You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC Irvine
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
are updates the same as letters of intent or should we submit a letter of intent if we sent just an update?
They said 1-2 months during my interview on Tuesday, but I'm pretty sure it'll be sooner 😭For those who interviewed yesterday, did anyone ask when we should expect to hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1130898
heard back, +1 IS waitlist interviewed 02/03
alternate liste just now. Interviewed 2/3. Do you guys know how much movement there is?
forumskeptic
Full Member
OOS R, interviewed in January
eggplant05
Full Member
+1 alternate list interviewed 0[emoji2390]/1[emoji[emoji2390]391]
eggplant05
Full Member
Is Irvine waitlist ranked?
Strawberry_odd
Full Member
+1 IS alternate list😭 is there any hope? It seems like they only take 10 people off their waitlist
crazymantecan
Full Member
I was also waitlisted waaaaay earlier, and from what they said in the email, it's not ranked 🙁
Is Irvine waitlist ranked?
Strawberry_odd
Full Member
Can any current students give insight on what the WL movement looks like? Based on MSAR and past threads it looks like there isn’t a lot but I don’t know if there’s any point in holding out hope
Current student at UCI- I interviewed on the last interview day, and got waitlisted in May; I got off the waitlist in June, and had a couple classmates get off throughout the summer even until the last week of July. For those on the alternate list it's far from over!! UCI takes a lot of students from the list (since people accepted end up going to top 20s lol), so just try to hang on tight and send any update letters if you can (I did after I got waitlisted and I think it really helped). Cheers!
since most schools' commit to enroll deadlines are early summer, does that mean we'll most likely have to withdraw from the waitlist if we have other A's and UCI doesn't get back to us until july or late june?
I believe so. If you commit you have to withdraw everywhere, including waitlists… it sucks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
losrulosuyey
New Member
UCI A CALL right now
Congrats! were u on wl?UCI A CALL right now
icedlattelover
Full Member
Congrats!! When did you interview?UCI A CALL right now
losrulosuyey
New Member
not on waitlist interviewed 01/06
anotherpremed6116
Full Member
A yesterday at around 6:40 EST. interviewed on 12/16 and was also told I would be getting a call from the PRIME-LC dean soon.
d0ingmybest
New Member
OOS II just now! I'm in shock because it's extremely late in the cycle / made an account just for this haha. Super excited!
LatinaMed
Full Member
CONGRATULATIONS DOCTOR!!!!!!OOS II just now! I'm in shock because it's extremely late in the cycle / made an account just for this haha. Super excited!
OOS II just now! I'm in shock because it's extremely late in the cycle / made an account just for this haha. Super excited!
Congrats!! Is this for reg MD?
d0ingmybest
New Member
Thank you, yes reg MD!Congrats!! Is this for reg MD?
Thank you, yes reg MD!
Good luck! Im sure you will do great.
Im still waiting for UCI to give me something. I haven’t received anything yet, no rejection so hopefully I can snag a last minute II too. Can you let us know what avail dates they have for interviews??
d0ingmybest
New Member
Fingers crossed for you!! From what I've seen online there are more schools with late interviews this year than normal (ex: USC)Good luck! Im sure you will do great.
Im still waiting for UCI to give me something. I haven’t received anything yet, no rejection so hopefully I can snag a last minute II too. Can you let us know what avail dates they have for interviews??
The only date available when I checked was April 14th.
VOLTRON7121
Full Member
Wonder what soon means...A yesterday at around 6:40 EST. interviewed on 12/16 and was also told I would be getting a call from the PRIME-LC dean
anotherpremed6116
Full Member
same hahaWonder what soon means...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aheartmadefullmetal
Full Member
so has no one heard from PRIME-LC or LEAD-ABC?
VOLTRON7121
Full Member
Found a message in my emails that mentioned decisions release the first week of April.so has no one heard from PRIME-LC or LEAD-ABC?
arrowhead4
New Member
IS A earlier today!!! interviewed 2/03. Does anyone know if they have an in-person second look day?
anotherpremed6116
Full Member
Did anyone else get the email from PRIME-LC about second look specifically for them, but still have not received a proper acceptance?
They had an in person second look on March 3rd the next second look they have is virtual and will be on April 28th! I think they should be sending you an email to register soon!IS A earlier today!!! interviewed 2/03. Does anyone know if they have an in-person second look day?
electricalspray
Full Member
Anyone from 3/4 heard back yet?
sirpaulydy
Full Member
Not yet, it looks like we’ll hear back the first week of aprilAnyone from 3/4 heard back yet?
VOLTRON7121
Full Member
PRIME-LC email went out mentioning 25k tuition will be covered through the program. Is this typical to what previous cohorts received?
sirpaulydy
Full Member
Did you recieve an A to the progam?PRIME-LC email went out mentioning 25k tuition will be covered through the program. Is this typical to what previous cohorts received?
VOLTRON7121
Full Member
I was told files would be reviewed April 3rd and decisions would be made the following week!Did you recieve an A to the progam?
Does anyone know if we can know the ranking for the WL or how many ppl are on it or typically how much movement there is?
mujicordorganizer
New Member
Did those interviewing on 4/14 receive the Kira assessment invite in email yet?
oreospazzy
Full Member
They usually WL 100 people apx. and they accept 10 people from it. Source: https://students-residents.aamc.org/system/files/2025-01/MSAR009 - MSAR Waitlist Procedures.pdfDoes anyone know if we can know the ranking for the WL or how many ppl are on it or typically how much movement there is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sirpaulydy
Full Member
OOS WL, interviewed 03/04 🙁
Last edited:
electricalspray
Full Member
Anyone else from 3/4 with no update still?
doctornugget
Full Member
Just received my OOS pre-II R this morning. Good luck to everyone else!
Ammran1234
Full Member
I know they say that results will get back in 1-2 months, but has anyone been waiting longer than that? I interviewed 1/21 and still haven't heard back from the school lmao
VOLTRON7121
Full Member
PRIME-LC WL, congratulations to students who were accepted!