, it was just a pretty standardized personal statement in supplemental application. But our cycle VMCAS requested 3 mini essays instead of one comprehensive essay, so I don't know whether the prompt will be different this year.

This is actually the same for in state as well. unless you fall under wholistic review which is after they have automatically given interview invites to the top 25% stats wise for at least the instate, and then only then do the next top 25% in state applicants get looked at holistically for fewer interview positions.

Did anyone else get an email with a message in their portal only for it to not work?

Members don't see this ad :)
At the virtual information session back in March, Lena Al-Rayess mentioned that this year's personal statement would not be the same as last year's because VMCAS changed their essays to a single essay. She didn't have any information beyond that on what it would look like, though.

Hi! First time IS applicant too. Only applying to Davis so I’m terrified!

Last year’s admission stats are out

Attachments

• F734B414-9D7C-43E4-8C2B-48BCB7A5BAC2.png
    F734B414-9D7C-43E4-8C2B-48BCB7A5BAC2.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 349
I messed up and didn't realize that I hadn't sent my GRE scores officially. I sent them yesterday but I'm worried my official GRE scores aren't going to post to VMCAS by the deadline tomorrow. I contacted VMCAS and ETS and they said the scores are still pending and there's no way to expedite this. :eek: I feel like such an idiot

I messed up and didn't realize that I hadn't sent my GRE scores officially. I sent them yesterday but I'm worried my official GRE scores aren't going to post to VMCAS by the deadline tomorrow. I contacted VMCAS and ETS and they said the scores are still pending and there's no way to expedite this. :eek: I feel like such an idiot
hope they got there on time!

I might actually be OK! VMCAS located my GRE scores today and it says on my app that they were accepted on the due date! *fingers crossed!*

Reactions: 1 users
Just received my invite to set up a portal and complete the supplemental app!

Hi everybody I am an OOS first-time applicant who is super nervous but hopeful! My GREs weren't the best but I'm hoping everything else compensates for it.

After we've submitted our supplemental application on the portal, when should we expect to hear if we are moving forward? If we do move forward, is it an interview? (First time, IS applicant)

After we've submitted our supplemental application on the portal, when should we expect to hear if we are moving forward? If we do move forward, is it an interview? (First time, IS applicant)
On the website, it says interviews will be on December 2,3,4 and 8 (or something like that). So I assume around November? But that’s just my assumption

Did anyone apply to Davis last year? Do you recall when the invitation for interview went out?

Did anyone apply to Davis last year? Do you recall when the invitation for interview went out?
On the portal it says we should hear “mid November”. Maybe check the c/o 2025 thread?

I think it was the 23rd last year due to covid impacts. The year before was the 5th, the year before that the 8th, according to SDN.

I think it was the 23rd last year due to covid impacts. The year before was the 5th, the year before that the 8th, according to SDN.
November is going to be stressful 😂😬

Aaaaah, one more week. So close, but so far... T^T

Message saying they should have interview decisions made by the 15th. In the portal.
Yea, everyone should have gotten the message in the portal and email notification of the message. It has all the information about how the interviews will go this year, dates, etc. Now we just have to keep ourselves occupied for another week! Gl everyone.

Today’s the day and it’s killing me because I know it’s not going to be released until late… I’m on the east coast. Good luck everybody!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does everyone have the "Interview" heading on the bottom of the tabs on the left of the screen on the portal? There's no link associated with it but I don't remember it being there before but could very well be reading into things that don't mean anything yet lol

Does everyone have the "Interview" heading on the bottom of the tabs on the left of the screen on the portal? There's no link associated with it but I don't remember it being there before but could very well be reading into things that don't mean anything yet lol
I do. I can't recall if it was there before either. I am glad that I am not the only one obsessing over this today. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

I do. I can't recall if it was there before either. I am glad that I am not the only one obsessing over this today. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!
Today’s the day and it’s killing me because I know it’s not going to be released until late… I’m on the east coast. Good luck everybody!
So hard to concentrate at work today. Thankfully ER is always busy!! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
I saw that last year, 72% of those interviewed were offered admission!! Best of luck to everyone today!

Good luck everyone!! I’m constantly checking my email today at work haha

Yes, it’s been there the whole time lol. :)

Anybody else having trouble concentrating or doing anything else today. I am just checking email and anxious as h***!

I’m so stressed out as well… keep refreshing this page and the fb APVMA page for any news 😖

me
Yes, I also keep refreshing this page, as well as the portal, and my email. It's an evil cycle of refreshing and anxiously waiting.

• Care
I’m so stressed out as well… keep refreshing this page and the fb APVMA page for any news 😖

me
If it helps, APVMA page posts have to have moderator approval so SDN would be faster unless you’re watching an APVMA post’s comments for updates.

If it helps, APVMA page posts have to have moderator approval so SDN would be faster unless you’re watching an APVMA post’s comments for updates.
That makes sense. Well if anyone here gets an invite please update the rest of us!