UC Irvine Help ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaskier

Altaholics Anonymous 92'
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there interviewed at UCI? How was the interview? Any tough questions (HMO's, ethical, etc)? Is there anything you guys/gals could tell me that is important to know?

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

well ehem, lemme me be the first to help you :D

first, it is a "quasi-blind interview"....that is they have your name, first page of UC application, personal statement, but no GPA or MCAT ;)

and from there, it's anyone luck....some people got drilled on their personal statement, explain your research, background etc, (so know that well)....you get one student and one faculty.....it really varies, as you will see in other interviews as well...I personally got mostly biographical questions, but a friend of mine got drilled with ethical and hypothetical questions by her interviewer...

typical questions are, your weakest and strong points? why medicine (always the case), why Irvine....

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks WatchaMaCallit! I appreciate it!

:)

My interview experience was really laid back...the student asked fairly standard questions (why medicine, weak point, problems in medicine) and my faculty member told me about the school for 10 minutes and then left...no questions at all. That was kinda weird and I don't know what it means...but that was my experience!